1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 180 and have the Wireless services always on.

Every so often I will notice my little 'service available' light turn the ugly orange and I have no service - even though I'm places I've had no problem with service in for weeks - i.e. at my store, at home, etc.
    I must them (it seems) manually get it to do a network search in order to get the service back.

It's an issue since its a\my form of conact for emergencies and such and I want to be sure that the unit isn't messed up or unable to do what I need .

so my questions are these :
    1) even though the LED is orange - does it still have a signal, it's just so low it can't see it and is hoping for better ?

2) If that does mean it has no service will it automatically reacquire when I get to a better area ?

3) Is there a way to get it to automatically to a search if the wireless if off ?

Sorry if I missed this somewhere in the manual - I have yet to plow through the CD documents.

Thanks in advance.
    Every once in a while that happens to me too. I just ignore it and it always comes back. It didn't come back before I installed the updater (I'm a very early adopter). I wouldn't let it bug you.