Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    On precentral front page was posted that the TUV certificate for the new 2 Pres??? is not there available anymore. The certificate was issued in August 3, 2010 link: http://www.precentral.net/new-myster...3%BCv#comments

I thought at the begginning that HP/Palm will continue doing the old way and I posted on my blog this precentral news.

In August 20, 2010 I sent first to phil mckinney the information I am going to post below. He advise me to sent this info to the HP CEO and make it public not confidential.

Now that I am sure that in someway they stopped making the old way things and they read and took these ideas and suggestions I made. I think I brought all or part of the feelings of our dear Palm community .

It is a 3 pages information. (I will sent it to Dieter via e mail for a better view)

INFOMATION SENT TO HP CEO AND HP CTO PHILMCKINNEY (suggesting to share it with Jon Rubistein)

Ecuador, South America,August 20,2010

Hi HP:
    I have been a huge fan for Palm products since I had a PDA Zire 21 and have a Treo 680 GSM unlocked and still working with it. As you can see I followed all new Palm smart phones products helping people on everythingpre.com before everythingtreo forums and some posting on precentral.net. On you tube you can find about 300 hundred videos uploaded, most of them about Palm, and now on my blog
    <<deleted by mod>>

In some way I have Palm blood in my veins, so everything I will write here I feel it like I were them.

To the point:
    Observing how all this smart phone tough competition is getting everyday more close to stay alive with 2 brands in the market: Apple iphone and Androids (HTC, Motorola, Samsung, LG). and in a third place RIM BB. I think the most important way to get over them is not only to match them but to go beyond them., so my thoughts here please take them as good intentions suggestions:

SUGGESTIONS:
    Make one model without physical keyboard, go the virtual way. Include a bigger screen display.

Second model with both physical and virtual keyboard. Keep the Pixi form factor but upgrading features.

Why these two models?
    Palm policy was always to have physical keyboards on smart phones. But the market is getting used to have the virtual way and these soft wares are responding to users demand.

Marketing Ideas:
    1.- The Android competition launch always with an average of 2 models via HTC and Motorola. However Samsung and LG come a little later than them. Total 4 models in less than 2 months.

2.- Be sure to include a HP12c calculator app software.

3.-Be sure to get the smart phones ready for interact and sync with the next webos tablet and viceversa.

Launch 3 almost similar smart phones models with different names on the 3 biggest US carriers: Verizon, Sprint, AT&T. Maybe a space time launch of 15 days between them, would be political.

Every carrier will have an apparently exclusivity.
    Use the same strategy for Europe and China and other markets
    Names for smart phones like: Road runner, Super Pre, SG= Fast Forward sort of.

Innovation Ideas:
    Interactive projector with pointer:
    Infocus IN3900 Interactive Projector education demo:
    <<deleted by mod>>
    Competition.
    Looks like someone in some way was thinking ahead too:
    World’s First Smart Projector Phone Samsung Galaxy Beam

<deleted by mod>
    For enterprise presentations
    (Charging dock accessory)
    Develop your own Power Point like software app touchable and editable.

Hologram option
    Holograma - www.dalealplay.com
    Holograma para IPHONE Video - sevenload
    Hologram CNN

I see you already talked about it.
    HP projection technology could take a page from Star Wars | Reuters
    For SMS text message

Interactive voice command/back voice respond and….. For GPS locations and Universal search
    Via cable Palm treo way
    Wi FI
    Bluetooth For Easy full data sync

Dual Core CPU (OMAP4) and dual mode GSM/CDMA

HTC Glacier just might be the first dual-core Android smartphone
    HTC's dual-mode CDMA / GSM Android slider with 1.2GHz CPU headed to Verizon in 2011?
    <<deleted by Mod>>
    For a 1.5 to 2 ghz each core UPDATE: arm A15 (8 core)

For simultaneous carriers launching

Touchless display option (OMAP4 Vision)

For a touchless display

6 endangered tech species
    <<Deleted by Mod>>
    For a 10 megapixels digital camera

Join forces: Make developers teams with gameloft, funcome and others if you need to do so: Launch the way HP (Rahul Sood) gaming vision once for all
    For gaming between s/phones and tablets and both.

Get even more closer to salesforce.com

For enterprise

Imminent push to office mobile apps developers: Docs to Go or Quickoffice For enterprise

Front webcam 2.0, Bluetooth 3.0 A#DP,USB 3.0 options For updating features

Allow 10 hotspots connectivity For MI_FI

Dual Wimax/LTE 4G (for the US,other continents LTE 4G) For better speed and streaming performance

2000 mah battery ( redesign inside s/phone parts space) What is new ? For a better battery life

Note: For a full data easy sync ,Palm Treo way via cable. I have read a lot of posts everywhere about Palm before Treo users missing that sync way, despite there are a few third party soft wares out there.Same for a 3 not 2 way conference call.

I hope in some way these ideas will help a little to the next gen HP/Palm smart phones to get in the lead as they were before.

Best regards.
    Francisco De Jesús

“The tomorrow’s future is the today yesterday”
    “I had a dream . The Future” (25 years ago)
    “I found myself in the silence, God is there”( Ilumination.)
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/18/2010 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Continue to post your blog link and you will be treated as a Spammer
    so what exactly are u saying? the reason the certificates were pulled because you sent HP an email and they decided to listen to you and go back to the drawing board?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post
    so what exactly are u saying? the reason the certificates were pulled because you sent HP an email and they decided to listen to you and go back to the drawing board?
    No, I am saying is that they maybe took some of the ideas and suggestions and stop continuing launching smartphones with the same strategy

One carrier and waiting 6 months for another carrier, when the competition are now launching 3 models at the same time just with different names but with similar features.

<<deleted by Mod>>

The other suggestion was not to match only the competition but to go beyond them with something they don´t have already, something revolutionary. Sort of.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/18/2010 at 10:32 AM.
    As much as it would be nice to take credit with something like that, don't you think it might be a tad unrealistic to think that you singlehandedly convinced one of the largest tech companies in the entire world to rethink their strategy? I am not saying that your words weren't taken into consideration. Maybe they had the link pulled because you pointed it out and they didn't want to get the word out yet? That would seem far more plausible.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    An odd funny feeling in my gizzard tells me the two things are entirely unrelated.

No offense.
    I'm guessing the certs were pulled because they weren't supposed to be published in the first place. And with that, feel free to call me Mr. Obvious.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I'm amazed that any 'joe public' has the ego to even think that they could have this influence, let alone publish it.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    As much as it would be nice to take credit with something like that, don't you think it might be a tad unrealistic to think that you singlehandedly convinced one of the largest tech companies in the entire world to rethink their strategy? I am not saying that your words weren't taken into consideration. Maybe they had the link pulled because you pointed it out and they didn't want to get the word out yet? That would seem far more plausible.
    ok if we cut off the vanished certificate apparently reason and leave the above posted information like ideas and suggestions Do you think it will help HP/Palm strategy?

By the other way noboby is infalible for not to take an advice.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I'm amazed that any 'joe public' has the ego to even think that they could have this influence, let alone publish it.
    no ego at all, if you feel that help others in many ways will bring out changes,then you will see if the ideas and suggestions were helpful or not.
  11.    #11  
    Reason why I posted the above information . The D Message from phmckinney
    advising to make it public and not confidential. For obvious reasons I don´t show the e mail addres.

Image herewith attached
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There's the logical argument to the OP, and then there's mine.

If you made HP pull those models and go back to the drawing board, me and all the Precentral posters are going to beat the living crap out of you!
    "...human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!"

-Ghostbusters
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I still prefer the slider, but w/both virtual & real keyboard.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    to the OP and to all you misbelievers.... I like this guy (op). Wacky but cool.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by oobernuber View Post
    There's the logical argument to the OP, and then there's mine.

If you made HP pull those models and go back to the drawing board, me and all the Precentral posters are going to beat the living crap out of you!
    agree you can shout out me loud anything if that happens. But IMHO sometimes is better to make a pause and rethink if those 2 devices were enough to go beyond the competition and not suffer anyone like with the Pre Betas .

The hardwares have to go even beyond that Mozila Sea Bird concept and
    webos 2.0 have to kill and pass over that device software.
    op,,seek help,,please.
    Apple made the Jesus Phone so I guess this would be

the 'De Jesus' phone?

sorry, could not resist
    I'm sure they have 6 figure salaried strategists who have a research team that gives them the exact same information and advice on what to do.

But what I can make out from above is that there are great ideas that can be implemented, but perhaps Ruby has a mind and ideas of his own on what the next smartphone should be and probably thats why Phil asked you to send the email to him to show him some facts...maybe Ruby is disconnected from knowing what the customer really wants.

One thing is for sure..having HP overseeing Palm will lead to creation of more global products, with more mass appeal, running an awesome OS like WebOS. That is what excites me!
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by abhinandanjain View Post
    I'm sure they have 6 figure salaried strategists who have a research team that gives them the exact same information and advice on what to do.

But what I can make out from above is that there are great ideas that can be implemented, but perhaps Ruby has a mind and ideas of his own on what the next smartphone should be and probably thats why Phil asked you to send the email to him to show him some facts...maybe Ruby is disconnected from knowing what the customer really wants.

One thing is for sure..having HP overseeing Palm will lead to creation of more global products, with more mass appeal, running an awesome OS like WebOS. That is what excites me!
    yes, Palm Inc had a different vision before and now has to integrate with what is HP vision, and both have to reboot theirs and get a new one, according to this and future times. What is upcoming? LTE networks for streaming live and interconnect all kind of devices smartphones, tablets, printers, public fences, where ever you are , in a train, in an airplane, in a hospital , in your car etc

Both passed hard times in the smartphone sector before, time to change with a futuristic perspective.

I hope you remember this video I posted before:

and just for reference a post that might help them too: http://www.businessweek.com/managing...921_399029.htm
    Last edited by akitayo; 10/01/2010 at 02:16 AM.
    That's nothing, Windows 7 was my idea.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast