Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Ok I would first off like everyone to understand that I am no 3D animator/graphic designer. These pics were all created using paint (yes the one in windows). Since I didnít have too much of a problem with the look that the Pre has now, I just made some minor changes. Kind of like how when Apple went from the 3g to the 3gs. So overall it still has that river stone look/rock. But all the specs are bumped up way up.

The Size of the phone was the important thing to keep in mind. Since the first was obviously too small.
    H=4.2
    W=2.5
    D=.65
    Screen size= (yes, that magic number we are all looking for 3.8!!!!) I was thinking a super AMOLED.

CPU= I was thinking that 1 GHz or 1.5 GHz was strong enough. Having a dual-processor might drain needed battery life. My pre runs great at 1 GHz (overclock)

HD= at the very least 16 GB of built in hard drive. And off course a micro SD slots slightly below the volume bars.

There will be both a front facing camera at 3mp and a primary camera at 8mp accompanied with a LED flash.

Also on the back portion there will be not only one speaker but two speakers. This is due to the fact that the pre didnít wow me with its current speaker power.

The back portion of the phone, were the camera and speakers are, is attached to the front portion/screen. So itís really as if the back portion ends 3/4 up from the bottom. If you look at the pics it will help explain everything.

Thatís really it. I was satisfied with the look of first pre but just wanted to minor tweaks and some major upgrades.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    adding the speaker and camera to the front will make it top heavy when the slider is open. The pre is pretty much perfectly balanced as is.
    I like what you did with the gesture area.
    Woah. Imagine the cool dock stations and gps holders they could make with the open position.. Neat.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Thanks guys I appreciate the comments
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    whats really interesting is knowing how close the next pre is going to look like this. Palm did say that it would look very close to the first pre, after all it does have the same form factor. crazy hu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    I like what you did with the gesture area.
    I think you meant to say what Palm did w/ the gesture area, its the same as the Pre +.

It says it right in the pic.

http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...frontwords.jpg
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    actually its alittle different I just said that to make it simple. The pre+ only has one bar, I added the two bars on top and bottom of that main center bar. It really dosnt do much but add to looks.