1.    #1  
    Hi:

Just want to find out if anyone else has seen this problem, or sees it now after I point it out:

Dead Center in the middle of the Treo 270 screen (about an eighth of an inch up and to the right) there is an area where the color is not as saturated (in the shape of a circle).

On my first Treo, the problem was about a quarter-inch in diameter and diffused. On my replacement Treo, the same problem but this time the shape was smaller (diameter of a pencil eraser) and had a more defined outline.

I figured out that there is some component directly behind the screen that is pressing slightly towards you on the screen. You can emulate this by simply pressing on the back of the unit slightly (you'll see shapes where your fingertips are). The problem is more apparent on darker screens (games, pictures, etc.)

I'm awaiting on my third replacement from Handspring as they couldn't troubleshoot it. Has anyone else noticed this (or do they now)? If it's a normal problem that other's have, then I won't press the issue with Handspring (I love the Treo, but at $500 - I'd like the screen to be error-free), but it's just odd that my replacement had the same exact problem.

Let me know, thanks.
    I've noticed that the screen distorts in the exact same spot that you described on my Treo 300. It's usually visible when I press on the back of the phone with my index finger while thumb typing, or sometimes when I'm closing the lid I will see it distort. I agree that there must be something internally pressing up against the back of the screen. I think I'm going to contact Handspring to see if I can get a replacement. For a $500 phone it shouldn't have these kind of problems.

~Lemieux66
    Nope, don't have anything like that on the Treo 90..must be some phone component...some of those chips are pretty big...
    Alex.
    Goodbye my lovely Treo
    HELLO TG50
    Hi, I have a new -week-old- 270 and fortunately don't have these markings. You should be satisfied with whatever you buy or send it back -we have 30 days!
    BTW, I don't have a $500 phone; I have a $500 Communicator that may replace my imperfect $899 PDA, $399 PCMCIA modem, and $150 phone.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.