1.    #1  
    Was last week's "leak" of information inentional? Unintentional? Bogus? I don't know, but HP/Palm is on the clock or I may be forced to switch to an Android for the next 15 mos of my contract. I have about a month left to make up my mind about switching devices on Verizon. No, I don't like any of the Android phones, but they do have functional GPS and don't seem to have hardware issues like the Pre Plus. HP/Palm could make my life a lot easier by just releasing something in the next month (and giving us some kind of concrete information to work with).
    You, me, and I think the whole entire forum members. :-D:-D
    I was hoping someone would create a new, "release new hardware or else ill take my ball and go home" thread. Thanks!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I was hoping someone would create a new, "release new hardware or else ill take my ball and go home" thread. Thanks!
    You're welcome. It's simply a matter of my Pre Plus not doing what it's supposed to be doing (e.g. GPS). Whether it's Palm's fault or Verizon's fault is no longer a factor. It's an issue that won't be fixed, so my only option (as given to me by Verizon) is to accept a trade for any other device they sell. HP/Palm could my decision a lot easier by just releasing a new device in the next month. That would be nothing but a win for me. I'd get a new WebOS device to use for the next 15 months of my contract, presumably stronger hardware, hopefully WebOS 2.0 and hopefully functional GPS. My alternatives are to keep the Pre Plus which has the OS that I love, but no GPS or switch to an Android phone which does have GPS, but is an OS that I hate.
    what leak? did i miss something?!?!?!
    There is always the switch to sprint alternative. Cheaper, no GPS issues. Come on over from the Dark Side!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    There is always the switch to sprint alternative. Cheaper, no GPS issues. Come on over from the Dark Side!
    Unfortunately I'm stuck with "Big Red" til 12/11.
    After my communications with Verizon and taking into account their history, I fully expect Verizon to cripple GPS in webOS 2.0 just like they did in earlier versions. They are more interested in selling VZN Navigator then keeping a client base of webOS users. They allow GPS to work on other platforms simply because of the number of users on those operating systems.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Unfortunately I'm stuck with "Big Red" til 12/11.
    Believe it or not it still might be cheaper on Sprint even paying ETF, especially after they pro-rate you. Depends on your plan.