Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Beautiful!
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    i think the pre proved it was difficult (oreo effect) . 4 inches could make matters worse.
    have you handeled the BB torch? It's a really solid portrait slider... It can be done
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Awesome design! Though the hardware specs would price it a little too high I would imagine. The e-ink keyboard is not only a really awesome idea, but it's definitely plausible. I always thought it was great on the Alias2.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    This would be a sweet device.
    **Save $348 by Switching to Allstate 877-751-1167 You’re in Good Hands®**
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    Awesome design! Though the hardware specs would price it a little too high I would imagine. The e-ink keyboard is not only a really awesome idea, but it's definitely plausible. I always thought it was great on the Alias2.
    What is this e-ink idea?
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonPre View Post
    What is this e-ink idea?

E-ink is the technology used in e-book readers like the Kindle. It's a very thin energy efficient display that has been used in many applications including buttons on Samsung's Alias 2 phone. The technology allows you to have the ability to "display" different characters on the keypad depending on what the application is. So essentially in this situation the keypad would be one that would be open to developers changing the layout of the keyboard to meet the needs of their application.

You can see this in action here...
    Cellphone History- Audiovox CDM9155> Sanyo 5150>Samsung SCH-1000>Samsung N400> PalmTreo 300> Palm Treo 600>Palm Treo 700P> Palm Centro> Palm Pre
    If only dreams could come true. That would be super awesome.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    LifeDrive?
    To some extent yes some of the most loved features and benefits would come along.
    Cellphone History- Audiovox CDM9155> Sanyo 5150>Samsung SCH-1000>Samsung N400> PalmTreo 300> Palm Treo 600>Palm Treo 700P> Palm Centro> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Optical zoom, 80GB drive, 6 LEDs...that must be 2" thick!

see what a 3x optical zoom looks like on the upcoming Altec Leo.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    Optical zoom, 80GB drive, 6 LEDs...that must be 2" thick!

see what a 3x optical zoom looks like on the upcoming Altec Leo.
    Not necessarily. if Kodak can get 5x Optical Zoom into a camera at W × H × D: 3.8 × 2.3 × 0.6 in. then it's very possible to get it into a phone.
    Last edited by remix2000; 10/05/2010 at 02:06 AM.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Uh, yeah, gross alert if you follow that link - 'ol buddy has a nasty blister on his right thumb as he unboxes and shows the phone!
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    This one gets my vote!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by remix2000 View Post
    Not necessarily. if Kodak can get 5x Optical Zoom into a camera at W × H × D: 3.8 × 2.3 × 0.6 in. then it's very possible to get it into a phone.
    Cool. Just gotta cram in 3-4 radios, 80GB solid state drive, chipset, logic board, keyboard, screen, LEDs, battery, vibrator, SD slot, USB, and antennas!

Sounds awesome to me, you should call it the Tardis!
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    ABSOLUTELY the best mockup out there...

Very nice...
    I'm praying to all Sprint and HP/Palm gods that they DON'T make the next webOS phone a 4G phone. Why can't Sprint & Verizon upgrade their networks like T-Mobile and AT&T are w/ HSPA+? Is it possible on CDMA? I just can't help but notice the irony that T-mo HSPA+ phones just require the hardware (like Sprint phones require WiMAX), yet T-mobile customers don't get higher monthly bills and that HSPA+ is faster than WiMAX.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    May just be me, but seems a little too iPhoney to me... : /

It's like the offspring of an iPhone4 raping a Pre.
    aw man, why does it have to be the pre getting raped?
    I like it!
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    aw man, why does it have to be the pre getting raped?
    Steve Job's rapes customers. The iPhone rapes other phones.

The Pre is not a ******. It's just an honest, innocent, hard-working phone, struggling to get by in life. : /.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12