1.    #1  
    How great would it be if HP surprised us with a dual screen phone. What percentage do you guys think that it would be dual screen. I wanna keep hope so im saying 5%
    it would make the phone thicker. What purpose would the second screen serve?
    I'm not sure how nice a duel screen phone would be. I could see a netbook/tablet mix, but you'd think it'd be too bulky to be used as a phone or too small to be used for anything else.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Would Touchstone still work?
    Duel screen sounds like a battery nightmare.....no thanks.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    it would make the phone thicker. What purpose would the second screen serve?
    i assume the OP was referring to this device...
    Actually, the TI OMAP4 specs support up to 3 screens simultaneously.

Here is the post I made about this a couple of moths ago, with a link to the TI video.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Actually, the TI OMAP4 specs support up to 3 screens simultaneously.
    Good grief - the screens supported by the OMAP4 aren't intended to all be in the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Good grief - the screens supported by the OMAP4 aren't intended to all be in the device.
    Kupe;

Yes, they are, in fact, TI themselves developed a device with 2 screens on it to test it.. look at that video to see it!

This is part of why the TI OMAP processors are so preferable to other solutions... low power, high performance.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    i assume the OP was referring to this device...
    I hope Palm/HP doesn't do that.
    Landscape slider phone...but instead of a keyboard underneath, it'll have a screen. I like the idea, it'll function like a regular keyboard, most of the time, and just think of all the cool things you could do as far as extending apps onto the screen.

I also LOVE the idea of putting something like Samsung's mini-OLED screen under the gesture area, so you're doing the gestures on that cool little OLED screen.
    - giant quik apps launch area
    - touch dialer
    - haptic keyboard

It would be innovative 'form factor' we keep hearing about

may use a little batt, but could keep it extra thin, cheaper, more reliable
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Kupe;

Yes, they are, in fact, TI themselves developed a device with 2 screens on it to test it.. look at that video to see it!

This is part of why the TI OMAP processors are so preferable to other solutions... low power, high performance.

Like I said - not intended to support a three-screen device. Intended to drive at least one external monitor. Dual screen devices have been around for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Like I said - not intended to support a three-screen device. Intended to drive at least one external monitor. Dual screen devices have been around for years.
    Kupe;

Nope. you said:

"
    Originally Posted by Kupe http://forums.precentral.net/images/...s/viewpost.gif
    Good grief - the screens supported by the OMAP4 aren't intended to all be in the device."

And, yes, they CAN support all 3 on one device, but can ALSO support 2 on and 1 off.

Its all in the video.