Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 83
  1.    #1  
    Why?
    First because I'm on Sprint and the phone plans on Verizon are much more expensive.
    Second because Verizon will no longer have unlimited data plans.
    Third because Verizon is in bed with Google and they don't care about WebOS or Palm. The way they advertise and advocate the Pre will only mean the end of WebOS on smartphones.
    Forth but not least, do you want another Pre with crippled GPS? and updates that take forever to show up on your phone because they don't care at all about WebOS.

    Forget it! Palm if you are reading this, keep in mind that most of us Palm Pre Sprint users will not leave Sprint for Verizon even if the Pre 2 is a Verizon exclusive only. We will most likely get an Android phone on Sprint.
  2. #2  
    If it does launch on Verizon initially, my guess is that it would come to Sprint as well at some point.
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  3. #3  
    +1

    except for
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    We will most likely get an Android phone on Sprint.
    for me anyway


    EDIT : Meaning i WONT switch to Android
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    +1

    except for


    for me anyway
    Not me, have no interest in switching to Android.
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  5. #5  
    I think you can safely upgrade to an android phone before the stores close today.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ingle_lane.png
  6. #6  
    i won't leave sprint either. no way, not unless something in the way they do things changes drastically. i'll keep using the same pre i have now until new webOS hardware hits sprint, and add a line for a tablet (even if it is a galaxy tab) if i need a new hardware fix (which i really, really, really do). let's hope a webOS tablet hits sprint before i have to go that route...

    no way will i go to verizon.
  7. bdog421's Avatar
    Posts
    513 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Forget it! Palm if you are reading this, keep in mind that most of us Palm Pre Sprint users will not leave Sprint for Verizon even if the Pre 2 is a Verizon exclusive only. We will most likely get an Android phone on Sprint.
    I'm sad to say if this plays out to be true. I will most likely go android, but if the phone comes to verizon in say oct-nov I'll still give palm till about the end of jan(max) to release on sprint. I have to upgrade at some point and I want to retire my pre in working order, 2yrs is too long to make my pre wait.
  8. #8  
    I will go to android if a new palm phone dosnt come out on sprint soon, my pre has a ton of issues and I will not get a 7th replacement
  9. #9  
    My young lady begged and pleaded for an Epic 4g... got it and hated android with a passion... but she had already sold her Pre to a friend. So of course, since I am in Singapore she took over my Pre and I have inherited the android phone... there is no hope for this thing. I will be buying another Pre to activate on my line.

    I dont like Verizon either... their plans are not as badly overpriced as ATT but they are close... and the lack of unlimited plans does it for me. I am really hoping Sprint doesnt go that direction too. As far as my Pre... once I get another one, I will probably use it till it breaks then look into getting whatever is available at the time with an upgrade.
  10. #10  
    yeah if no Palm device on sprint for me by early 2011, ill prob opt for a windows phone 7 device to hold me out until the do. Me personally had a Evo since it launched and just sold it last month, again androids not for me. Its a fad to me, and is in the consumers face so much, I think personally people are getting tired of seeing it. With the same old OS just on different devices, and with options by 2011 with windows phone 7, hopefully webos, and maybe a iphone on different carriers, my bets on androids market share to drop drasticly.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Why?
    First because I'm on Sprint and the phone plans on Verizon are much more expensive.
    You mean so far. Dan Hess is setting the stage for increased rates at SPrint because he's finally realized that he is in this business to make money, not give away bad service (and customers to his competitors).
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Second because Verizon will no longer have unlimited data plans.
    Verizon hasn't really had 'unlimited data plans' for quite some time. Heavy users of the Smartphone plans were warned off or terminated if they routinely exceeded 5-6 GB. How much data do you use every month anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Third because Verizon is in bed with Google and they don't care about WebOS or Palm. The way they advertise and advocate the Pre will only mean the end of WebOS on smartphones.
    Verizon's in bed with whomever makes them money. A >1-year-old Palm Pre design wasn't going to make them a lot of money and the Sprint Pre sales at that same time was proof positive that there was no real market for the Pre at a scale Verizon wanted/needed to justify more marketing emphasis on the product. Look at the bright side - webOS outsold the Kin!
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Forth but not least, do you want another Pre with crippled GPS? and updates that take forever to show up on your phone because they don't care at all about WebOS.
    The crippled GPS was definitely bad form at VZW. Their delay in the 1.4.5 update was probably due to their higher software/network standards than Sprint, like them or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Forget it! Palm if you are reading this, keep in mind that most of us Palm Pre Sprint users will not leave Sprint for Verizon even if the Pre 2 is a Verizon exclusive only. We will most likely get an Android phone on Sprint.
    From a global marketing viewpoint there are so few Palm Pre Sprint users left that it's probably not worth it to HP to focus on your needs as a driver in their next generation smartphone release plans.
  12. #12  
    OP...So what if Palm releases the Pre2 only on Verizon (say October), but an entirely new glass slab 4" w/SLCD retina display 4G device on Sprint in December? What then?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    OP...So what if Palm releases the Pre2 only on Verizon (say October), but an entirely new glass slab 4" w/SLCD retina display 4G device on Sprint in December? What then?
    If that happened I know I would be mad because I personally hate any phone that doesn't have a real keyboard to it.
    Arthur Thornton

    Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  14. doc31's Avatar
    Posts
    707 Posts
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    #14  
    TreoRock from what I've heard there will be two device an pre upgrade (pre2) that will lauch on vz first then sprint within months and the 2nd one being the roadrunner or whateva different form factor on sprint.
    If thats the case I wouldn't mind waiting as long as I know whats coming.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
  15. #15  
    it'll come to both eventually...all i gotta say with all this silence and secrecy, bad for business, good for business dont spill the beans, this phone must be the "one" u know the one that comes out every so often (e.g. moto razr, iphone, etc..GAME CHANGER), all i have to say this new phone must absolutely be the next "it" phone with all this hoopla & secrecy because if they come out with just an okay hardware wise & specs i will truly be disappointed, just saying...lol
  16. #16  
    @KUPE

    VZW offers a truly unlimited data plan today. the only thing that has a limit is MHS usage.
  17. #17  
    And now as a poll, so we can see whether AT&T/Sprint people will view this the same...
    http://forums.precentral.net/future-...-will-you.html
  18. #18  
    cool story bro
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    And now as a poll, so we can see whether AT&T/Sprint people will view this the same...
    http://forums.precentral.net/future-...-will-you.html
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ingle_lane.png
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    @KUPE

    VZW offers a truly unlimited data plan today. the only thing that has a limit is MHS usage.
    That's what they want you to believe. Trust me, if you exceed 7GB/mo on your handset for two consecutive months, at best you'll get a warning letter. You may also be terminated without warning (I've seen both happen in the last 7 months).
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions