Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone else seen this?? On HP's website, you can see the presentation Todd Bradley - the guy at HP who loves WebOS - is giving today! There are 3 slides about WebOS!
    Go to the link, and click on "Extending the Frontiers of Profitable Growth"

HP Investor Relations - HP Securities Analyst Meeting 2010
    Twitter: adamcarter
    Slides 9-12 are the money slides, for sure. HP seems to be genuinely interested in WebOS and, according to slide 10, will be putting WebOS on pretty much anything that could need it.

Now if only they'd release a damn phone...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by nbmatt View Post
    Slides 9-12 are the money slides, for sure. HP seems to be genuinely interested in WebOS and, according to slide 10, will be putting WebOS on pretty much anything that could need it.

Now if only they'd release a damn phone...
    I know - I'm hoping they announce something today! If not, then at least this is certainly paving the way for some sort of announcement pretty soon!
    I'm not holding my breath for any sort of announcement today. The meeting seems to be focused more on their money-making strategies to appease some investors and analysts than it does to reveal any products, haha.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vtboyarc View Post
    Has anyone else seen this?? On HP's website, you can see the presentation Todd Bradley - the guy at HP who loves WebOS - is giving today! There are 3 slides about WebOS!
    Go to the link, and click on "Extending the Frontiers of Profitable Growth"

HP Investor Relations - HP Securities Analyst Meeting 2010
    wow, great find!
    Slide 11 is important - "Scales seamlessly across multiple screen sizes and devices"
    Quote Originally Posted by rlangley21 View Post
    Slide 11 is important - "Scales seamlessly across multiple screen sizes and devices"
    I got excited about that too. but it could simply mean that it scales seamlessly to a printer screen or a tablet, which we already know about. I would love a slab style phone, or a epic design.
    Moto Razr>>BlackBerry 8703e>>Moto Q>>Blackberry Curve 8330>>Blackberry Storm>>Palm Pre +
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by susanoo26 View Post
    wow, great find!
    Thank you! I was pretty excited!

Yes, that was relieving to see - hopefully that means a phone with a bigger screen, but the same stuff we have will still work with it!
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Well it seems in 2015 (slide 10) Sprint still has the same ole' Pre :sadface:
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by callen10 View Post
    I got excited about that too. but it could simply mean that it scales seamlessly to a printer screen or a tablet, which we already know about. I would love a slab style phone, or a epic design.
    I'm with you. I think multiple form factors for phones gives the best options to people who are looking for phones. They are used to seeing slabs like the fruit phone and multiple sliders and slabs from the googs. Give them a little of everything to compete the best.

Quote Originally Posted by vtboyarc View Post
    Yes, that was relieving to see - hopefully that means a phone with a bigger screen, but the same stuff we have will still work with it!
    I think a 4" screen is the sweet spot.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I thought it was also nice to see the comment on one slide:

*Accelerated investments in product development to expand sales for HP Palm products*

I even like that he still calls it "HP Palm."
    well hopefully he takes the ceo role. He seems to want to help develop and really push weos on all platforms

Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    I thought it was also nice to see the comment on one slide:

*Accelerated investments in product development to expand sales for HP Palm products*

I even like that he still calls it "HP Palm."
    something that I'm wondering about now... in slide 11 (i think) it shows a picture of a car.... could we have a webOS interface in the car??

Edit: it's slide 10 on 2015 section
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    something that I'm wondering about now... in slide 11 (i think) it shows a picture of a car.... could we have a webOS interface in the car??
    Touchstone connector in the car to charge and stream Slacker Radio to the stereo perhaps?
    Touchstone connector in the car to charge and stream Slacker Radio to the stereo perhaps?
    Bah your probably right but it would be cool if like Onstar or SYNC we had webOS in a car.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Bah your probably right but it would be cool if like Onstar or SYNC we had webOS in a car.
    I wouldn't put past HP to try and put together something like Ford sync using webOS. But this would be something far down the road.

Whats my take away from this is that HP intends to make webOS ubiquitous in our tech lives. If they can pull off half of that it will make any business think about adopting webOS since it will work seamlessly in a corporation.
    I agree...

Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    I wouldn't put past HP to try and put together something like Ford sync using webOS. But this would be something far down the road.

Whats my take away from this is that HP intends to make webOS ubiquitous in our tech lives. If they can pull off half of that it will make any business think about adopting webOS since it will work seamlessly in a corporation.
    YES YES YES!
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I don't have a Rovio Camera, but app looks pretty cool. Sorry for the thread creep.
    I'm with you. I think multiple form factors for phones gives the best options to people who are looking for phones. They are used to seeing slabs like the fruit phone and multiple sliders and slabs from the googs. Give them a little of everything to compete the best.

I think a 4" screen is the sweet spot.
    Actually its been scientifically proven that the sweet spot for a phone screen is 3.768547" approximately.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast