Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44
  1. #21  
    OP has to be a giant troll.
  2. mpfef's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    #22  
    This is one of the most uninformed, useless threads created here in weeks, and that's saying a lot.

    None of us on here knows the ins and outs of HP/Palm's supply chain, what they have and haven't submitted to the FCC, what components have and haven't been ordered and what production lines may or may not already be running.

    The ONLY thing we know is that 2 products, with model numbers consistent with the other Palm phones were submitted to TUV for certification. (along with an apparently new car charger and touchstone). THAT'S IT!
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Maybe they are already sitting in a FedEx warehouse in Kentucky
    Just an educated guess,but the FedEx warehouse would likely be at their main airline hub in Memphis,Tennessee, while the main UPS airline hub is located in Louisville,Kentucky.
  4. Traxion's Avatar
    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKy View Post
    Just an educated guess,but the FedEx warehouse would likely be at their main airline hub in Memphis,Tennessee, while the main UPS airline hub is located in Louisville,Kentucky.
    Umm.... Did somebody say.... raid?
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

    Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    I think one of the major points everyone is missing is the length of production needed to build an inventory.

    For example:

    Palm needs a phone inventory of 250,000 phones.

    A factory works 24 hours a day and can build 100 phones a hour.

    That is 2400 phones a day.

    That would be it would over 104 days to produce enough inventory.

    Even if we know what the phone is tomorrow, I just can't see how a new phone is released before January.
    I just hope there is a new phone soon...before february
    Twitter: adamcarter
  6. Dtone's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    #26  
    Its almost impossible to be in final production of hundreds of thousands of phones and no word of a phone is leaked anywhere. (or any product of interest). So I don't believe H/Palm has already begun phone production in any major way, maybe some prototypes or test units but thats it.
    An announcement soon is possible (but im def not holding my breath) but an imminent release of a new H/Palm phone is extremely unlikely.
  7. dtreo's Avatar
    Posts
    131 Posts
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    I think one of the major points everyone is missing is the length of production needed to build an inventory.

    For example:

    Palm needs a phone inventory of 250,000 phones.

    A factory works 24 hours a day and can build 100 phones a hour.

    That is 2400 phones a day.

    That would be it would over 104 days to produce enough inventory.

    Even if we know what the phone is tomorrow, I just can't see how a new phone is released before January.

    Umm...I was told there would be no math.

    You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtone View Post
    Its almost impossible to be in final production of hundreds of thousands of phones and no word of a phone is leaked anywhere. (or any product of interest). So I don't believe H/Palm has already begun phone production in any major way, maybe some prototypes or test units but thats it.
    An announcement soon is possible (but im def not holding my breath) but an imminent release of a new H/Palm phone is extremely unlikely.


    whos to say that EVERY SINGLE PERSON whos working inside the HPalm factory/factories didnt have to sign a disclosure document, informing them that anything they say about pending devices can be held against them/may lead to jail time? i think thats completely plausible especially with what will be such a HUGE release/DEBUT for the new company. but all that aside, u may be 100% right and i be 100% not right(i think not right sounds a lot better than wrong hahaha), but i like to look at this as the glass half full and that this is yet ANOTHER leak in its most infant state of great things to come from HPalm and who knos, maybe something is right around the corner...

    ps- microsoft is making an anouncement on Oct 10th for WP7, and Oct 21st was the day i said to look out for, and it works perfectly being a week and a half after the WP7 announcement and then right before the weekend...
  9. #29  
    op must think these things get hand made or something ..
  10. #30  
    There are some aspects of assembly by hand, such as cable connections, but they are a very tiny piece, and only because the cost of robots to handle all the different designs is much higher than the cost of manual labor to perform the same tasks.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by eggroks View Post
    op must think these things get hand made or something ..
    Hand built by TROLLS!!!! lol
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  12. #32  
    Apparently no one here is familiar with Apple and Foxconn. In case you're not, with 200,000 employees at Foxconn, it produces around 200,000 iPhones a day.

    http://news.xinhuanet.com/english201...c_13426617.htm
    Last edited by barkerja; 09/27/2010 at 06:18 PM.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Apparently no one here is familiar with Apple and Foxconn. In case you're not, with 200,000 employees at Foxconn, it produces around 200,000 iPhones a day.

    New Foxconn factory in central China begins production with hope of peace, prosperity
    HP uses foxconn, no?
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by mpfef View Post
    This is one of the most uninformed, useless threads created here in weeks, and that's saying a lot.
    ...
    The ONLY thing we know is that 2 products, with model numbers consistent with the other Palm phones were submitted to TUV for certification ...
    Waitaminnit now, we all had it on "good authority" that there was not going to be two devices, only one. I know I read that somewhere.... Oh yeah, here it is:

    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    The problem with your numbers is that samsung has what 50 different phones?

    HPalm will have one.
    ...
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Hand built by TROLLS!!!! lol
    Better yet Pygmi trolls !!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  16. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    #36  
    Where is Kupe? I am used to his logic bringing me back down to earth. I haven't heard him comment on today's events.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    HP uses foxconn, no?
    My point is … Apple, being the second largest company in the world (by market value) is only able to pump out 200,000 phones a day.

    And does HP employ Foxconn? I don't know … you tell me.
    Last edited by barkerja; 09/28/2010 at 12:51 AM.
  18. #38  
    can we get a mod to lock this thread?
  19. #39  
    So are we at 99 days and counting now? ;-)
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

  20. #40  
    cant we make this thread die? It could not have a more baseless premise or be more devoid of facts.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions