Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 136
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyPlayr View Post
    Since you thought of every aspect, what are the hardware specs?
    LOL..

    Well, here's a shot at it:

    TI OMAP 4430 1ghz Arm A9 dual core processor, w/gpu (only because they are sched. for shipping 2nd half 2010, otherwise, I'd spec the 4440 at 1.8 ghz!)
    1g RAM
    8G internal memory
    MicroSD slot on top up to 32g
    2250 battery (due to the extra width of the body )

    How does that sound?
    Last edited by LCGuy; 10/03/2010 at 10:28 PM.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

  2. #22  
    Omg. Now I don't want the next palm phone to look anything besides this! So sexy
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    LOL..

    Well, here's a shot at it:

    TI OMAP 4430 1ghz Arm A9 dual core processor, w/gpu (only because they are sched. for shipping 2nd half 2010, otherwise, I'd spec the 4440 at 1.8 ghz!)
    1g RAM
    8G internal memory
    MicroSD slot on top up to 32g
    2250 battery (due to the extra width of the body )

    How does that sound?
    It was great until the internal memory set at 8G. Maybe you should steal Apple's play book and sell 15 models with different memory.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyPlayr View Post
    It was great until the internal memory set at 8G. Maybe you should steal Apple's play book and sell 15 models with different memory.
    Well, that's why the top has a spring loaded micro-SD card slot with 32g capacity...
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Well, that's why the top has a spring loaded micro-SD card slot with 32g is there...
    That's only enough space for 8 HD movies. When I take a 16+ hour flight I want a minimum of 10 HD movies to watch, lol.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyPlayr View Post
    That's only enough space for 8 HD movies. When I take a 16+ hour flight I want a minimum of 10 HD movies to watch, lol.
    The beauty of the micro-SD cards is that you can carry many of them in your wallet, and pop them in and out as you need.

    Additionally, you can load/unlaod them with movies and music on your PC, which is faster than on any smartphone, then they are ready to be used in the phone.

    And, finally, it lowers the cost of the phone, as each user can buy the micro-SD card sizes they want of thier own choosing and needs.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

  7. Vij
    Vij is offline
    Vij's Avatar
    Posts
    271 Posts
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    #27  
    One word: WOW

    Great job with the modeling.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    The beauty of the micro-SD cards is that you can carry many of them in your wallet, and pop them in and out as you need.

    Additionally, you can load/unlaod them with movies and music on your PC, which is faster than on any smartphone, then they are ready to be used in the phone.

    And, finally, it lowers the cost of the phone, as each user can buy the micro-SD card sizes they want of thier own choosing and needs.
    This is why people shouldn't drink on Sunday nights. I apologize, I should have realized that. Are SD cards truly a faster transfer?
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyPlayr View Post
    This is why people shouldn't drink on Sunday nights. I apologize, I should have realized that. Are SD cards truly a faster transfer?
    LOL!

    Transferring to the micro-SD cards from your PC will always be easier (and usually faster) than trying to transfer files from your PC to your smartphone via USB.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

  10. #30  
    NICE work LCGuy!!! I can only hope HP takes notice of this! Simple, yet effective design. PERFECT! Im sold.
  11. #31  
    Sharp. We won't be needing any bumpers for this phone right?

    I would like to see a little curve to the keyboard, but I guess the square looks fits this phone.

    I'm impressed.
  12. #32  
    Well Ive got to say this so pleas dont hate!


    I dont believe Palm is going to get away from the riverstone concept anytime soon! Im not a big fan of the same old same old Slab devices.

    With that said....... Although it does not appeal to me personally, I vote you win just for the simple fact that your commitment to perfection w/ this design is inspiring.

    Job well Done!


    This is my vote (screen size needs to be a little smaller)

    http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...slow/C40v3.jpg

    Originally posted by DavidVogt
    Last edited by 2sslow; 10/03/2010 at 11:25 PM.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  13. zach0124's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #33  
    "Top display slab: 2.35" wide x 4.39" long x .225" thick
    Bottom keyboard/battery/cpu slab: 2.35" wide x 4.39" long x .285" thick
    Full unit closed: 2.35" wide x 4.39" long x .510" thick
    Full unit open: 2.35" wide x 4.78" long x .510" thick"

    looks pretty great.
    i assume it's 5.78" long when open. a .39" tall keyboard seems pretty small.
    ftw so far i feel
    Last edited by zach0124; 10/04/2010 at 12:34 AM.
  14. #34  
    I like it, looks really well thought out! Only two things I would change would be the screen size 4.0 or 4.3 and no physical keyboard just virtual. Looks ready to start production!
  15. #35  
    just virtual? Nooo
  16. #36  
    looks solid and powerful! but i dont see a front facing camera? tehehe but awesome mock up xD
    Cingular 3125 --> Samsung Instink! --> Palm Pre --> ???
  17. Analog's Avatar
    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    #37  
    I would ditch the gesture area volume control, as it seems like an inelegant way to fix something that isn't broken. Otherwise, lovely.
  18. #38  
    wow dude super impressive! Nice job!
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmac06 View Post
    looks solid and powerful! but i dont see a front facing camera? tehehe but awesome mock up xD
    It has both a front and rear facing camera - see the specs on the first post.

    Thanks for looking!
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

  20. omi205's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #40  
    I was in the process of getting my mockup ready to post...but after seeing this I would just be embaresing myself. I mean I have no idea how to use any 3D programs or serious photo editing software. All I am using is paint lol, eh kind of sad I know. But this looks really good. The only thing I am not in favor for is the slab look. Everyone is doing that and I really think the pedal/river stone look is more fitting for Palm. This is still very very impressive. I like. And the specs look amazing.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions