Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by eps1lon3 View Post
    Calling this a superphone would be an understatement. Great work!

Just a question about the keyboard. What material are the keys made of?
    They are rounded, smoth touch hard plastic. Id be open to softer, grippy keys as well, or, perhaps they user could choose between the two, or has both types of keys included with the smartphone to chose from and pop in!

Thanks for the comment!!!!
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

2.    #122  
    Replaced video with higher quality.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Very nice!
  4.    #124  
    Redesigned submission presentation.

Renamed device.

Updated video and rendering.

All on first post.

Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I really like your update & appreciate the effort you have put in to this contest/project. Though a lot of the other mock ups are beautiful, I don't think they are realistic...for a few years.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I love your work..... personally, I know my mockup is probably not doable in the real world... but that's part of the fun...... your work is amazing! I wish I could do a life like video like that.....
  7.    #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    I really like your update & appreciate the effort you have put in to this contest/project. Though a lot of the other mock ups are beautiful, I don't think they are realistic...for a few years.
    Mike and Jbarajasp;

I believe we all should dream, and I LOVED all of the other submissions... I just wanted to keep mine realistic...

We have some extremely talented people here, and I believe all submissions took tons of extra work, and we all should be proud, as should PreCentral, for such enthusiastic response!!!

Thanks, so much for the kind words, and right back atcha!

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Nice work!

I'll take two please.
    question have you considered sending this to HP as a idea for a design since you have pretty much a protype of it? This really is a portrait design that they need, and to me you got it just right.
  10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    question have you considered sending this to HP as a idea for a design since you have pretty much a protype of it? This really is a portrait design that they need, and to me you got it just right.
    WellWellWell;

First, thanks.. thats a really nice thing to hear, and, its much appreciated.

If HP is interested, Im interested, for sure - but, somehow, I think they will have thier genius designers locked away with no food and water designing rings around anything I might think up.. just a hunch...

Never-the-less, Id be humbled if I did hear from them, without question!

Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    WellWellWell;

First, thanks.. thats a really nice thing to hear, and, its much appreciated.

If HP is interested, Im interested, for sure - but, somehow, I think they will have thier genius designers locked away with no food and water designing rings around anything I might think up.. just a hunch...

Never-the-less, Id be humbled if I did hear from them, without question!
    lol well maybe, but just think if you can calculate a design such as you have, with correct dimensions and what not, what makes you think if provided with all the tools that someone else could design a better phone. You have to look at it too that we have had this phone intimatly, and know the ins and outs of the phone. We know how much larger the screen would need to be to make it just right. What type of material in regards to other phones (like what you did to help u with this design regarding the htc hd2). The developers at HP and Palm are like any other company they make a basic design and if approved they run with it, but prob dont use it on a day to day basis like we do. So no I really believe you have something here, and all it takes is you knocking on the door and saying take a look at this, you never know HP could be like now thats what I invisioned, but couldnt put it to paper let alone to a model. Seriously what could the worst thing that can happen beside them saying no thanks. Look at the guy that got hired by HP recently, so they know about our community already and support us, they are listening. Give it a try.
    i like this form factor with this os > http://forums.precentral.net/future-...bos-phone.html
  13.    #133  
    Posted one more rendering, just to give a good straight on view of all faces

lmao.... VoiceStream??? lol nice that goes back YEARS!
  15.    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by iFreDDyz View Post
    lmao.... VoiceStream??? lol nice that goes back YEARS!
    iFreddie;

Over 6500 views and you were the first to notice that..

Ok, I have to fess up.. THAT is a texture map that is comprised of an actual picture of my own phone home screen, and Im on T-Mobile - been a T-Mobile customer ever since they were OmniPoint, in the early 90's (remember the parrot commercials???).

My OmniPoint original sim card was lost - the one Im using now is from the Voicestream era - and it would always show T-Mobile on other phones, but, when I first put it into my Pre+ this past May, it popped up as Voicestream...

I kinda like it..

16.    #136  
    Just posted an updated model with another "beauty" shot to show just how sexy this phone is.

For those who believe that this design is too thick, they are wrong.

.51" thick is very acceptible for a smartphone with a sliding keyboard. Designs that are thinner are likley not well thought out, or do not have as many smartphone capabilities.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567