Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    I was sitting down at breakfast this morning when my stepmom decided to write her doctor's appointment down on the calendar. She's detailed with it too. My parents aren't that "tech savvy" so they don't use their calendars on their phones. I have my Pre calendar which I use all the time. My dad has a BB Bold but doesn't know how to use his calendar. Anyways, you can add events on your google calendar, yahoo, facebook, etc. on your desktop and sync them onto your Palm phone. So why not have a webOS powered calendar that you can write on (using a stylus of some sort) just like a normal calendar that you could sync to multiple palm devices? it was just a thought. It would have a day, week, month, and year view and you could set it to read you your schedule for the day or any particular date, as well as have it remind you of appointments, etc. in advance to your choosing. This was just an idea. I'll edit later with a concept drawing. The programming would be left up to hpalm, I presume, or anyone who would be willing to give it a try.

    Any thoughts? Would you buy it? Is it a good idea, etc?
    "I'm just here so I don't get fined." -Marshawn Lynch
  2. #2  
    If all Palm devices are tied in with the same Google calendar then they would be all synced.
  3. #3  
    Or, you can all have your own Google calendars and opt to have them displayed together in your calendar. (different colours even).
  4. #4  
    Yes, this 'cloud-based' calendaring capability has been available for ~5 years now on Windows Mobile, Blackberry, iPhone, Android and webOS. My wife and I rely on it heavily to synchronize our busy and often competing calendars.
  5. Traxion's Avatar
    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Yes, this 'cloud-based' calendaring capability has been available for ~5 years now on Windows Mobile, Blackberry, iPhone, Android and webOS. My wife and I rely on it heavily to synchronize our busy and often competing calendars.
    +1. My wife and I sync everything via google calendar. I add my stuff and she adds hers and we also have our stuff. That way she doesnt have to nag me about our baby's doctors appointment or dinner with her family, I just get an alert. Plus with each individual having their own color on the calendar, it makes everything a breeze
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

    Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
  6. #6  
    haha yeah My gf and I share our google calender as well.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    haha yeah My gf and I share our google calender as well.
    Wow! That's a serious commitment!
  8. #8  
    a good idea would be to have a pad on fridge that syncs with your webOS device. You can place to do lists or calander events on it. Perfect and so web OS
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    a good idea would be to have a pad on fridge that syncs with your webOS device. You can place to do lists or calander events on it. Perfect and so web OS
    lol, yeah! this will be one of the great features of the upcoming webOS based fridge-to-life integration. maybe it will add milk to a memo for me when it feels the weight of what's on the milk shelf get low...

    this is all not a joke.
  10. Traxion's Avatar
    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #10  
    Perhaps HP will make a WebOS power fridge!! Problem solved lol.
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

    Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
  11. #11  
    You guys laugh about WebOS-powered appliances, but I was discussing with a colleague (who happens to drink a lot of Apple juice) how certain upcoming tech will change a lot of how we do things. For example, the touch-screen tech that HP has been touting could go on the wall in several places in your home. Linked in with appliances and using either identifying lapel pins or face-identification cameras, notices, alerts, and other information could follow you around the house, adjusted for context according to the room. You could stop at any of a half-dozen places in the house to pull up some information, jot a note, or perform some form of communication (IM, text, phone, whatever).

    It's getting off the thread topic, but we both agreed that a few years from now, our homes will look little like they do today.
  12. Traxion's Avatar
    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Blank View Post
    You guys laugh about WebOS-powered appliances, but I was discussing with a colleague (who happens to drink a lot of Apple juice) how certain upcoming tech will change a lot of how we do things. For example, the touch-screen tech that HP has been touting could go on the wall in several places in your home. Linked in with appliances and using either identifying lapel pins or face-identification cameras, notices, alerts, and other information could follow you around the house, adjusted for context according to the room. You could stop at any of a half-dozen places in the house to pull up some information, jot a note, or perform some form of communication (IM, text, phone, whatever).

    It's getting off the thread topic, but we both agreed that a few years from now, our homes will look little like they do today.
    Im not saying it won't someday be that way. Heck MS Surface already has potential to see when a glass on the table is low on beverage. You can place your order right there on the table while surfing the web. Endless possibilites, just not practical at the moment. I am a firm believer that in the next 10 years that tech will change dramastically, appliances included.... I just dont know if HP will be building them.
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

    Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
  13. #13  
    A better idea is to have voice to text.
  14. #14  
    but that would be a 70-100 dollar calendar..but really how would they make it just a calendar and not have other webos features on it..but if they did that it would be an under priced tablet.

    Somewhere in the future...when webos is the worlds leading mobile OS, you will be able to take a photo of a post-it with times, dates and events on, and it will add them to a calendar. Calling it now

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions