Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    Because he has no experience with smartphone/mobile products he's not good for WebOS? Do you think the current CEO of GE knows a thing about jet engines and locomotives?
    Like you, I can't predict the future better than anyone else, but unlike you, I believe your gut is wrong.
    You crack me up man. WebOs will live strong at HP, which is what I have said from the beginning. I imagine it will be a great OS, but I fear for the mobile group.

Palm will be fine and WebOs will be fine, but I fear for the Smartphone side. As soon as the announce something big on the smartphone side, my worries will be gone, but for now, it doesn't look good.

Anyway, people are taking this as a personal insult. These are valid concerns and in no way am I calling you fat......
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    I don't remember who the contract ODM firm what made the Pre was, but they were bought out by a bigger company a few months ago. I don't think they had the same resources then as they do now. If I'm totally wrong, it would not be the first time.
    The ODM was Foxconn, through their subsidiary CMCS.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    <passes out the pitchforks and torches to the crowd and points at pogeypre>
    lmao.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Everyone is losing focus here.

The HP plan, with and without Hurd in charge, was to use WebOS as thier dedicated OS to connect everything mobile - make a "totally connected experience" for consumers and enterprises. Tom Bradley said this in his recent TechCrunch interview, and showed it in his slide presentation. He is the ex=Palm CEO who now heads up the Personal Computing division at HP. One would think that his words echo not just his personal vision, but that of the whole company's vision, as set for him, by his superiors, which includes the past CEO's, the interim CEO (Ms. Laszik) and the HP Board of Directors.

The Board of Directors picked the new CEO, announced yesterday.

Do you REALLY think that they'd pick someone who didn't agree with thier visions for the company, particularly given all of the acquisitions they have made over the past 6 months, totalling more than $7billion?

Totally agree, HP have now a great portfolio of tech solutions including Palm in the mobility sector.

The image attached herewith shows what are those companies you mentioned.
    <<Deleted by Mod>>
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/18/2010 at 10:33 AM.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    You crack me up man. WebOs will live strong at HP, which is what I have said from the beginning. I imagine it will be a great OS, but I fear for the mobile group.

Palm will be fine and WebOs will be fine, but I fear for the Smartphone side. As soon as the announce something big on the smartphone side, my worries will be gone, but for now, it doesn't look good.

Anyway, people are taking this as a personal insult. These are valid concerns and in no way am I calling you fat......
    I'm not taking it as a personal insult Pogey (I do have a large gut BTW ), I just don't see the connection between this new CEO and the demise of WebOS as a smartphone platform. It's too early to tell what's going to happen with either of them.

I do understand that you're concerned, I just don't think it's valid. Yet.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    funny how people have strokes upon events that happen now Palm is within HP smh. First off yes Palm is an entity within HP, and has projects to do, and complete (ran by Rub). Why would Hp hire a CEO to change everything they have aquired? Why would HP purchase Palm for mobile connected devices, including of course smartphones and toss it in the garbage? Hp knows that smartphones have become the future, which is also part of the reason why HP decided to own their own OS, and produce smartphones (among other things) using such. The reason why they STATED they will not support windows phone 7 or Android SMARTPHONES because they have WEBOS. They have roadmaps, they have business structures in each section in place, and hiring whoever to run HP was not to change all that. Why would anyone assume that at all. HP, like any other smart successful business regardless if they have the money to burn or not, would not purchase companys because their bored. They have reasons behind it, and have explained the reasons behind purchasing Palm. They have stated they will be using Webos among other things in smartphones. So unless HP as a company decides otherwise (regardless of the new CEO) the roadmap written and worked on ran by Rubenstein to change, or drop smartphones out of the equation it wont be. Understand huge corporations have changes alot, this is not Palm any longer a small company that only works on phones, its a corporation one of the largest and most succesfull.
    Is Apotheker german for Apocalypse?
    it's german for pharmacist
    "Palm" is also apparently American for "whatever, they'll fail anyway".
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123