Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stick with Verizon, I'm already there

15 8.88%
  • Switch to Verizon, I'm on AT&T

0 0%
  • Switch to Verizon, I'm on Sprint

8 4.73%
  • Wait for it on my network (AT&T/Sprint)

103 60.95%
  • Dump WebOS

43 25.44%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Depends on how long before Sprint gets the new phone. If it over 3 to 4 months, then I will get a Verizon phone, otherwise I wait. That is, if its a full Pre 2 and not just a refresh.
    Last edited by casiouser; 09/30/2010 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Added more
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I will stick with my palm pre that has many patches and is overclocked, but will still be disapionted with palm for not taking care of the people that started such a great webos comunity
    fairly certain that Verizon is at the top of the list because the VP in charge of the Palm mobile devices is on Verizon. When Palm was a stand alone, they had a team for each carrier, no longer the case
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    once 2.0 hits, the og pre will be bad ***. i just got a fresh one today, lost the last one when canoeing over the weekend and the dam opened...sucked
    That sucked? I'd be all like "WOOOHOOOO!!!" :-)

It's raining here on the east coast. The codorus is on its way up. Will likely flood this evening. Hopefully it'll stick around 4-5 feet tomorrow when I have time to go play!
    : (){:|:&};:
    Hmmm, I'll wait until christmas, then I'll get whatever looks promising, I'll stay on Sprint, but I won't wait for a specific Palm phone if it isn't out before then, I'll go with something else for a bit. Though I am excited about the PalmPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Dont care about new hardware anymore! FrankenPre F T W !
    I won't be leaving sprint so as long as I don't have to wait for 2.0, I'll rock my FrankenPre for a while longer.
    I just came from the sprint store I always go to,i needed a charger.the one I have bought there before was no longer there. When I talked to the manager he said they are preparing for the next palm devices. I said when,,,he said soon with a wink and a smile. Now I know most of these people don't know there 'blank' from there elbow,,,but that's what he said to me.
    I will switch to sprint. (yes i meant that) I need a lower bill and will just wait until Sprint gets webos. Waiting is not a problem, i used my Treo 650 for five and a half years waiting for someone to come out with a multitasking phone.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I just came from the sprint store I always go to,i needed a charger.the one I have bought there before was no longer there. When I talked to the manager he said they are preparing for the next palm devices. I said when,,,he said soon with a wink and a smile. Now I know most of these people don't know there 'blank' from there elbow,,,but that's what he said to me.
    I really, really hope this is the case (and that it's not just a pre plus2).
    Given that Verizon's supposed roadmap of new devices has been leaked, and there is no sign of any Palm/WebOS devices, does this mean Sprint first? Or just no new phones until 2011? Or Palm is just that good with secrecy, even Verizon leaks can't spoil the party?

I think the new phone will hit Sprint first. Sprint is likely to offer the best terms for launch (even if they botched it last time), and if for no other reason, who else wants to step up to the plate? AT&T... no. T-Mobile... HA. That only leaves Verizon, and with the Droid 2 and Galaxy S to push, I doubt they are really in a position to make a better offer than Sprint. Sprint currently is trying to push the best line of devices, and while they have the Epic and Evo, another 4G phone before the end of the year could never hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Need to add another option for those of us that are leery of going back to webOS period. It will take more than just new hardware to bring me back.
    And yet you never left.
  12.    #32  
    I do think Palm's going to lose out if they can't do at least what Samsung has done with the Galaxy phones. They're all slightly different but basically the same core phone and launched at the same time on all the carriers.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Store managers know just as much as we do and that's nothing....
    If there was truly new anything coming out soon, we'd know about it and it would be leaked.
    well hopefully this is just HPalm still keeping their mouths closed to carriers, because as of today Verizon's Pre 2 tab for this october is not listed at all in their up and coming list of phones and tablets:

Verizon scoop extravaganza: Motorola Venus with portrait QWERTY, Stingray LTE tablet, and more? -- Engadget
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post
    I agree, if they don't want to release on sprint. They obviously don't want my business so i'll take my money somewhere else.
    If it doesn't launch on Sprint, it's more likely a decision by Sprint. There have been rumors that Sprint rejected a Pre replacement.

Sprint probably won't agree to a phone that doesn't have 4G capacity so they can charge their $10 tariff.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Evo
    Unless 2.0 really is a improvement over the current to hold me off for awhile. I will be dumping webOs for a bit, for a fresh look at the world, but I will likly just come back once the kinks have worked out with whatever there ideas are.
    I am irrevocably tied to Sprint so I'm sticking with them as long as they around.

Also am 100% a Palm fan with no desire to switch to another OS.

So will stick with my current Pre until the new webOS device becomes available on Sprint.
    also why do people keep putting up if only Verizon gets it will you switch polls smh? Believe what you will, who keeps putting polls up like this, but its not a matter of if sprint, Verizon, or AT&T gets new devices (since Palm/HP relationship even with sprint I confermed and posted on here already months ago are intact) its a matter of when. As well as making polls about Verizon, when there hasent been anything at all conferming they are getting anything yet is asanine period. So to me this posting is irrelevant, and any other kind of post stating a specific carrier until something is concrete.
    If it's possible and I don't feel like waiting, I'll convert it to work on Sprint! I don't expect that it'll take that long to get rolled out to multiple other carriers though.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    also why do people keep putting up if only Verizon gets it will you switch polls smh? .

Because so far, only Verizon has had their internal system mention a new Palm phone.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast