Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Was told by a Sprint Rep. that starting Nov. 1st Sprint will no longer handle manufacture warranties on any phones after the initial 30 days of ownership. Rep told me that manufactures have been failing to reimburse Sprint for repairs and exchanges.
    I guess Sprint trying hard to win the (Most Hated Company) awards, and the way they've been behaving ~ surely make them the most likely choice.
    i don't blame them.. they pay $500 to replace your (enter phone here) like 3 or 4 times!! and then don't get compensated by said company! I don't know about you but this kinda sucks... i would punish the company... but thats just me. sprint is a billion dollar company they should have a little push/pull on this issue. Like.. give me the money for your phones or we will not stock it.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    This is not entirely true. The way it was explained to me is that we will still be honoring the Manufacturer's Warranty, however, you'll have to pay $35 for this service if you don't pay for TEP. The other option is to go directly to the manufacturer and see if they'll do it for free.

Remember, Sprint is a business not a charity.
    Sprint Technical Consultant
    BSE Electrical Engineering
    --
    Palm Pre - WebOS 1.4.5 - UberKernal 500/1000 Screenstate
    RIM Blackberry Bold 9650 - OS 5.0.0.975/6.0.0.280
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by postalUT View Post
    you'll have to pay $35 for this service if you don't pay for TEP.
    Had not heard about this part. For me TEP doesn't make any financial sense at all but thats another topic on another thread! Palm has always been good at honoring warranties over the years and so no big deal for me. But this issue is for other manufactures as well so who knows.
    tep always makes sense to me,i can find 7 dollars a month in my couch cushion.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    How many times do you eat fast food in a month? If you were to give up just one of those meals and cook at home, not only will you be eating healthier but you will have saved enough to pay for TEP
    Sprint Technical Consultant
    BSE Electrical Engineering
    --
    Palm Pre - WebOS 1.4.5 - UberKernal 500/1000 Screenstate
    RIM Blackberry Bold 9650 - OS 5.0.0.975/6.0.0.280
    So I drop my smart phone [insert precarious place here] and it's smashed to bits...

$100..
    $499...
    $100...
    $499...

Hmm...decisions, decisions.

*facepalm*
    The $7 REP doesn't sound much until you realize there is also a $100 deductible for lost or water damage etc as well! Yikes!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    The $7 REP doesn't sound much until you realize there is also a $100 deductible for lost or water damage etc as well! Yikes!!!
    By the time you pay $7 per month for the insurance and $100 deductible, you are better off buying a used on on eBay.
    7x18(approx legnth till next upgrade)= 126
    + 100(smartphone)
    _______
    -50(dumbphone)
    ____
    If your phone cosets less than this outright New too replace it's not worth it

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    7x18(approx legnth till next upgrade)= 126
    + 100(smartphone)
    _______
    -50(dumbphone)
    ____
    If your phone cosets less than this outright New too replace it's not worth it

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    Thats the way I look at it. My Pre costs $50. I can upgrade in a year. $7/month and $100 deductible is not a good deal at all. At worst it breaks in the first few months and I'm out $200 for ending my contract early. TEP for me is a bad deal.

BTW, Your 'Millionaire' photo is a hoax but I'm sure you knew that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Huff View Post

BTW, Your 'Millionaire' photo is a hoax but I'm sure you knew that!
    I have never paid a deductible to sprint, they just give me a new one. Maybe it depends on the store.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I have never paid a deductible to sprint, they just give me a new one. Maybe it depends on the store.
    You had to have been doing a warranty exchange. Lost/damaged is insurance.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huff View Post
    Had not heard about this part. For me TEP doesn't make any financial sense at all but that's another topic on another thread! Palm has always been good at honoring warranties over the years and so no big deal for me. But this issue is for other manufactures as well so who knows.
    7*12=84 Over a year not bad.
    4 Palm Pres over that time not a bad deal at all. Thats less than half a Pre. No need to deal with packaging or buying cases. Just take to the local store and they call me when the new one is in. Unless its physical/water damage most of the time its a free replacement. I don't think any of my Pres went to through the Palm process because they always asked if I had TEP.
    Sprint replaced my palm like 4 times now. The last one being about a week ago. Maybe Palm started paying them.
    Even if this does turn out to be true, just take it to Radio Shack.
    Quote Originally Posted by postalUT View Post
    This is not entirely true. The way it was explained to me is that we will still be honoring the Manufacturer's Warranty, however, you'll have to pay $35 for this service if you don't pay for TEP. The other option is to go directly to the manufacturer and see if they'll do it for free.

Remember, Sprint is a business not a charity.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Does TEP extend the manufacturer's warranty? If not, it seems like it isn't a good deal. I bought a nearly new, used Pre for $120. That is the deductible plus 3 months of TEP.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast