1.    #1  
    If it's going to be released on VZW in Ocober:

will it suffer from hardware issues like we saw with the Pre/Pre Plus?

will Palm and VZW have worked out any GPS issues?

Hopefully anything they release in October (IF they do) will be a polished product. The only thing worse than not releasing anything new would be to release a device that suffers from the same flaws as its predecessor.
    No way of knowing. The Verizon GPS issues are something that affect other phones as well, such as the Galaxy S.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    If it's going to be released on VZW in Ocober:

will it suffer from hardware issues like we saw with the Pre/Pre Plus?

will Palm and VZW have worked out any GPS issues?

Hopefully anything they release in October (IF they do) will be a polished product. The only thing worse than not releasing anything new would be to release a device that suffers from the same flaws as its predecessor.
    There has been absolutely nothing but rumors up to this point. Your guess is as good as anyone else's on this forum.
    and that's why people need to chill and let hp/palm produce a quality product.

yes I want a new device as much as everyone else.. But let them do their work so they can nail it

I'm starting to think that no matter what palm or hp does/comes out with.. It won't matter. With all this bleeding negativity/sense of entitlement around here.

please keep in mind the average person doesn't care what the internals are in phones or anything like that.

to the avg joe.. All they want are 3 things:
    a) a good build quality
    b) something popular so they can 'fit in' with the rest of the crowd
    c) something that looks good

some people think that hp or palm needs to release something so good that your phone could see jupiter.. But that won't matter. Its been seen the last day or 2 that people still don't really know the difference between cdma, gsm, wimax or lte
    Last edited by kjb86; 09/28/2010 at 04:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    and that's why people need to chill and let hp/palm produce a quality product.

yes I want a new device as much as everyone else.. But let them do their work so they can nail it

I'm starting to think that no matter what palm or hp does/comes out with.. It won't matter. With all this bleeding negativity/sense of entitlement around here.

please keep in mind the average person doesn't care what the internals are in phones or anything like that.

to the avg joe.. All they want are 3 things:
    a) a good build quality
    b) something popular so they can 'fit in' with the rest of the crowd
    c) something that looks good

some people think that hp or palm needs to release something so good that your phone could see jupiter.. But that won't matter. Its been seen the last day or 2 that people still don't really know the difference between cdma, gsm, wimax or lte
    Pre does the last 2..but failed horribly on the first.

That slider concept someone did on the pre2 is my ideal new palm phone
    I am not sure what hardware issues that you saw in the Pre Plus but I have not had any hardware problems with my Verizon launch day Pre Plus. As far as the GPS issue, my communications with Verizon and the FCC have me convinced that Verizon has deliberately blocked aGPS to be able to market their Verizon Navigator service. They are in denial that the problem exists and are not likely to fix it until they are forced to do so by legal action.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~