Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I've had several people ask me if my phone was the "new Blackberry"....told them it was a Palm Pre Plus...got that shoulder shrug....oh well, their loss....
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Pre-nus Envy
    I actually LOL'ed. thanks
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xImtc View Post
    I haven't seen the Torch in person yet. How big is it compared to the Pre?
    I saw one yesterday, the grey stands out and doesn't really look like a pre.
    Sure's exciting news. If you happen to have a hyperzoom camera with you at the time, you'd get a chance of getting on the front page of most tech blog

If it's just a larger riverstone design, then it's very likely to be all curvy, glossy plastic again. I hope they use stronger plastic that doesn't crack as easy as current Pres to.
    Hey, on stuff like this don't be shy, you notice that...you get up and stroll past his table as if heading to the restroom, and maybe even stop to chat a bit about hte Pre...and just get a closer look. Every phone besides the Pre and iPhone that I know of have a brand on the front, whether it be the model, carrier, or manufacturer.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Come on now, they look somewhat similar. They are both dark colored touchscreens with vertical style keyboards.

How about some outside opinions...
    Review: BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Telegraph
    or
    BlackBerry Torch First Impressions: Fresh But Familiar Indeed - PCWorld
    Here is the quote from the article... It looks like a Storm 2 that's gained a sliding BlackBerry keyboard. (Or, if you'd perfect, a bit like a giant Palm Pre that lacks the Pre's gracefully curved case.)
    it's fun to speculate!
    How much bigger was it? And you saw him slide it open?

The only thing I know of that looks like the Pre is that new wifi hotspot from Verizon.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by jkeitz View Post
    I hope HP keeps in mind that when it comes to a PHONE size does matter. In that I mean I hope that HPalm continues to buck the trend of trying to stuff a laptop into our pockets. A smartphone shouldn't make you walk with a limp. The Pre, IMHO, is perfectly sized. A little larger wouldn't be a problem, but please don't turn the sleek Pre into a Pavillion!
    Hear hear! Everyone ELSE wants bigger. Figures that now they have a keyboard and hinge expansion for the ipad, LOL. One way is easier than another, but whatever. I am glad I am not the only one who thinks size does matter (the SMALLER the better). Based on the iphone's design, the same pre case could actually house more screen/resolution, and prolly some more battery from looking at it...(or make a battery that kinda expands a little by covering more of the back where the antennae are. But I dig the size AS IS. beef it up so it won't wear out so soon, and do the front in gorilla glass, and keep going!
    Smaller, oh yeah, and darker and quieter. I am glad there's reduce minimum brightness too (though it could go to -10 and I wouldn't mind. But the blasted thing is just too LOUD. I wish there was a way to turn it DOWN when not on speaker Even mode switcher won't help me.
    Anyone know if a patch exists for "reduce minimum volume?" Is Palm trying to deafen us? lol
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    from a distance they could be mistaken for each other

found this doing a google image search on: blackberry torch next to palm pre
    there are lots of other images to look at for comparison
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    The Torch is 10x nicer than my Palm Pre as far as hardware design, fit and finish. I hope Palm considers copying the Blackberry Torch in feel (especially the keyboard). BTW, the BB browser scores 100 out of 100 on the browser Acid Test. Sad for the Pre.
    A girl can dream, can't she?!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    I like the Pre's current size. Yet, a little bigger won't be a deal breaker for me.

ET
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jkeitz View Post
    I hope HP keeps in mind that when it comes to a PHONE size does matter. In that I mean I hope that HPalm continues to buck the trend of trying to stuff a laptop into our pockets. A smartphone shouldn't make you walk with a limp. The Pre, IMHO, is perfectly sized. A little larger wouldn't be a problem, but please don't turn the sleek Pre into a Pavillion!
    Srsly. Sometimes I think that certain device manufacturers (and certain trend-following consumers) are trying to take us back to .
    I'm still hoping for a 3.5 inch screen. They wouldn't have to increase the size too much to accomplish that.
    Come play with my Twitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Pre-nus Envy
    lmao!!! that is funny!
    Quote Originally Posted by barkins View Post
    No it was too far for see anything like that. I couldn't even see what was on the screen (ie webOS running).
    Dude!! Don't you know Mr.BC*?? You HAD your Pre with you....why didn't you just call Mr. BC over for a quick 10-15 secs and we'd all be enlarging pixels and examining frame-by-frame images to identify what it was.

(*Mr.BC = Mister Blurry Cam)
    With all these people thinking the Pre is a Torch, makes you wonder why Palm didn't do what RIM did to market the phone. Imagine if everyone saw a Torch and said, "Hey, is that a Pre?"
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anus1220 View Post
    With all these people thinking the Pre is a Torch, makes you wonder why Palm didn't do what RIM did to market the phone. Imagine if everyone saw a Torch and said, "Hey, is that a Pre?"
    I agree completely. The first thing I thought when I saw the BB Torch was, wow they copied the Pre. Unfortunately everyone not familiar with the Pre think the opposite.
    Palm Pre Plus on Verizon || I blog at butr.net
    Am I the only one that finds it odd that Palo Alto, CA based HP whom recently acquired Sunnyvale, CA based Palm, leaked a phone to L.A., CA, even though the project lead for the Palm phones lives in Los Gatos, CA?

Just seems hokey.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast