Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Sounds great! If this is true, I'll be buying one as soon as it's released.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Device rumors surrounding Palm smartphones are starting to heat up. After we saw the P102 appear in a certification database (and subsequently get pulled) and heard that we might see something in October, another very reliable tipster has written in that Palm is planning a new device - which may or may not be the same thing as the P102.

The phone is codenamed 'mansion.' It is to have a 800x480 screen and it will not have a physical keyboard - a design decision that's very interesting given that we assumed that virtual keyboard code buried in webOS 2.0 was meant for the PalmPad.

We know that webOS scales easily so we're not concerned about a smartphone with a virtual keyboard from that standpoint - but we'll be curious to see if Palm can rise above the mix of 'pretty good' virtual keyboards on Android phones and get theirs up to par with the iPhone and Windows Phone.

Does a slate-style webOS device without a physical keyboard interest you? How about an 800x480 screen?
    At this point anything would be better then not having new hardware in the "before 2011" pipeline. Bring it!
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/04/2010 at 02:44 PM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Thanks but no thanks. Lack of physical keyboard is a dealbreaker for me. I'll stick with living in the Castle for now.

Unless you're telling me it has Graffiti 1... then I might reconsider.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Is it bad that the first thing I thought about when I read about the screen resolution was what I could make with higher res top bar icons? lol
    Love it, just hope it's not a boat. (And if the V-keyboard is designed by the best at Palm to be better than any out there, all the better)
    Roadrunner, Mansion, C40....960x640, 800x480...it all just gets to be noise after awhile.
    Rumors, rumors, rumors. Keep it up. Maybe HP will get the point that we want a new phone and a slate. And we want them today preferably.
    show us something solid...enough with these bs rumors...
    I would have loved a keyboard too but I'm still glad to see something new. I'll buy it.
    Oh man...i luv keyboards....i will still get it...
    No keyboard, no sale. I've had a pure touchscreen before, and hated input. I've tried virtual keyboards, and I can type faster with my normal two-handed input. It would be even more infuriating than the TMC errors I see every day.
    I'm just looking for a picture to be released/leaked of this device. If it's sexy enough, I might be tempted even though it has no keyboard. Keyboard is key for me...
    Not buying this. 800x480 would cause problems because of the aspect ratio right?
    I'll buy it as soon as is available.
    after several iphones (boring) androids (good but not elegant) I want e device with big screen AND webOS...
    My Pixi will stay with me but bring out this baby...
    Let the resolution fragmentation begin.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I'm just looking for a picture to be released/leaked of this device. If it's sexy enough, I might be tempted even though it has no keyboard. Keyboard is key for me...
    It would certainly be worth 30 days and ~$70 to test it out!
    I love it the Treo's Keyboard, and I like the Pre keyboard, too... but I believe that some device without Keyboard, could be a Tablet...

Best Regards...
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    Let the resolution fragmentation begin.
    It already began with the differences in the Pre and Pixi resolution.
    Rumors Rumors Rumors. I have little faith in any of these unnamed sources.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast