Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Roadrunner, Mansion, C40....960x640, 800x480...it all just gets to be noise after awhile.
    Oh how true this is...
    Just for the record, has P|C ever posted a rumor to the front page and have it not come true?

If yes, then I take the wait-and-see approach.

If no, then quit yer complainin. We've begged for rumors and innuendo about new phones. If this is it, then yay...finally!
    Mansion?

wasn't that the codename for my old Motorola bag phone???

http://www.svwsticker.com/files/svws...-bag-phone.jpg
    I see pandas.
    Coincidence?

Rahul Sood Twitted this:
    Personally I prefer a virtual keyboard, thinner device, better battery. Just my opinion.
    Well, they posted the Roadrunner HD story, and these can't both be true (hell...neither may be)....
    It has to be retina display atleast. Otherwise we are not even caught up with competition, leave aside outdoing them. Plus H/P needs to buy palm a predictive software company for VKB. Something like blind can type.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Doesn't sound right to me... Pre was Castle, this is Mansion... Maybe it is not the "Pre2" but possibly a lower grade phone. Possibly replaces the pixi?
    C40

http://www.precentral.net/new-palm-p...y-p120-and-c40

http://www.precentral.net/palm-c40-c...its-own-shadow

http://www.precentral.net/speculatio...ing-summer-c40

Sprint's Pre Plus (Confirmed Dead Before Arrival)

http://www.precentral.net/sprint-pat...lus-wither-c40

Quote Originally Posted by rlangley21 View Post
    Just for the record, has P|C ever posted a rumor to the front page and have it not come true?

If yes, then I take the wait-and-see approach.

If no, then quit yer complainin. We've begged for rumors and innuendo about new phones. If this is it, then yay...finally!
    Palm III>Sony CLIÉ S300>Sony CLIÉ N760C>Sony CLIÉ TG50 & Tapwave Zodiac 2>Handspring Treo 600>Palm Treo 700p>Palm Treo 755p>Palm Pre>FrankenPre2
    the only thing I dnt like is resolution I was hoping for somthing.. Spectacular,new, and cutting edge but I guess 1 step behind is good enough for hpalm and everyone else....
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenMan View Post
    Not buying this. 800x480 would cause problems because of the aspect ratio right?
    IDK, had the same thought, then wondered, what if this was an HP phone slated to have android or Win Mobile 7? The phone wouldn't have a gesture area, but with that resolution, you could use the extra 80 vertical lines for a "gesture area" and just have everything else as normal above that. It's a stretch, but then again, this is but a rumor and not confirmed.
    Thin.... Thin.... Thin

keyboard or no keyboard it's a new palm phone I'm sure everybody will still get it
    Last edited by OneDeep; 10/04/2010 at 03:32 PM.
    As a very nerdy side note,

800x480 @ 3.1 inches = 300 dpi exactly.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Coincidence?

Rahul Sood Twitted this:
    hmmmmm...
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
    hopefully they don't do 3.1 again. They need to pick either 3.7 or 4" and stick with that size for the rest of their high end devices
    Quote Originally Posted by twilightomni View Post
    As a very nerdy side note,

800x480 @ 3.1 inches = 300 dpi exactly.
    Thats a wonderful dpi.
    I really love wide resolutions...

For this, I'm using a Nokia N810 to my series!! :mrgreen:

But... I like the Palm Pre form factor and size... :?

Best Regards...
    I used to say a keyboard was necessary for me to get a new device. After having played with both the EVO and Epic Virtural keyboard I do believe I can type just as well on them as I do the pre's small keyboard. I've played with swype and i think it would be great once get used to it.

The problem with most VK's for me is not the typing on the board itself, its getting the VK to come up when appropriate.. On too many of the slab phones you have to do do multiple unintuitive things to the keyboard up and its often up to the app to decide when to do the (what i assume is an API-like call) to bring up the keypad. What I would like actually is a "hard" button on the phone that calls up the keyboard no matter what is on the phone.

A good example of the problem is universal search. The way it is now with the pre, I start typing and then the phone figures out what I am doing (making phone call? searching contacts? doing other search). With several slab phones I have played with, I have to first tell the phone what it is im trying to do so that the keyboard will then pop up. Doesn't sound like a big deal and I am not explaining it well but it makes a difference.
    Last edited by midmofan; 10/04/2010 at 04:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    What I would like actually is a "hard" button on the phone that calls up the keyboard no matter what is on the phone.
    ^^ this.
    just type ftw
    Ahh the good ol' bag phone Spent many a winters in Northern Alberta in the oil fields and that phone would get reception almost anywhere, ugly and cumbersome as it was, but you could at leasr make a call. Too bad about the lack of a real keyboard.... Maybe they'll put a USB input so I can carry my desktop keyboard around with me in my back pocket. I did try the VK patch, but I think I may have used it only a couple of times before deleting the patch. The bigger screen would be kinda nice, no deal killer for me there.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast