Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    touchstone charging, real multitaskig with a great easy to use interface. nobody had any thing like synergy at that time really either.
    Real multitasking with an easy interface has been present in blackberry's for a long time. WebOS improved on a "fun" way to close applications though. And i think WebOS UI was more modern, but Blackberry's multitasking management is pretty damn simple.

Synergy existed through apps. On my blackberry curve before i got my Pre, i had Google Sync and Facebook for blackberry that combined my contacts and assigned pictures. Yes, WebOS had it built it which was awesome...but they still don't have a way to filter facebook contacts out of your phone contact list which is annoying.

Touchstone is pretty awesome...but at the end of the day, its just a Dock with out an external connector and no data transfer either.....its not something the industry is clamoring for.

Quote Originally Posted by susanoo26 View Post
    Android has huge mindshare, a giant and growing app library, an ever evolving OS and a robust selection of phones across multiple carriers. And you know what? IT directors (at least mine) are starting to give Androids a serious look over Blackberrys. Yeah Androids market shares are dropping "drastically".

I will GLADLY take you up on that bet.
    Sign me up for this bet as well. Honestly, if someone can make such a widely inappropriate predication of market share I have very little reason to listen to them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by oobernuber View Post
    Sorry to go off on a tangent (even though we already have about a jillion "Palm better do this or I'm getting another phone grrrrrrr" threads), but what's the fascination with glass slab phones?

Honestly, I think that's a huge turnoff. I see that and I say, "Wow, my plastic-clad phone scratches easily enough, and they're moving to glass!?"

The iPhone has Gorilla glass, and it still scratches and cracks like nuts. If I didn't need a case before, you better believe one would be on my phone before it even came out of the box! I'm not abusive at all to my phones, and I would be worried.
    You know....i've owned my Pre and Now my Evo and i will never go back to a plastic screen again. My first Pre I had a screen protector that the only thing annoying was dirt getting caught on the corners. No biggie though. Anyway, that Pre broke, got another one that broke and my 3rd one had a funky spacebar so i was debating trading in so I never put a screen protector on it. Anyway, fastfoward to last month, i still had that same Pre but still never put a screen protector on it and the amount of tiny scratches/pocket scuffs on the screen were ridiculous. Note, i never dropped my phone (hell, i sold it for $125 with the Touchstone, so thats the condition it was in) but when the screen was off (and a little when the screen was on) you could see all these little scuffs from just being in and out of my pocket from whatever crap were in them.

On my Evo i have ZERO scratches. I was going to put on a screen protector but I don't' see a need for one. I agree, if a plastic screen took a bad fall vs. a glass screen, you're more likely to get a scratch/chip on the plastic screen vs. the crack you could get on the glass screen. But if dropping your phone is someting that happens often in your life, i would be cautious on what phone to pick....its not like the Pre was built like a tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog421 View Post
    We've had this conversation around here a quadrillion times........no sprint does not have a 5gig limit on 3G smartphones!(yet)
    Yes, they do. It's not a hard cap and it's not always enforced by billing, but it is there. There was a discussion on these forums back in April where one user said that he was dinged for going over the 5GB cap.
    I personally have exceeded 5 gigs/month every month for the last 14 months I have had my Pre. I have never had ANY issues with Sprint, they haven't even mentioned it. When my wife spoke to customer service about the data, (believing she was referring to streaming radio and sprint tv) they told her that there simply was NO LIMIT to an unlimited data plan. The representative did go on to say that they could throttle the usage after 5 gigs, but the "soft cap" existed merely for "cases of extreme abuse". I call BS.
    "What is right, isn't always popular. What is popular, isn't always right."
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberiian View Post
    I personally have exceeded 5 gigs/month every month for the last 14 months I have had my Pre. I have never had ANY issues with Sprint, they haven't even mentioned it. When my wife spoke to customer service about the data, (believing she was referring to streaming radio and sprint tv) they told her that there simply was NO LIMIT to an unlimited data plan. The representative did go on to say that they could throttle the usage after 5 gigs, but the "soft cap" existed merely for "cases of extreme abuse". I call BS.
    How do you use 5 gigs + per month?
    I smell tiered pricing in our future if enough users are clogging the airwaves.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    The Sprint version hopefully wouldn't be that far off from the VZW version. And who is to say that the new one would have crippled GPS?

The unlimited data plans may or may not be around when the phone comes out, but if you switch and get an unlimited data plan before they cap the data plans, you should be grandfathered in.
    anyone see engadget's massive device leak for upcoming devices on VZW?

no hp or palm device mentioned.

discuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by mindonmillions08 View Post
    I will go to android if a new palm phone dosnt come out on sprint soon, my pre has a ton of issues and I will not get a 7th replacement
    sprint prices & discounts cannot be beat on any carrier BUT verizon has a better line of phones. shame sprint will not allow them on their network without illegal methods. i can tell you sprints new lineup is mostly droid phones, their hellbent on them. they sell like hotcakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    anyone see engadget's massive device leak for upcoming devices on VZW?

no hp or palm device mentioned.

discuss.
    Interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    If it does launch on Verizon initially, my guess is that it would come to Sprint as well at some point.
    The Pre Plus never came to Sprint.
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    sprint prices & discounts cannot be beat on any carrier BUT verizon has a better line of phones. shame sprint will not allow them on their network without illegal methods. i can tell you sprints new lineup is mostly droid phones, their hellbent on them. they sell like hotcakes.
    The only carrier not hellbent on Android is AT&T and we all know why that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    The only carrier not hellbent on Android is AT&T and we all know why that is.
    i know more people with android phones than iphones anymore.
  12. AZ8
    +1
    Must be subjective. I see droids, but I also see iPhones. I'd say they're about equal where I am.

And I say Droid, not Android, as I have seen one [only one!] single Sprint/non-Verizon Android phone user at my medical school. Serious. And it's pretty funny to hear them talk about apps - they say "Words with friends is so cool! We should get that for Droid!" and then they are disappointed to find that Android's equivalent [Wordfeud] won't let them play with Words with Friends users on iPhone.

I finally convinced my study buddy to turn off the stupid animated wallpaper on his Droid Incredible. He said "I can't believe how much faster it runs now!" [I was disappointed too, as I really enjoyed bragging how his Incredible lagged like my Pre did.] And then he asked, "but why do you think Verizon set it up with slowdown like that to begin with?"

So like I said, subjective.

I have, however, seen a physician in the hallways and one of my professors who both have a Pre. I almost couldn't believe it. It felt nice not to be alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberiian View Post
    Correct...there in NOTHING in the TOC about data limit on smartphone plans. Just data cards. NO ONE has been able to produce a document stating otherwise in regards to the 5GB cap. If there is, no one can seem to find it.
    well hopefully this is just HPalm still keeping their mouths closed to carriers, because as of today Verizon's Pre 2 tab for this october is not listed at all in their up and coming list of phones and tablets:

Verizon scoop extravaganza: Motorola Venus with portrait QWERTY, Stingray LTE tablet, and more? -- Engadget
    Global Posts
    693 Global Posts
    Minus the GPS issue on Verizon, the Pre Plus is an excellent device. I'm really impressed with the quality of the phone and would gladly purchase another webOS device on Verizon. However, if it is gimped even further or the GPS functionality isn't addressed I will have some reservations. I plan on waiting out the phone wars for a while anyway. Sprint is rolling out 4G and Verizon is starting to light up 4G in test markets as well. Getting a phone right this very moment under contract is crazy. I was tempted to get a Droid 2 until I played with a Pre - then I understood the fascination and appreciation towards webOS. It's a solid phone and I can't see going back to Android unless webOS phones as we know them die out and they become "me too" devices without carving enough of their own niche to warrant a purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    OP...So what if Palm releases the Pre2 only on Verizon (say October), but an entirely new glass slab 4" w/SLCD retina display 4G device on Sprint in December? What then?
    That would suck even worse. I don't want a big slab, I want a phone with a real keyboard that I can toss into my pocket and use with one hand.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    That would suck even worse. I don't want a big slab, I want a phone with a real keyboard that I can toss into my pocket and use with one hand.
    I think he meant what if they came out with a sprint vers of the phone you imagined in dec... Basically saying you'd be screwed by your own decision to jump ship.

Ya know like, how does a guy with no arms or legs get screwed?(toss him overboard)

I know it's in bad taste ... So white text here we come!

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    I use my Evo with one hand daily that I toss in my pocket.
    you toss your hand in your pocket? Must be double-jointed.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast