1.    #1  
    I am working at the Texas State Fair as a vendor. i had a guy who came in my booth to do a demonstration on the product i am selling and part of my demo i will use a cell phone. when i pulled mine out he had to look and see what phone i had and carrier. the lady who was with him mentioned he in into phones and had to see what i had because of his business. so i asked what he did, he over sees several Verizon Wireless stores so i can only assume he is some sort of regional manager or something.

of course it lead to a conversation about webOS and he commented its his favorite OS and the one he uses when in the stores. so i jokingly asked when the next palm product is coming out. he took a second to think and commented the first half of november. i laughed a little and called a little b.s. and asked why i have not seen any leaked photos or anything.

he just said 2.0 is supposed to be out on Verizon sometime in late october and the new hardware will have it when it is released in november

i dont know if any of this is true, i am only passing a story i was given to you because i love this community.

i can say i do hope its true. i asked about specs and he said he had not seen any but the phone has been discussed in meetings.

i can only hope as i am about to get the new Samsung Epic as soon as my screen finishes cracking from the USB port

i know you will bash me for posting this as B.S. and i really dont care because i dont know if its true myself, i just wated to give any info i found out.
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    We can only hope, right?
    Maybe hes on Precentral too...This guy at radioshack told me the samething and he said he got the info off this site called "Precentral". I just laughed inside and walked away.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    @Buzzard Jr I was born in Dallas but lived in Denton until I was 8. I havent been back but its awesome to see that someone from there on precentral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    i know you will bash me for posting this as B.S. and i really dont care because i dont know if its true myself, i just wated to give any info i found out.
    Thanks for sharing. I thought: o Je not a another "what (must)will it looks like".
    But this is just what happened to you.
    This is what a community is for. Sharing information.
    thanks for the intel
    let's all stay positive and refrain from the usual "pics or it didn't happen" flames.

I appreciate the OP and I'm really hoping he is right.
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I propose this as ryley's new avatar:
    http://cdn.nationalsafetycommission....low/merge2.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I propose this as ryley's new avatar:
    http://cdn.nationalsafetycommission....low/merge2.gif
    Either he needs to use that or....

1) H/Palm needs to come out with a new phone
    2) The app catalog needs to get fixed

Whichever comes first!
    30 days left till this is debunked, but we don't even have a public beta sdk yet just a developer alpha. So unless Palm isnt going to be doing any outside testing I don't see this happening.
    I would hope someone that manages Verizon stores wouldn't be getting rumors from a website and spreading them... that doesn't make any sense, haha.

I also will rage if Verizon gets the exclusive rights to the next Palm phone and not Sprint. Sprint is the only carrier that supports data usage anymore and it would be a damn shame to have to switch.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/28/2010 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Language
    Read the 3rd link again - that was supposed to happen 2 weeks ago, right?
    All we have is hope, since nothing official has come out at any point about a new device.

It's like someone already said - HP's not likely to release 2.0 and new hardware without extensive outside testing (devs). That hasn't happened yet...
    there were many rumors of a new pre in october,november time frame. The op's story gives hope to them rumors,espeically with stuff that came out yesterday that sent the forum buzzing. Good stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    thanks for the intel
    You may not know, but I'm german. What stands "intel" for except a chip company?
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    You may not know, but I'm german. What stands "intel" for except a chip company?
    It's short for "intelligence," another word for information that has been gathered.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    intel=inteligence as in finding out secret info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    intel = intelligence = information
    you beat me to it,,lol
    thanks for the info
    There are four lights.