Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I'll take that bet. Having been with them 10 years, with multiple phones, and an unlimited plan for my owrk phone... I don't think so.

I'll start listening to pandora more and try to force the issue for you!
    I'll join Cantaffordit on this as I have hit over 5 gig for the past 3-4 months and nothing not a letter not a peep...

On top of it Dan Hesse even said that if usage continues to be high that they will go to tiered pricing also...
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    disregard. These are all features I've just become accustomed too. haha.
    Good one OP
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    my bets on androids market share to drop drasticly.
    Android has huge mindshare, a giant and growing app library, an ever evolving OS and a robust selection of phones across multiple carriers. And you know what? IT directors (at least mine) are starting to give Androids a serious look over Blackberrys. Yeah Androids market shares are dropping "drastically".

I will GLADLY take you up on that bet.
    Last edited by susanoo26; 09/29/2010 at 06:14 PM. Reason: ...
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    If that happened I know I would be mad because I personally hate any phone that doesn't have a real keyboard to it.
    4" glass slab slider KB, then...
    I totally agree. As everyone else on this forum, I enjoy using webOS. But, if Sprint doesn't pick up the pre2, I will go Android, Blackberry, or wait for WP7. Switching carriers is not an option for me, I get way to good of a deal on Sprint.
  7. AZ8
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Why?
    First because I'm on Sprint and the phone plans on Verizon are much more expensive.
    Second because Verizon will no longer have unlimited data plans.Third because Verizon is in bed with Google and they don't care about WebOS or Palm. The way they advertise and advocate the Pre will only mean the end of WebOS on smartphones.
    Forth but not least, do you want another Pre with crippled GPS? and updates that take forever to show up on your phone because they don't care at all about WebOS.

Forget it! Palm if you are reading this, keep in mind that most of us Palm Pre Sprint users will not leave Sprint for Verizon even if the Pre 2 is a Verizon exclusive only. We will most likely get an Android phone on Sprint.
    And neither will Sprint.

I can't count high enough the amount of times I've read that statement on this website. You Sprint people better take off the blinders or put down the Kool-aid...or something. Because elimination of unlimited data is coming to ALL carriers! Sprint just seems to be the last to jump on board.

The story is out there, yet you Sprint people seem to turn a blind eye. I don't get it!

Anyways...here it is....again!

http://www.precentral.net/hesse-too-...ed-data-sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    4" glass slab slider KB, then...
    Sorry to go off on a tangent (even though we already have about a jillion "Palm better do this or I'm getting another phone grrrrrrr" threads), but what's the fascination with glass slab phones?

Honestly, I think that's a huge turnoff. I see that and I say, "Wow, my plastic-clad phone scratches easily enough, and they're moving to glass!?"

The iPhone has Gorilla glass, and it still scratches and cracks like nuts. If I didn't need a case before, you better believe one would be on my phone before it even came out of the box! I'm not abusive at all to my phones, and I would be worried.
    "...human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!"

-Ghostbusters
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ8 View Post
    And neither will Sprint.

I can't count high enough the amount of times I've read that statement on this website. You Sprint people better take off the blinders or put down the Kool-aid...or something. Because elimination of unlimited data is coming to ALL carriers! Sprint just seems to be the last to jump on board.

The story is out there, yet you Sprint people seem to turn a blind eye. I don't get it!

http://www.precentral.net/hesse-too-...ed-data-sprint
    That doesn't mean that they will force current customers out of their current plans (right?). I don't abuse my unlimited data package, so I see no reason why they would force me to drop my unlimited plan. If they do, I'll be the fastest Sprint->Verizon customer in the world.

Sprint HAS to know that the only reason a significant portion of their current customer base sticks with them is because of cost. If they take away that reason, you'll see a mass exodus. Again, they HAVE to know this.
    Last edited by oobernuber; 09/29/2010 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Clarification
    "...human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!"

-Ghostbusters
  10. AZ8
    Quote Originally Posted by oobernuber View Post
    That doesn't mean that they will force current customers out of their current plans (right?). I don't abuse my unlimited data package, so I see no reason why they would force me to drop my unlimited plan. If they do, I'll be the fastest Sprint->Verizon customer in the world.

Sprint HAS to know that the only reason a significant portion of their current customer base sticks with them is because of cost. If they take away that reason, you'll see a mass exodus. Again, they HAVE to know this.
    Data use is skyrocketing and bandwidth isn't keeping up.

I don't think Dan Hesse will have a choice.
    I understand sprint customers frustrations over the lack of a new palm device, but reading some of these comments, I'm sorry to say, palm, hp, and sprint have no obligation to you,other than providing support for your current device. If the device is problematic, then move on and wait til hp releases new hardware and come back either when your due or some other way.

hp palm should release a new device or devices on multiple carriers, but they MUST include the larger carriers in the world in order to be successful.

so what if the next device is released on vzw? If it's somewhat successful, it will come to sprint, no doubt, in due time.

keep in mind, most people used to keep their phones for atleast 2 years on contract. If a new device comes to vzw, they will be trying to capture a whole new customer base, as the rest of us vzw users are only at most 8 months into contract.

I think webOS 2.0, along with new
    apps, will continue to make your pre or pixi an enjoyable device. Much more so than any android or blackberry device on sprint.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=AZ8;2686095]And neither will Sprint.

[url]

Sprint never said they are going tiered data plans, all they said is if data use is not cut back on, they will apply a limit.

A limit could mean tiered or it could just mean a cap, like say 5 gigs. Just cause verizon is following at&t DOES NOT mean sprint will do the exact same thing and I'm pretty sure they won't. Also when did sprint say they are for sure doing this, I haven't seen it?
  13. AZ8
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog421 View Post
    Sprint never said they are going tiered data plans, all they said is if data use is not cut back on, they will apply a limit.

A limit could mean tiered or it could just mean a cap, like say 5 gigs. Just cause verizon is following at&t DOES NOT mean sprint will do the exact same thing and I'm pretty sure they won't. Also when did sprint say they are for sure doing this, I haven't seen it?
    They havent committed to it....yet. Thats my point. They will eventually and to think otherwise is foolish. Less than 10% own smartphones and the congestion to the networks is apparent. This applies to ALL carriers.

Imagine if that number hits 20%. Math doesnt lie.

“We’re not ruling out metered pricing,” [Dan Hesse] said. “Tiered pricing is something we look at.”- WSJ, Sept 22, 2010

http://www.intomobile.com/2010/09/22...tered-pricing/
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=AZ8;2686324]They havent committed to it....yet. Thats my point. They will eventually and to think otherwise is foolish. Less than 10% own smartphones and the congestion to the networks is apparent. This applies to ALL carriers.

Imagine if that number hits 20%. Math doesnt lie.

“We’re not ruling out metered pricing,” [Dan Hesse] said. “Tiered pricing is something we look at.”- WSJ, Sept 22, 2010[quote]

But none of this is for sure yet, I think your somewhat right and at some point they will make some changes to data limits and pricing. Still to say sprint will do the same as verizon and follow at&t is not likely, as they will surely lose most if not all of their new customers and some of the loyal ones.
  15. AZ8
    guess we wait and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Why?
    First because I'm on Sprint and the phone plans on Verizon are much more expensive.
    Second because Verizon will no longer have unlimited data plans.
    Third because Verizon is in bed with Google and they don't care about WebOS or Palm. The way they advertise and advocate the Pre will only mean the end of WebOS on smartphones.
    Forth but not least, do you want another Pre with crippled GPS? and updates that take forever to show up on your phone because they don't care at all about WebOS.

Forget it! Palm if you are reading this, keep in mind that most of us Palm Pre Sprint users will not leave Sprint for Verizon even if the Pre 2 is a Verizon exclusive only. We will most likely get an Android phone on Sprint.
    I'll just keep my pre
    Why don't we wait for 2.0 and see how well our Pre's works with the upgraded software and then make a decision. Right now with my Pre patched and OC'd I am a pretty happy camper. I agree with other people in here, even if it does come to Big Red first, it will eventually come to Sprint and at&t. I switched from Verizon to Sprint in June of 09 and I have no desire to ever go back to those controlling tyrants.
    Sprint already has a cap on data, 5GB. Only 4G is truly unlimited.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Sprint already has a cap on data, 5GB. Only 4G is truly unlimited.
    We've had this conversation around here a quadrillion times........no sprint does not have a 5gig limit on 3G smartphones!(yet)
    I have until March, which is when my S|P renewal period begins. Then I'll go for whatever's out there that fits my need, be it Android, WP7 or webOS. Of course, I'm hoping for a new webOS phone, but I'm not loyal enough to wait another 6 to 9 months.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast