Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    That's what they want you to believe. Trust me, if you exceed 7GB/mo on your handset for two consecutive months, at best you'll get a warning letter. You may also be terminated without warning (I've seen both happen in the last 7 months).
    I'll take that bet. Having been with them 10 years, with multiple phones, and an unlimited plan for my owrk phone... I don't think so.

I'll start listening to pandora more and try to force the issue for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    You mean so far. Dan Hess is setting the stage for increased rates at SPrint because he's finally realized that he is in this business to make money, not give away bad service (and customers to his competitors).
    Verizon hasn't really had 'unlimited data plans' for quite some time. Heavy users of the Smartphone plans were warned off or terminated if they routinely exceeded 5-6 GB. How much data do you use every month anyway?
    Verizon's in bed with whomever makes them money. A >1-year-old Palm Pre design wasn't going to make them a lot of money and the Sprint Pre sales at that same time was proof positive that there was no real market for the Pre at a scale Verizon wanted/needed to justify more marketing emphasis on the product. Look at the bright side - webOS outsold the Kin!
    The crippled GPS was definitely bad form at VZW. Their delay in the 1.4.5 update was probably due to their higher software/network standards than Sprint, like them or not.

From a global marketing viewpoint there are so few Palm Pre Sprint users left that it's probably not worth it to HP to focus on your needs as a driver in their next generation smartphone release plans.
    hey I resent that first statement how long have you had sprint or do you have sprint? Ive been with them for 12 years and even when they were bad they've had very good service. Yes I have had AT&T, Voicestream(yes before Tmobile), Verizon, and Metro.

Also I think tenior Verizon customer still have unlimited, since my brother has Verizon and has had them for 2 decades and goes well over 6 GB's a month.

heres a question you say the palm pre wasent going to make Verizon any money and they're in with whomever makes them money, and that the pre WASENT GOING TO MAKE them any money scale, size whatever you said. Then why would such a powerful giant like Verizon even take on the Palm Pre in the first place?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I wish merge signs in real life looked like that, makes much more sense.
    Come play with my Twitter.
    EVERYTHING THAT YOURE HEARING IS A RUMOR.

I've been in contact with Dan and he told me personally that Sprint will get the next webOS device at the same time as verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage91 View Post
    EVERYTHING THAT YOURE HEARING IS A RUMOR.

I've been in contact with Dan and he told me personally that Sprint will get the next webOS device at the same time as verizon.
    oh ok
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Is Verizon going 4G? If so, I may jump ship if the forthcoming Palm device hits them first.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    Is Verizon going 4G? If so, I may jump ship if the forthcoming Palm device hits them first.
    next device wont be 4g.

vzw is going to LTE eventually, but you won't see any LTE phones before Q1
    next device wont be 4g.

When I sold phones this past summer, our Blackberry rep had told us that Vzw first 4g device would be a blackberry.

we know how legit reps are but, meh.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    next device wont be 4g...
    The Pre was bleeding edge. How can you be so sure their next phone won't be 4G?
    How was the pre 'bleeding edge'... what new features did it offer that other devices hadnt?
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    yeah if no Palm device on sprint for me by early 2011, ill prob opt for a windows phone 7 device to hold me out until the do. Me personalwly had a Evo since it launched and just sold it last month, again androids not for me. Its a fad to me, and is in the consumers face so much, I think personally people are getting tired of seeing it. With the same old OS just on different devices, and with options by 2011 with windows phone 7, hopefully webos, and maybe a iphone on different carriers, my bets on androids market share to drop drasticly.
    This means you will be on A&TT or T-Mobile because wp7 will not be going to CDMA until the 2nd half of 2011.
    next device wont be 4g.

And who said we'll see a new webOS phone before Q1 2011?
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    This means you will be on A&TT or T-Mobile because wp7 will not be going to CDMA until the 2nd half of 2011.
    no I mean Ill wait the 2nd half of 2011. If there is no Palm phone for sprint (which im currently on, and wont be leaving for any phone) by january, Ill wait until WP7 comes to sprint whenever in 2011.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    And who said we'll see a new webOS phone before Q1 2011?
    and who said we won't
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    How was the pre 'bleeding edge'... what new features did it offer that other devices hadnt?
    Well, for one it was the first to sport the OMAP3 3430 processor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    everyone is going 4g.

eventually.
    touchstone charging, real multitaskig with a great easy to use interface. nobody had any thing like synergy at that time really either.
    I'll do the same thing that I did with my i500..... purchase 2 spares, use them until they're all dead in the water, and hope that by the time that happens there is a new WebOS phone on Sprint. If not, I'll reluctantly make the move to some other smartphone.

I'm fairly certain that the Sr. VP for Palm device development is a VZ customer. In the good old days, there were separate teams for each carrier, but that is no longer the case.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    touchstone charging, real multitaskig with a great easy to use interface. nobody had any thing like synergy at that time really either.
    Great points. I love Touchstone. Awesome innovation. And webOS (multitasking, synergy, etc.) I could go on and on.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast