Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    If this is true then Ill stick w/ FrankenPre.

can you imagine? 1.2ghz, 512mb, WebOs2.0. = Winner
    I have a Palm Pre Plus with my processor at 1.2Ghz, 512MB Ram and WebOS 2.0 will be coming to the Pre Plus, so I still want what my friend has laid out for me. Dual Core A9 1Ghz, 512MB RAM, 32GB, Front Facing Camera (Hopeful), 4G (I was hopeful for)
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    Sucks for the people who want a hardware keyboard. I'd ratjer not have the wasted space and extra bulk that comes with it and don't forget the issues with the Pre+ keyboards.

If it ends up with a hardware keyboard it's no sale for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    I haven't talked to my source yet, but I've not heard Mansion running around unless they recently renamed Roadrunner to Mansion. The Roadrunner HD is still on track with a new keyboard.
    Not to be a **** but has anything you've "heard" ever come true? It seems like your "source" doesn't have the best track record.

My source confirmed. HP decided to change the closing to July 1st (As most of you know already). We are moving on track for a new phone mid to late August.
    http://forums.precentral.net/future-...ml#post2524928

Apparently there will be 2 WebOS PHONES running 2.0. They will respectively replace the Palm Pre and Pixi (Pluses too). My source (As you guys know from the C40 Thread) told me after a ton of bugging him (I think he hates me now :|) that apparently at the end of September/Early October Palm will release the successor to the Pre and then in November release the successor to the Pixi.
    http://forums.precentral.net/future-...ml#post2619405

I've got clear indications that Palm will have the phone out mid November minus any slow downs from the merger.
    http://forums.precentral.net/future-...ml#post2596449

July 31st is a Saturday, and HP will acquire Palm. Monday of the following week, Palm will either leak or announce a new device.
    http://forums.precentral.net/future-...ml#post2515617

WebOS 2.0 is close to being completed. WebOS will be "Gold" by the end of this month supposedly.
    http://forums.precentral.net/future-...ml#post2666930

My little birdy says that HP/Palm will be announcing the phone in a couple weeks if all plans go well. Weeewwtt
    http://forums.precentral.net/future-...ml#post2643289
    it seems apple has done a good job marketing 'retina' display. Since they are marketing this based on density though it is still possible to have an 800 x 480 at 'retina' display density,the screen would just need to be 2.8"

Personally I'd rather have a lower density but higher then what we have now 3.7" amoled screen. It would be nice to have the pre on a touchstone at night and not have such a bright night light.
    Yeah, for all of the talk of "sources" and "inside info" and "reliable tipsters", the only people who seem to have been accurate thus far are those who say NOTHING is coming anytime soon - like myself - and we don't need inside info to arrive at that conclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Not to be a **** but has anything you've "heard" ever come true? It seems like your "source" doesn't have the best track record.
    Stop it with these facts. They hurt my head. Gotta give the fans what they want. For the record, my source, twice removed, told me the next phone is going to incorporate a new "fovea" display and have front, back, and side cameras. It will also have a special compartment to store spare battery doors.
    the aquisition of plam by hp caused some adverse affects so dont be a **** and give him a break man .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Anyone else concerned that the screen resolution might make porting iPhone games more difficult? I'm not sure how difficult changing the game resolution in code is, but if it is sufficiently difficult it might discourage iPhone developers from porting their games.
    I guess I'd prefer the keyboard, b/c I hate typing on the iphone when the keyboard covers up half the screen. That sucks.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Have you ever experienced a merger first hand? For 45 days until closing, everything in a company is stagnate except for non essential operations. All purchase requests, contracts, filings, and account payable have go through layers of approval process. Because every part of the business is under legal and government review.

Under these circumstances, most companies road maps, R&D budget, and marketing plans usually go straight to the toilet, seriously, that's how it works. I think we should be hopeful and thankful that HP is still thinking of producing a Palmpad, and maybe even a smart phone.

After closing, it takes another 30-60 days to consolidate and eliminate all duplicate departments like HR, legal, marketing, and accounting. And another 30 days to reassure all contracts with Palm's past suppliers, and pay all damages and losses to vendors and contract manufacturers.

Added to that, HP now has a new CEO who is driven by corporate software solutions for easy profit sharing, meaning WebOS is the last thing on his mind. Let's hope rubby, mckinney, sood can continue to innovate, and give Palm users one last shot. If not, WebOS is going to end up in 15 million printers and countless other netbooks/laptops/start screens.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    No keyboard, no sale for me. I DESPISE typing on the iPhone and have no interest in giving up my Pre keyboard.
    I've said it many times...I'll say it again...multiple form factors. I wouldn't be shocked if Palm had as many as 3 new phones coming out at once, but I'm banking on two: 1) Pre upgrade/replacement (larger screen and keyboard with better hardware components all around) and 2) a slab phone, Evo style (maybe 4" display) with no keyboard.

All guessing, but I think a lot of the bread crumbs point to more than one device.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    I guess I'd prefer the keyboard, b/c I hate typing on the iphone when the keyboard covers up half the screen. That sucks.
    The keyboard would only be visible when you're actually typing though. It doesn't really bother me at all. I'm looking forward to a webOS phone without a physical keyboard.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    I have a Palm Pre Plus with my processor at 1.2Ghz, 512MB Ram and WebOS 2.0 will be coming to the Pre Plus, so I still want what my friend has laid out for me. Dual Core A9 1Ghz, 512MB RAM, 32GB, Front Facing Camera (Hopeful), 4G (I was hopeful for)

Man i hope this comes true i would like to have a keyboard
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    the aquisition of plam by hp caused some adverse affects so dont be a **** and give him a break man .
    Quote Originally Posted by nicekyo View Post
    Have you ever experienced a merger first hand? For 45 days until closing, everything in a company is stagnate except for non essential operations. All purchase requests, contracts, filings, and account payable have go through layers of approval process. Because every part of the business is under legal and government review.
    I love how people write off the wild inaccuracy as "well, the merger delayed everything..."

The first three "prediction" links I clicked on were dated in late August and September and based on "info" his "source" was giving him well after the merger.

If I had 6-9 tries, I'm sure I would eventually guess roughly when the next Palm device arrived too. Does that mean I have inside info, too?
    why assume mansion is a phone? Maybe it's the tablet
    gotta question/thought? do you people remember jackson posted a picture of a LG wp7 4g device comming out for sprint ? do you think that it was a lie and was really the future palm webos phone? i say this because isnt wp7 only launching on att this year and wont be on a cdma until later next year?,....just a thought....dont kill me
    If this was true, I think I would wait for CES and see what is showcased. I mean we've waiting this long, why not wait a little longer

No big deal to me. I don't think I can do just VK.

The smart option would be to have both, for quick access and for power usage
    Quote Originally Posted by eggroks View Post
    gotta question/thought? do you people remember jackson posted a picture of a LG wp7 4g device comming out for sprint ? do you think that it was a lie and was really the future palm webos phone? i say this because isnt wp7 only launching on att this year and wont be on a cdma until later next year?,....just a thought....dont kill me
    That thought ran through my mind.. in fact I think I did mention that when it did come out, either on here or over there
    Quote Originally Posted by eggroks View Post
    It doesn't matter if it was real or not. It has no bearing on whether or not his info on WebOS devices is legit, unless we start making some serious assumptions.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast