Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Portrait keyboard! I like the SD card slot but doesn't that go against cloud computing?
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by BBooDoc View Post
    Great concept!

Maybe I am being dense, but is there an LED light there? I really like mine on my original Pre. In my pocket it lights up when I have mail, etc, so that I can see it but not interrupt me when I am with people.

Also, I'm voting for 4" screen and the landscape keyboard. The only thing I would add to it would be a 4th row for #'s (the one thing I like about my wife's Android) and the orange key, @ key, . key, etc.
    I never thought of the numbers. All of those other keys are there with placeholders, I just didn't show all of the symbols. I put all of the same keys as the existing pre, just bigger.

And yes the LED is there, its the little white strip at the bottom. I really love that feature on my pre.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCook View Post
    Portrait keyboard! I like the SD card slot but doesn't that go against cloud computing?
    Great thought!
    I would much prefer a portrait keyboard. I hate typing on landscape keyboards. I also +1 the idea of a microSD card slot. But I also like the idea of having a dedicated camera button. Maybe the A
    microSD card can be under the back cover. But still accessible(sp?) without having to take the battery out.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Nice
    Quote Originally Posted by spongamabob View Post
    I would much prefer a portrait keyboard. I hate typing on landscape keyboards. I also +1 the idea of a microSD card slot. But I also like the idea of having a dedicated camera button. Maybe the A
    microSD card can be under the back cover. But still accessible(sp?) without having to take the battery out.
    Oh. I forgot to mention that I would keep the keyboard as is. I don't need an extra row dedicated to just numbers.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Keep the dedicated camera button - the most important thing for a mobile phone camera is getting good quick shots of moments, and it really helps.

10 minutes with an Epic made me love a keyboard row for numbers.

That's a hell of a lot of Megapixels on front and back. Overkill.

Looks like a great device for people who like landscape sliders!
    Nice mockup! i like it all, except the keyboard. Either change the layout or make it a potrait keyboard and it is perfect!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Not an extra row of numbers, but if you put the two halves of the qwerty closer together, you'd have room for a D-pad on the left, and a 10 key number pad on the right.

Also, I wish my Pre had the headphone jack on the bottom. I've got Sony 7506's with the big heavy curly cord, and it's always stressing the plug sticking out the of the top. Better if it could just hang out the bottom.

Nice mockup.
    I saw the RT of you that Raul did and checked this out on photobucket... I'm w the landscape keyboard crowd, but otherwise, I think it looks great!
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonPre View Post
    I would imagine a slab version of this could be made as well. This is my dream phone though.
    I like it... Had an idea maybe on the left side of keyboard you could put a small circular touch pad like for gaming or scrolling and the with buttons on right would make it great for playing some of those classic games... ( but that's jus me.... Great job ....
    how about a display that rotates 90 degrees so a portrait slider works with a landscape screen?

there used to be a dumbphone like that and I thougt it was smart.
    How about a small gesture area on landscape as well? I always find it irritating that I can't back swipe when I turn the phone sideways.
    gesture are under the spacebar?
    Sure, perhaps under the space bar. I hadn't thought about that, but I think perhaps making the bezel of the screen a little larger on one side would work better. This way there would be a gesture area even if the keyboard is not open. Is it possible to make the curved on the side be an active gesture area? That would eliminate the need to widen the bezel on the side, but I don't know if it is possible to put a touch sensitive area on a curved surface.
  17.    #37  
    I thought about this and wanted to do it but thought it would add too much o the size. I figures there could be an optio to use the existing gesture area while in landscape but I also put those action buttons there for that use as well.
    You did a good job making a mock up but I hope to god that isn't like the next phone. That is sooooooooo fat looking and the kayboard looks like it's still going to suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonPre View Post
    Hey everyone, I am going to post my mock up submission for the phone competition here. I hope this is okay, but I really wanted to get everyone's feedback and see what people thought. If anyone else wants to post their submission ideas that would be cool too.

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l...Submission.jpg
    Clemson grad? 2004 and 2009 here...MS and PhD.
    Looks good. A hardware switch to silence the phone is one of my favorite features on my treo pro.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast