Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    Notice that when the ReleaseMyPre guy came around, things that we wanted started to come into things we had?

    He told palm/hp to release specs for their new device. Now we start getting notifications that new device models may be "creeping out", among other things.

    He posts a video telling at&t/verizon (along with the twitter rebellion) to release 1.4.5. and we get it.

    Me thinks he is more than we think he is
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/27/2010 at 11:48 AM. Reason: title clarification
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
  2. #2  
    It was really only a matter of time, I would not go as far to credit releasemypre guy for the recent info and updates.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    It was really only a matter of time, I would not go as far to credit releasemypre guy for the recent info and updates.
    I don't think the OP is accrediting these things to releasemypre, but rather suggesting that he is somehow involved with Palm. Or I'm just misreading.

    Pip
  4. #4  
    It's called coincidence.... But I appreciate is effort nonetheless. :-)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    It's called coincidence.... But I appreciate is effort nonetheless. :-)
    It could be a coincidence, but two updates on the same subject that he released videos demanding?

    True it could be to early to tell. Guess we will wait for his next vid.
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I don't think the OP is accrediting these things to releasemypre, but rather suggesting that he is somehow involved with Palm. Or I'm just misreading.

    Pip
    Not misreading. Spot on

    And whoever decided to change my Topic name, haha i love it.
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
  7. #7  
    btw to @rush, how are you a "tazzminator"? I thought berdinkerdickle owned that distinction...

    Rush's response..
    I'm a Tazzmrator with a evil smile... Meaning one man against the world. No association to berdinkerdickle distinction. >:-)
  8. #8  
    releasemypre is in no way associated with my finding TUV certification records which have probably been accessible for weeks now.

    -- Rod
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    releasemypre is in no way associated with my finding TUV certification records which have probably been accessible for weeks now.

    -- Rod
    That doesnt mean he didnt know they were out there... haha
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
  10. #10  
    If you're Palm, and you know exactly when things are gonna happen, it's easy to put a balaclava on a guy and post a video two days before a thing is going to happen.

    If you're not Palm and have no clue, and think that the guy is working on his own, you may even think that Palm reacted to the guy's demands when a thing does happen.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei VI View Post
    Notice that when the ReleaseMyPre guy came around, things that we wanted started to come into things we had?

    He told palm/hp to release specs for their new device. Now we start getting notifications that new device models may be "creeping out", among other things.

    He posts a video telling at&t/verizon (along with the twitter rebellion) to release 1.4.5. and we get it.

    Me thinks he is more than we think he is
    Do you think, instead, maybe he times his "rants" around events that are inevitable? Think about it, dude: HP isn't going to listen to a kid sitting in his parent's basement demanding a second-tier cell phone manufacturer bend to his desires. Think about it.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei VI View Post
    It could be a coincidence, but two updates on the same subject that he released videos demanding?

    True it could be to early to tell. Guess we will wait for his next vid.
    Are you sure there are going to be more videos? I mean we all saw him getting taken out by Ruby in the last one...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  13. #13  
    Who is that masked man, anyway?

    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  14. #14  
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Ruby made a cameo in one to actually announce the next phone?! How cool would that be to see him get in on these and use them for the official release!
  15. #15  
    that would be very cool
  16. #16  
    Ski-mask Guy was hired by Palm last year for their Release My Pre viral campaign that started in April 2009. Just search P|C for news from that time and the forum thread they link to for the story behind it. They started the campaign to make the rediculously long wait for the Pre more enjoyable. It's no coincidence that in his final video he said Palm would announce the Pre's release date that week, and sure enough, Palm did.

Posting Permissions