Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stick with Verizon, I'm already there

15 8.88%
  • Switch to Verizon, I'm on AT&T

0 0%
  • Switch to Verizon, I'm on Sprint

8 4.73%
  • Wait for it on my network (AT&T/Sprint)

103 60.95%
  • Dump WebOS

43 25.44%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What'll you do?
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Sticking with Sprint regardless of phones. The only things that will make me switch is Sprint prices increasing or I move to an area with 0 coverage.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post
    Sticking with Sprint regardless of phones. The only things that will make me switch is Sprint prices increasing or I move to an area with 0 coverage.
    this.

but boy do i ever hope they get a bada$$ webOS phone soon...
    Need to add another option for those of us that are leery of going back to webOS period. It will take more than just new hardware to bring me back.
    not sure what i will do yet !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Dont care about new hardware anymore! FrankenPre F T W !
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    A success on Verizon means other carriers will follow suit. Even though I'm on Sprint, I will gladly wait if it means WebOS is regaining some momentum. It's do or die time, folks.
    once 2.0 hits, the og pre will be bad ***. i just got a fresh one today, lost the last one when canoeing over the weekend and the dam opened...sucked
    Palm prē-ist.
    Yo,
    Boating is cool when a paddle is involved. Speed kills.

I have the good fortune of not only having an available upgrade, but my contract is up as well.

I got the pre about a week in. I went on launch day. Dude told me they just sold the last one twenty minutes before. I went home without thinking too much about it. I went back a week later.

B.O.T. I will not sign a contract with Verizon.

Peace
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Can't vote on this poll!!

I won't be switching carriers and I won't wait long, but to say I'm dumping webOS would be a bit harsh. I have no hard feelings with my pre, in fact I still love it and plan on keeping it well after my next upgrade.

All in all though it's just like Mr. sood said, it's lack of innovation that closes the window. I want flash, hdmi out/DLNA, micro sd, greater battery life, better cpu/gpu, blah, blah, blah and some other good stuffing. I won't be dumping webOS, I'll be upgrading and still using webOS on the side.

With palm saying nothing, I really think I should just move on.
    Well, it would be FANTASTIC for me if Verizon released a new WebOS device in October. Verizon has agreed to let me switch to any other phone I want b/c of the GPS issue with the Pre Plus. Even if the new device suffers the same problem, it'll be a new phone, new hardware and possible new OS for to finish out the next 15 months of my contract.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    If it only comes to verizon then it looks like I'll be a new Android user, because I will not leave Sprint, and because it means that Palm/HP obviously don't care about us Sprint users.

WebOS got it's start on Sprint, and if Palm only updates for Verizon who has consistently not given a crap about WebOS, then I see that as a slap in the face to consumers.
    love webos,but I love sprint more,,will not switch. This is the second or third time this thread has been started I'm sure. Same question.
    Ditto, zmann.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I'll wait for a short while, then look at other devices.
    Sprint Palm Pre 1.4.5 @ 1G
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunar View Post
    If it only comes to verizon then it looks like I'll be a new Android user, because I will not leave Sprint, and because it means that Palm/HP obviously don't care about us Sprint users.

WebOS got it's start on Sprint, and if Palm only updates for Verizon who has consistently not given a crap about WebOS, then I see that as a slap in the face to consumers.
    I agree, if they don't want to release on sprint. They obviously don't want my business so i'll take my money somewhere else.
    I wouldn't switch. Espcially ifits just a pre++. Like I've said before, I don't want a minor upgrade. I want a totally new phone. So let verizon have it. I'll wait until sprint comes out with something better. I'm eligible for upgrade in november. At this point I'm willing to hang in there until next year. If I haven't heard any news by then I may have to go android. I really don't want an android phone but I'm really in need of some new and better hardware. So here's to hoping christmas comes early this year.
    Hell no. Sprint is the last holdout for unlimited data plans. I'm riding that train till it derails whether I do that on Pre or have to get some new Android phone. I know this party won't last forever and Mr. Hesse has already sounded a warning.
    I would be a little disappointed, because we all know that sprint was the first to get the palm pre. Sprint should have seniority. :-)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast