Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Thanks,
    That's why I didn't want to post it as a finished project. It most definitely can be thinner and I had planned on putting the camera in there as well. The opposite side has HDMI port but I have not yet added an SD Card slot. As well, I wanted to post a rendering of the PAD tilted up on a stand (Closed) and the small keyboard on the side.
    I think that visual would sell it better.

It's really hard to please everyone with product design. Hell I might only get a handful of votes on here because it seems most people on here want a "PHONE"....

It's obvious that I want a PAD.

Brent
    Quote Originally Posted by brentdowney View Post
    Thanks,
    That's why I didn't want to post it as a finished project. It most definitely can be thinner and I had planned on putting the camera in there as well. The opposite side has HDMI port but I have not yet added an SD Card slot. As well, I wanted to post a rendering of the PAD tilted up on a stand (Closed) and the small keyboard on the side.
    I think that visual would sell it better.

It's really hard to please everyone with product design. Hell I might only get a handful of votes on here because it seems most people on here want a "PHONE"....

It's obvious that I want a PAD.

Brent
    Hey, I want a PAD also, although I prefer the term slate.
  3.    #23  
    LOL. Good call! I'd rather slate too but seems HP PALM have already named it. I could be wrong.

B
    LOL. Good call! I'd rather slate too but seems HP PALM have already named it. I could be wrong.

B
    No, I believe you are correct. I'm just a lonely voice crying in the wilderness. Slate, PAD, whatever, just bring it on!
  5.    #25  
    Yes bring it on!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    If you're doing a removeable keyboard, include a gesture pad and extra battery in that part, and a kickstand on the screen part. Basically makes it a netbook when you want it, or a thin and light tablet when you only want to take that half.

And allow all of them to be charged off the same touchstone-2.0 dock
  7.    #27  
    Ha.
    I'm going to put some serious thought into that.

I need to add something to the rendering for scale reference to get a better idea of weight and balance.

I will update later today.

Cheers,

Brent

Thanks,

B
    LMAO, love the NES style D-Pad...
    I'd buy it, good job!
    I still have some additions to add - here's a full front rendering....

PAD - Gaming Console - Thought it would be a good idea as "Rahul Sood ?" is into gaming
    and is pushing it. Also, I went with white for the main body to distinguish from all the other tablets/slates.

Brent
    it looks like an old school nintendo ds kind of hardware
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I think the render is gorgeous. Sony may not be happy if they had the symbol keys, but nice none the less. Make the keyboard thinner, maybe with a prop up stand to hold the pad up when you have it on a desk or table, and show the keyboard completely removed, and I think you have a winner on your hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Palm won't release a tablet with a slide out keyboard. That thing would be impossible to type on when holding it.

Props for the render though. You got skills!
    I don't know anyone who types with one hand on the iPad, I see them set it down in their lap or place it on a surface. But again another reason for both a software and a hardware keyboard, IMO.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  13.    #33  
    Thanks so much for the compliments.

I'm a gamer at heart so it may explain my need (want) for the game controls.

I have thinned out the whole unit, created a retracted bluetooth keyboard, added the gesture area and added a stand.

Renders to come shortly.

Cheers,

Brent
  14.    #34  
    Here's three different views showing the before mentioned optimizations.

Thanks for the comments. Open to more critique.

Brent
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    looks like a game console and not a serious tablet for business
    Treo 600 650 700p 800w Pre
    I like the removable keyboard, LOVE the nes dpad, and agree if it had a removable keyboard, it should also be an extra battery.
    However I think it should be sold without the keyboard and several versions should be made available. Who wouldn't want a treo 650 bluetooth keyboard that could clip to the back? Heck I want 1 for my main pc!
    I'm in...I like it and love the white on bezel option that simply makes it pop. Sorli...
  18.    #38  
    Thanks Sorli,

I think the white separates it from the rest of the tablets/slates/pads coming out.

Stay tuned for a pink version. NAH! Just kidding about the pink!

Brent
    Here's three different views showing the before mentioned optimizations.

Thanks for the comments. Open to more critique.

Brent
    Still too thick. Nice rendering though.
  20.    #40  
    Thanks
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12