Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Here's the story.

I work in Downtown Los Angeles. I was out having lunch with a co-worker and noticed two tables in front of me a man slipped out a Palm Pre from a pouch. I only noticed it because I so rarely spot other Palm Pre users. I also noticed he had a larger pouch with a device inside it on the table, similar pouch you get with the Palm Pre.

I kept glancing at it while eating when he finally took a device out of it. From where I was sitting, it looked like a larger Palm Pre. I know it was larger for sure because he had a Palm Pre right next to it. It basically looked like the Palm Pre was stretched vertically. It had a slide out keyboard as well. He quickly put it back in the pouch and left shortly after. I didn't get a chance to talk to him, so I can't confirm anything. It's just what I saw.
    Palm Pre Plus on Verizon || I blog at butr.net
    Dude, you should have snapped a quick pic of it. Oh well. Hope you saw what you think you saw. Based on this and random comments on twitter from people close to Palm, I am getting a feeling an announcement from HPalm is imminent.
    A bigger Pre is all we need
    This is exciting, I hope it pans out for something worthwhile.
    Sounds like you were jealous of his "larger pouch".
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by callmechewy View Post
    Or what was in it...
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I hope it wasn't a Torch.
    Come on, where's your Pre spirit. You should have chased after this guy and offered him money to "forget" this device on the table.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preryan View Post
    I hope it wasn't a Torch.
    Nope. Definitely a Palm Pre look-alike. I can't think of any other phone out now that looks anything like the Palm Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by callmechewy View Post

Pre-nus Envy
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I was in a drive through getting lunch sometime last week and I had my Pre with the slider open sitting on my touchstone. The girl who was helping me leaned out the window and asked me if that was the new Blackberry phone. I guy at my office has a Torch and they have a similar look.

But I sure hope you are right!
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preryan View Post
    I was in a drive through getting lunch sometime last week and I had my Pre with the slider open sitting on my touchstone. The girl who was helping me leaned out the window and asked me if that was the new Blackberry phone. I guy at my office has a Torch and they have a similar look.

But I sure hope you are right!
    I haven't seen the Torch in person yet. How big is it compared to the Pre?
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    I hope HP keeps in mind that when it comes to a PHONE size does matter. In that I mean I hope that HPalm continues to buck the trend of trying to stuff a laptop into our pockets. A smartphone shouldn't make you walk with a limp. The Pre, IMHO, is perfectly sized. A little larger wouldn't be a problem, but please don't turn the sleek Pre into a Pavillion!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xImtc View Post
    I haven't seen the Torch in person yet. How big is it compared to the Pre?
    The Torch is larger than the Pre, but looks nothing like it. The silver bezel is a dead give away, unless you have one of those bezel cases on the Palm Pre from Sprint. Otherwise the Torch is distinctly different.
    I'm sorry I just googled and found a picture of the Torch and it's very similiar in looks. No it doesn't look exactly like it (it's a bit more square-ish) but I think it could be mistaken for a Pre at a glance.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    I'm sorry I just googled and found a picture of the Torch and it's very similiar in looks. No it doesn't look exactly like it (it's a bit more square-ish) but I think it could be mistaken for a Pre at a glance.
    I don't see the resemblance at all. What I saw was completely black, just like the Pre with no bezel and the screen was curved.

Anyway, time will tell.
    I think the size/format of the Torch is actually pretty nice, and I hope the next HPalm phone is similar. Just needs more "muscle" ... the specs on the Torch are not that impressive in terms of CPU/memory/pixels/etc.
    Did you see a carrier name on it?
    I was at a bank using my pre and the teller said to me'l o,u have the new blackberry torch'' I said no,its a palm pre,,she gave me a look as if to say what the hell is that.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Did you see a carrier name on it?
    No it was too far for see anything like that. I couldn't even see what was on the screen (ie webOS running).
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast