Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    If I had 6-9 tries, I'm sure I would eventually guess roughly when the next Palm device arrived too. Does that mean I have inside info, too?
    Yes.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    I've said it many times...I'll say it again...multiple form factors. I wouldn't be shocked if Palm had as many as 3 new phones coming out at once, but I'm banking on two: 1) Pre upgrade/replacement (larger screen and keyboard with better hardware components all around) and 2) a slab phone, Evo style (maybe 4" display) with no keyboard.

All guessing, but I think a lot of the bread crumbs point to more than one device.
    I hope this is the path that works out. There really are two sets of users here because we split over the keyboard issue, and manufacturers offer both types frequently (Apple being a notable exception). WebOS on both types would sell the most devices. Hopefully the roadmap has that plan.
    I would guess that there are at least 2devices one would be the pixie upgrade (mansion) being a candy bar form factor w/ Vkb and probably lower specs .. and a pre upgrade being a physical keyboard w higher specs(speed screen ect).... So those who want a slate version will get their "mansion" and those who want the physical keyboard will get their "roadrunne hd" ..but that's jus another guess... :/
    IF there is no physical keyboard, there is NO WAY they can pull off a 3.1" device. They will have to do something 3.8-4.1. Especially if Rahul has been boasting hardware that will make devs just flock to webos.

I do not fully understand why there is a big push for super crazy thin. I'll admit I don't want a treo 755 sitting in my pocket, but at some point I can deal with a little thickness. I'd rather have the EVO slightly thicker (almost up to Epic thickness) and have much better battery life.

At this point, I highly doubt there would be something on the front page without some highly credible source. What would be the motive? Tricking loyal users into having some hope? For all the people crying foul on the c40, there is probably a chance it was real but the merger changed the plans before/during/after the merger that gummed up the normally well oiled credible machine. At the very least, it was picked up by Engadget, and they pride themselves on trying to avoid publishing/pushing rumors.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    My wife was looking at the Epic and all I could say was "wow, look at that slide out keyboard, hope Palm can do something similar." As spmebody said in the first couple of posts a virtual keyboard would be a deal killer for me. Hopefully Palm releases several models.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Palm may have only released 2 models of anything (Treo phone, Palm Tx PDA for example) but HP releases a bazillion models of everything. If there is a demand, they release, and often too early at that!

So I have every confidence that there will be plenty of form-factors out there to fit everyone's needs. Hopefully more reliably than Pre's, too!
    i am worried that Palm doesn't think they can get a physical keyboard on a device with a 3.8-4-inch screen.

SO i guess if i had to choose between the same size screen and a physical keyboard....and a 4-inch screen with no keyboard, i would prolly go with no keyboard. i just hope they include SWYPE if that is the case
    Everyone at Palm has been saying, for a long time that there will be MANY form factors. But I will always pick a hardware keyboard. With a keyboard, your app can remain full screen while you type. Not a big deal for some, but huge deal for me.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    i have a hunch that the funny resolution means a semi-permanent screen keyboard/swipe area, something that is designed to be seen in most views except when watch video or playing video games or in car mode. something crazy like that
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    same res as the evo
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    evo with webos 2.0 I'll take it with or without physical keyboard
    I really like this! I so wanna get my hands on a new Palm phone... but I'm afraid Verzion will get it before Sprint. I don't know why, but It just seems like it will. But I hope not!
    Cingular 3125 --> Samsung Instink! --> Palm Pre --> ???
    Absence of moving parts makes a more robust device.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    It doesn't matter if it was real or not. It has no bearing on whether or not his info on WebOS devices is legit, unless we start making some serious assumptions.
    I'm starting to think he just got lucky with the Evo. P|C still gets better "scoops" than webOS World.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I love my kb!!! No!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Balzak View Post
    My wife was looking at the Epic and all I could say was "wow, look at that slide out keyboard, hope Palm can do something similar." As spmebody said in the first couple of posts a virtual keyboard would be a deal killer for me. Hopefully Palm releases several models.
    me2
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Palm Manson - a killer device?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Balzak View Post
    My wife has been a very longtime Treo user, so much so she didn't like the Pre form factor even and returned it for a Treo Pro last June when i kept my Pre. She was always a hardware KB girl, always insisted a VKB would suck, it's not for her, wouldn't like it one bit. With constant Treo Pro problems she had been looking for a phone for a while and though interested in the EVO she passed because of the VKB. I told her about the Epic so she waited for that, though she was still unsure about even a landscape KB.

She got the Epic, hardly uses the landscape KB. She uses the VKB for just about everything. In fact earlier today I picked it up and slid it open and asked when was the last time she had even done that, she said it had been a week or two. She does a lot of email and other typing on her phone.

People shouldn't write them off so quickly.
    even still jackson on webosworld is sticking to his insider and saying that Sprint and Palm will be announcing the next webos device by novemeber. Who knows how accurate that is, lets hope so though. Heres that Pic again of that supposed LG wp7 phone, still not much we can see of what it is though. Atleast we know its not a WP7 phone though huh. Could this be the Palm Mansion?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmac06 View Post
    I really like this! I so wanna get my hands on a new Palm phone... but I'm afraid Verzion will get it before Sprint. I don't know why, but It just seems like it will. But I hope not!
    If so, we would eventually get it too. As long as it has a physical keyboard I'll get it.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast