Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    As a n00b, this is all wishful thinking lol Anyways...

1.5 GHz Marvell Tri-core processor (whether vertical/horizontal slider, candybar, slab)
    512+ MB RAM (preferably 1GB)
    5 MP+ Camera (anything decent, really. The iPhone 4 is only 5 MP but takes great pictures)
    1080p video recording and playing
    16/32 GB storage or 8 GB with expandable microSD slot up to 32 GB
    I'm not too concerned about the keyboard for I've used the MyTouch's vitural keyboard while the screen is not much larger than the Pre's and I found it easy to use.
    3.5" to 4.0" screen, of course depending on the form factor.

Object push/data transfer via BT
    Downloadable/installable themes (similar to Sony's PSP where you could download themes and keep them all on the device and easily switch between them)
    Optional virtual keyboard for devices with physical ones
    A way to manage what goes into the cloud and what is synced with your phone with every backup and sync
    As Cantaffordit mentioned above, the responsiveness of the iphone.
    Inbox option for hotmail
    Voice command would be nice
    Audio text messages and emails (similar to how the EVO can read you your emails)
    Ability to download and save audio and video files via email and text messages
    I would love a desktop client. (You add files on your desktop to your client such as mp3s, word documents, etc., press "sync" and it adds those files to your Hpalm smartphone. For FREE)
    Built-in compass
    Much, much better battery life

I love my pre and how, thanks to the homebrew community, it can just about keep up with the iphone 4 and the EVO. Hopefully Hpalm will release a device that will have Apple and the others attempting to play keep-up with us
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Phresh View Post
    As a n00b, this is all wishful thinking lol Anyways...
    Not bad for a "n00b".
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    I would like a virtual keyboard for landscape browsing the most. I really annoys me to have the rotate the phone for light typing tasks.
    i'm an easy guy
    just bump up the specs (well real bump!!!)
    and do a smartphone that do not suffer of:
    auto off when it please.
    audio jack problems
    oreo and poor build quality in general (we lived with it too long, and btw we remained faithful in spite of everything)
    A release date.
    i want mine to spit chocolate and **** rainbows, and i dont think thats too much to ask.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmleonar View Post
    i want mine to spit chocolate and **** rainbows, and i dont think thats too much to ask.
    There's a patch for that.
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I like it, but could do w/o the solar panel.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnaMayShun View Post
    I could live with this. But 64GB is a bit much. I'd rather have a SD Slot instead.
    Eh, I'd much rather have a larger internal storage and not have to worry about swapping out cards and stuff. How about both? You hear that hp, two forum members have compromised on the storage on the next webos phone, now get to it!
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    <<Threads Merged/Renamed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Just posted on Gizmodo...
    The Verizon Samsung Continuum Is a Samsung Galaxy S Android Phone With Two OLED Displays

I like the idea of a small second screen for notifications and widget-like functions and such.
    I want it to be fast and look cool but not have uber largeness
    Auto-focus camera & at least a dual core CPU
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    1. Same form factor
    2. Slightly larger screen
    3. ~300ppi display
    4. 256GB memristor (as both ram AND storage)
    5. Flash (I know that's software)
    6. FloTV receiver
    7. Front Facing Camera
    8. 1.2 ghz dual core processor
    9. HDMI out
    10. Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse capability
    11. Hulu (Yeah, I know that's software, too)
    12. Battery that lasts at least 16 hours of heavy usage.
    13. Auto-focus camera, with ability to manually focus (including macro).
    14. LTE radio

OK, so it's more like a dream/wish list, but as long as we're pondering...
    Quote Originally Posted by noahisaac View Post
    1. Same form factor
    2. Slightly larger screen
    3. ~300ppi display
    4. 256GB memristor (as both ram AND storage)
    5. Flash (I know that's software)
    6. FloTV receiver
    7. Front Facing Camera
    8. 1.2 ghz dual core processor
    9. HDMI out
    10. Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse capability
    11. Hulu (Yeah, I know that's software, too)
    12. Battery that lasts at least 16 hours of heavy usage.
    13. Auto-focus camera, with ability to manually focus (including macro).
    14. LTE radio

OK, so it's more like a dream/wish list, but as long as we're pondering...

Yeah...good luck with 12. With all that other stuff, you're probably looking at more like 16 minutes.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    > 12. Battery that lasts at least 16 hours of heavy usage.

Yeah...good luck with 12. With all that other stuff, you're probably looking at more like 16 minutes.
    If it was a fuel cell instead of a battery, it would be possible. Instant "charging", too! Or maybe one of the ultracapacitor makers could get their butts in gear.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Size: a bit larger than the PRE but smaller than EVO or EPIC. What I realyl want is something great that will bring life back to WebOS and will make it the hot platform for app development. I don't care much about "specs" as long as it's good.
    Mine would be about two inches more in screen size, and have a better slider mechanism with a little bigger keyboard. A totally different form factor.. for sure. Both hardware and virtual keyboard ~ 1Gz processor, and all the features that we are currently missing out on right now.
    4" screen, 1.5 ghz processor (wait for next year to launch it), both hard and virtual keyboard, slider (to reduce length), no button all gesture area on the bottom of the screen, bigger battery, comes with a TS-ready back so all you have to do is buy the TS, no USB door and put it on the bottom, move the headphone jack to the bottom as well, front and back-facing cameras...AND...

MAKE IT FREE WITHOUT A CONTRACT! (We're playing make-believe, right?)
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Mine would be about two inches more in screen size, and have a better slider mechanism with a little bigger keyboard. A totally different form factor.. for sure. Both hardware and virtual keyboard ~ 1Gz processor, and all the features that we are currently missing out on right now.
    I would cooccur with you Rush. I would just ask for better wi-fi and 3G networking.
    Loving my Palm Pixi everyday.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast