Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdesign View Post
    The Torch is 10x nicer than my Palm Pre as far as hardware design, fit and finish. I hope Palm considers copying the Blackberry Torch in feel (especially the keyboard). BTW, the BB browser scores 100 out of 100 on the browser Acid Test. Sad for the Pre.
    And yet the Pre browser performs 10 times better than the POS browser on the Torch, even with that 100 score on the acid test.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    And yet the Pre browser performs 10 times better than the POS browser on the Torch, even with that 100 score on the acid test.
    Coincidently I just tried out a Torch at the local AT&T store. It was right next to the Pre Plus. The Pre's performance felt light years ahead of the Torch. The Pre ran smooth and the Torch felt clunky and large.
    Palm Pre Plus on Verizon || I blog at butr.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Come on, where's your Pre spirit. You should have chased after this guy and offered him money to "forget" this device on the table.
    Wonder if HP would have come knocking on the door after you gave it to PreCentral as a goodwill gesture to the community!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by preryan View Post
    I was in a drive through getting lunch sometime last week and I had my Pre with the slider open sitting on my touchstone. The girl who was helping me leaned out the window and asked me if that was the new Blackberry phone. I guy at my office has a Torch and they have a similar look.

But I sure hope you are right!
    I have both, a torch from the company for email and corporate Intranet use, and a Pre for personal use. I think most of you will agree with me on this. When somebody is as intimate with the Palm devices as most of the PreCentral user base is, there's NO WAY he could confuse a Torch with a newer, larger Palm Pre device!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Was the keyboard vertical or horizontal? Did it have a home button like the Sprint Pre's? Did he take out the phone from the top of the pouch or side of the pouch?
    Quote Originally Posted by callmechewy View Post
    Sounds like you were jealous of his "larger pouch".
    haha
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Not everyone has good eyes for phonse. Someone said "even the photographer has an iphone" when I have a pixi. True story :x.
    Cool story bro.
    hopefully we hear something about new phone hardware and webos 2.0 next week.
    Iím sorry you are seeing pre's now. Itís a terrible disease and it affects the best of us. It afflicts many of us with a yearning for another palm device. It starts with the onset of idling on the Future Palm Devices forum. Some other side effects may be re-reading old news in hopes that you missed a unbelievable part of the article that will change your hole perspective. My thoughts are with you.

Best of luck to many of us that have come down with this hardship.

I see pandas.
    just what every guy wants... a bigger prix
    Quote Originally Posted by AOW View Post
    Am I the only one that finds it odd that Palo Alto, CA based HP whom recently acquired Sunnyvale, CA based Palm, leaked a phone to L.A., CA, even though the project lead for the Palm phones lives in Los Gatos, CA?

Just seems hokey.
    So basically you're asking if we think it's weird that someone that should be in Santa Clara County went to Los Angeles County?

Kinda.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I was being kind of tongue-in-cheek about the whole "I hope its not a Torch" comment and I truly want a new Webos phone spotting in the wild.

I may not be the brightest and my 40 year old eyes the best but I cannot figure out how people don't think the Pre and the Torch have a similar look. As I said there is a guy here in my office that has one and I took some pics. Forgive the quality of the pics as the only camera I had in the office other than on the Torch or Pre was on my old 755p.

The first two pics are side by side close ups and you can see that the Torch does have silver around the edges. The last two pics are from about five feet away and the Torch looks a lot to me like a big Pre.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Yes the Pre and Torch look alike but it is irrelevant to what the OP saw. The Torch and Pre are around the same size and the OP saw a bigger Pre. So there is now way it was a Torch.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Yes the Pre and Torch look alike but it is irrelevant to what the OP saw. The Torch and Pre are around the same size and the OP saw a bigger Pre. So there is now way it was a Torch.

I agree with you completely. I was just commenting that people had posted that they looked nothing alike and the Torch is slightly bigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by nbmatt View Post
    So basically you're asking if we think it's weird that someone that should be in Santa Clara County went to Los Angeles County?

Kinda.
    Not really, more like asking don't you think it's weird that someone in charge of such a trade secret (and a female to boot) was caught flaunting a secret new Palm device in public (while being a male), in L.A.
    The situation you described is no more strange than someone leaving a very secret prototype in a bar...
    Quote Originally Posted by xImtc View Post
    I haven't seen the Torch in person yet. How big is it compared to the Pre?
    It's much bigger. A guy at my car club has one. Didn't quite fit my hands, but as the guy put it, "it doesn't fit my puny Asian hands".

But yeah next time if you see the guy, go ahead and "aggressively invite" him to show you the phone.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123