Hi all

Here's my "sneak peek" of my rendering.

I will post when complete.

Cheers,

Brent
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You're such a tease...
    yuck haha!

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  4.    #4  
    Hi all

Here's my "sneak peek" of my rendering.

I will post when complete.

Cheers,

Brent
    A slider on a tablet? I'm not convinced. A convertible would better, though then your d-pad wouldn't fit.
    You're kidden right?
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  7.    #7  
    Keyboard pops out.... used as a bluetooth Keyboard so that the slider can be returned inside. Stand mounted on back so you can sit back with the keyboard and relax.

When keyboard and slider is put back in place and closed the PAD defaults to on-screen keyboard.

B
    No crossposting please
    <<Threads Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by brentdowney View Post
    Keyboard pops out.... used as a bluetooth Keyboard so that the slider can be returned inside. Stand mounted on back so you can sit back with the keyboard and relax.

When keyboard and slider is put back in place and closed the PAD defaults to on-screen keyboard.

B
    I thought about a physical keyboard as well, but I think if it's done as you describe, it should be much more compact and not be a full slider like you show. I was thinking more of a pop-out that is either fully encased in the tablet itself or just takes up a small portion of the back within a recessed portion of the back of the tablet.

Also...ditch the white keys and the NES controller-looking directional arrow pad on the left.
    Could you make it a little thicker please? It only looks to be about .25" thicker than my MacBook so far...
    Palm won't release a tablet with a slide out keyboard. That thing would be impossible to type on when holding it.

Props for the render though. You got skills!
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  12.    #12  
    I still have some additions to add - here's a full front rendering....

PAD - Gaming Console - Thought it would be a good idea as "Rahul Sood ?" is into gaming
    and is pushing it. Also, I went with white for the main body to distinguish from all the other tablets/slates.

Brent
  13.    #13  
    NickDG - Wireless keyboard pops out....
    A full wireless keyboard that completely detaches would be much nicer than the slider that your render looks like. Also, I don't see any space reserved for a gesture bar.
    Get rid of the keyboard and we have a winner! The point of a keyboardless computer (ie a tablet) is that it is much more portible, and if you really need to type a lot, you can bring a small bt keyboard with you.

It does look really nice even with the keyboard, I just don't think I would actually buy something like that.
    If it's a wireless keyboard pop up than the keyboard part should be much bigger. You take it apart and it's a big space at the top. +1 for thinking outside the box.
    I like the idea, and though i like the idea of gaming as a focus, I would think if you are going to have a slide-out keyboard the keyboard would take up a vast majority of that real estate.

Very nice look though...
    I like it and your artistic talents are impressive. However, I would prefer a much thinner slate with a bluetooth keypad. I have seen a fold-up bluetooth keypad that can be carried in the pocket and that can quickly be opened and utilized. That would match more my personal criterion for a portable slate.
  19.    #19  
    Thanks!

I get to submit multiple designs so these are great comments.

Brent
    I kind of like the slide-out/pop-out keyboard with the game controls on it. I think it could be made thin enough to be practical and could be backed up by a virtual keyboard as well. If the keyboard had Bluetooth capability it could also interface to the Palm Smartphone. It could also be made to swing back as a kickstand.
    A gesture area and a front facing camera with HD resolution as well as an HDMI output would round out the design. I like the thinking on this.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast