Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey everyone, I am going to post my mock up submission for the phone competition here. I hope this is okay, but I really wanted to get everyone's feedback and see what people thought. If anyone else wants to post their submission ideas that would be cool too.

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l...Submission.jpg
    i like it !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    looks perfect, just send it in to foxconn and we have a winner!
    As I've posted in other places, 4" screen is the sweet spot...and landscape keyboard is awesome. Are you adding a portrait virtual keyboard?

Would you ever consider moving the USB and headphone jack to the bottom and getting rid of the "door" that falls off anyway?
    I like everything except the landscape keyboard. but to each its own. It's still a really good mockup though.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlangley21 View Post
    As I've posted in other places, 4" screen is the sweet spot...and landscape keyboard is awesome. Are you adding a portrait virtual keyboard?

Would you ever consider moving the USB and headphone jack to the bottom and getting rid of the "door" that falls off anyway?
    Yes, I was assuming there would be a virtual keyboard, but I guess I could add that as a screen shot maybe? To me virtual keyboard in portrait, and slide out keyboard in landscape make most sense. I think the jacks could be moved wherever, however I based the placement off of the current pre, and to me most people won't be using the jacks that often with the touchstones, etc. But those are great critiques I did no think about.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post
    I like everything except the landscape keyboard. but to each its own. It's still a really good mockup though.

I would imagine a slab version of this could be made as well. This is my dream phone though.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Looks great except it still needs a microSD card slot (IMO).
    Quote Originally Posted by richbarr View Post
    Looks great except it still needs a microSD card slot (IMO).
    Yeah, I said that on the other post Clem put the mock-up on. Nix the dedicated camera button or put it on the volume button side and stick the SD card slot there and IMO it would be perfect.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroven Taulrok View Post
    Yeah, I said that on the other post Clem put the mock-up on. Nix the dedicated camera button or put it on the volume button side and stick the SD card slot there and IMO it would be perfect.
    Absent minded omission on my part. Thanks guys!
    this is perfect I think.
    Nice mock-up. I like everything but the landscape keyboard. Make it portrait and you have a winner!
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    nice, think It might feel funny with a landscape slider but that's just me lol, but it's a nice mockup
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I'm w/some of the others--I prefer the portrait physical keyboard a virtual keyboard for either landscape/portrait (for those that want that a VKB).

Great work!
    Sweet!
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroven Taulrok View Post
    The reason I like the idea of a dedicated camera button, is I want to be able to quickly open the camera app for quick pictures. I imagine even pointing and pressing the camera button and it immediately snaps a picture while opening the app.

Nobody has said anything about the name, does everyone think its too hokey?
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonPre View Post
    The reason I like the idea of a dedicated camera button, is I want to be able to quickly open the camera app for quick pictures. I imagine even pointing and pressing the camera button and it immediately snaps a picture while opening the app.

Nobody has said anything about the name, does everyone think its too hokey?
    Oh no, Camera button is fine, I'm not against it either, but for the sake of real estate on the phone if I had to choose between a dedicated camera button and an SD card slot, I'd pick the latter.

As far as the name goes, it ain't bad, I probably couldn't think of much better. But it's better than Pixi
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    how about an HDMI Port?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    i like it, id rather have a 4.3 inch with an onscreen keyboard
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Great concept!

Maybe I am being dense, but is there an LED light there? I really like mine on my original Pre. In my pocket it lights up when I have mail, etc, so that I can see it but not interrupt me when I am with people.

Also, I'm voting for 4" screen and the landscape keyboard. The only thing I would add to it would be a 4th row for #'s (the one thing I like about my wife's Android) and the orange key, @ key, . key, etc.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast