Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    So, we now have what appears to almost be a confirmation of new devices soon. That being said, I have yet to see a thread with what specs you would like to see them have?

So here we go for me:
    1 GHz Hummingbird at a minimum.
    512+ MB Ram
    6+ GB storage plus a microSD card slot
    same vertical slider design as the pre
    and of course a Super AMOLED Display no larger than 3.5" - 3.8"

As far as WebOS 2.0, the only things I really want are Visual Voicemail support (still very very mad that my instinct had this and my pre doesn't) and data transfer over either Bluetooth or WiFi.

Also, a device that supports the touchstone I already have would be nice.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/28/2010 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Language - keep it PG-13 please
    I want it to have a dedupe function LOL

http://forums.precentral.net/future-...-hardware.html

but seriously, what I want is something the size and responsiveness of the iphone. I don't care about specs, I care about responsiveness of the phone.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    The only reason I made this thread, is because that one started off by someone trashing the Palm devices. I however am praising them.
    Sprint Palm Pre
    Sprint Palm Pixi
    1 GHz+
    512+ MB Ram
    8+ GB storage plus a microSD card slot
    virtual keyboard
    Super AMOLED Display 3.8" or larger
    must look great
    be thin
    battery has to last at least 2x as long as the Pre
    it's all good. someone will stop in here and start trashing eventually. seems to be the favorite activity lately.

A bigger screen and construction from something other than plastic are the only things I'd change from the Pre I have now. that's why I say iPhone-size because that's perfect for my old eyes.

the specs that have been speculated for the roadrunnerHD rumors would be great, IMHO
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I like a physical keyboard. I also like the screen sizi on the iphone 4 or Evo, so something like an iphone 4 with webOs and a sliding keyboard. Battery life is important. The graphics and functionality has to be smooth, so give it plenty of power when needed and the ability to go to sleep when not. Power management will be extremely important to keep size downa and power up. An SD card slot for expanded storage and wifi. That's it
    I want it to have everything a smartphone could possiblly have. That being said,i am sure I will be more then happy with anything it has,seeing as though my pre already does everything I need and more.
    An early release date would be great.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    decent camera, and full OBEX bluetooth.
    and better battery life
    I want it to just ooze with awesome, and sexyness! And possible come with some food... I'm hungry.
    I wanted to put this up to find out from everyone as to what they would like to see in the next Palm/Webos phone (if we ever get one). Hopefully we will see at least 3 of the 5 form factors, vertical slider, horizontal slider, candybar, all touchscreen, and a horizontal flip up (something like the env touch)

So, everyone just post their ideas on this thread and I will merge all of them up here and I will be sure to give credit to everyone for their ideas!
    I will not poat my answer, but rather offer this instead:

http://m.forums.precentral.net/futur...ices-have.html
    3.5" high res display (at least as good as the iPhone)
    64gb storage
    1ghz dual core processor
    512+mb ram
    1500 mah battery (or one that'll at least allow for the 7hrs usage, 10hrs standby I'm getting currently with my iPhone)
    Vertical slider with a slightly bigger keyboard than the current pre but clicky like the pixi
    5 megapixel camera with 1080p video recorder
    Front facing camera
    Incredible build quality
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    +150000000000
    and SD slot
    It should have a great OS and multi tasking like the BB Playbook...lol.
    More solid construction, either through a solid body design like Apple or better materials. One should not have to replace their phone multiple times over a two-year period because of poor quality componentry.
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    3.5" high res display (at least as good as the iPhone)
    64gb storage
    1ghz dual core processor
    512+mb ram
    1500 mah battery (or one that'll at least allow for the 7hrs usage, 10hrs standby I'm getting currently with my iPhone)
    Vertical slider with a slightly bigger keyboard than the current pre but clicky like the pixi
    5 megapixel camera with 1080p video recorder
    Front facing camera
    Incredible build quality
    I could live with this. But 64GB is a bit much. I'd rather have a SD Slot instead.
    As long as it's a slider and not a slate, and I can hold and operate with one hand, I'm happy.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    What is official about this thread?
    The title.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I love the form factor of the Pre, so no changes to the idea of a portrait slider.

Screen: I would want to see a screen ratio of 16:9 with around double the current amount of pixels with a small bump up in screen size. This would make the phone wider for a larger physical keyboard and larger battery. OLED type display tech for better battery life and colors. I emphasize a small bump up on size, I still want it to be comfortable in the hand, I don't want a Droid/Evo size and feel.

Materials: glass and metal; no glossy plastic and nothing flimsy.

The phone still has to feel good in the hand with the screen/materials upgrade.

Buttons: I want an additional button on both the left and right spine of the device ala Blackberry with user-selectable functions. I want a nice, solid click to all buttons. I prefer to keep the center card-view button on the new device. I want the center card-view button to have multiple LED colors for various customizable indications/notifications. If there is no center button, then an LED indicator somewhere. I like the design of the vibrate-mode switch on the Pixi.

Upgraded hardware: I'm not talking about processors, memory, and camera, that's obvious (well, a better LED flash for the camera is not so obvious, which can also be used as a flashlight, but I digress...). I'm talking about speaker-phone, ear-piece, noise-cancelling microphones, USB 3.0 data transfer, Dolby headset jack, and the like. Bluetooth 3.0 or 4.0 (and more bluetooth profiles). I actually like the USB port on the side of the Pre, but prefer it be on the back half instead of the front (screen) half. The curvature of the slide has to go.

Additional hardware: let's add a digital compass, RFID chip, a TV tuner (Mobile DTV not MediaFLO), HD Radio, how about a solar panel (remember those calculators?), maybe a standardized accessory port (apart from the USB) and/or an HDMI port, maybe a bar-code scanner (which is really a better camera with software support); and say what you will, I would like to see the infrared port make a comeback if only to replace my remotes. I've seen Casio watches with barometers, I can't see why that wouldn't fit in a cellphone. Additional API's to go with the new hardware, duh.

Software: We know that 2.0, more apps, more API's, etc, is coming. We all want those awesome homebrew patches incorporated into WebOS. I'm hoping for upgraded PIM apps sooner rather than later. On the other hand, I still want a desktop application as another option for data transfer/backup; maybe something that's even integrated with Amazon.

If Palm were to incorporate any one of the above ideas, I would be grateful. I offer these ideas to Palm royalty free.
    Last edited by RafRol; 09/27/2010 at 11:12 PM.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast