Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    hey people Ive been with sprint for 12 years, and alot of times im not elgiable to upgrade to get that 150 off, but I pull that tenior card, or leave the company card and I always get it. Try that, thats the only reason I stayed with sprint so long they will give it to you if you really ask and push for it, or worst case open a new line buy the phone swap that new phone on your main line put that line on seasonal. I pay 3 dollars a month on that line.
    my word - it's like a piranha tank in here! A single drop of blood and ...

All sounds good though - I have ~14 months on my contract still, so I can afford to sit back, relax and watch. It's like having seats for the Colosseum.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have NaN posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan_twite View Post
    my word - it's like a piranha tank in here! A single drop of blood and ...

All sounds good though - I have ~14 months on my contract still, so I can afford to sit back, relax and watch. It's like having seats for the Colosseum.
    lol I heard that, me too homie
    my upgrade is december first,,,i love it when a plan comes together.
    I've been due for an upgrade for two months now. Just built my 1ghz sprint pre+ so gotta get some use outta that before this comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckywildcats View Post
    I am slightly dissapointed that it's 102 and not 201...to me a 201 designation would imply a significant upgrade compared to 102. I hope I am wrong.
    For the record Pixi was originally designated as P200EWW before the change to P120EWW. And the Pixi is certainly NOT an upgrade to the Pre.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    Exactly! A "pre2" for all carriers. Hopefully it will make it up north soon after the launch in US!
    Hopefully Bell wouldn't F this one up and make it CDMA.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Quote Originally Posted by ferriskeanu View Post
    If these are new upgrades then it looks like they could possibly stick with the "Palm" name and not the "HP" prefix...
    I always thought "Palm by HP" would work...

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    For the record Pixi was originally designated as P200EWW before the change to P120EWW. And the Pixi is certainly NOT an upgrade to the Pre.
    true, but to me lets hope for the best when it comes to a smartphone. We should only think that not only the leftover Palm team, and HP as a giant organization would not dare release anything, running anything, that would be looked at as inferior. I myself cant remember anybody who has done so, except maybe RIM with that torch nonsense, though RIM dosent have money or a world wide reputation LIKE HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    interesting, HP has a fcc filing for wifi frequency on 08/05/2010 2 days after the tuv grant date the details are conf. Until the end of 12/2010 !!
    Is it under HP's grantee code or Palm's (O8F)?

Is it under HP's grantee code or Palm's (O8F)?
    HP fcc ID B94SDGOB1081

its for DTS on the wifi freq. whats interesting is that it has confidentialy till years end, which wouldn't be the case if it where just another product from HP (laptop or netbook)

edit: its for the zeen not a new palm phone
    Last edited by abegee; 09/27/2010 at 11:42 AM.
    my question in regards to these filings:

P102UNA (GSM) – Cert #72090412 – Issued on August 3, 2010
    P102EWW (CDMA) – Cert #72090412 – Issued on August 3, 2010
    Inductive Battery Charger – Cert #72090250 – Issued on May 6, 2010
    Vehicle Charger – Cert #72101236 – Issued on July 26, 2010
    UNKNOWN PHONE: Cert #72090412 – Issued on July 28, 2010
    The dates from previous phones (Palm Pre/Pixi put the cert issue date and release around 2 months. This would potentially mean we may see a new device in October or maybe November (Aug -> Oct). This goes in line to what we have heard before.

the unknown device, could it maybe be the original C40 as noted at webosworld:

What Happened to the Palm c40? (UPDATED!) « WebOS World

1ghz CPU
    3.7″ glass screen
    Revamped physical keyboard
    Amazing thinness ~0.5″
    Newer versions of webOS
    5MP camera with 720p recording capabilities
    800 x 480 resolution

they might have also upgraded the specs which is what NOX was saying in his post to match these:
    4″ LCD capacitive glass screen
    8MP camera with 720p recording
    Front facing camera
    960 x 640 resolution
    DLNA support
    1.2ghz CPU

so hopefully this is what it is, two version for sprint and verizon Q4 2010, and the GSM version for overseas first then AT&T early 2011 thats my guess at least.
    my question in regards to these filings:

P102UNA (GSM) – Cert #72090412 – Issued on August 3, 2010
    P102EWW (CDMA) – Cert #72090412 – Issued on August 3, 2010
    Inductive Battery Charger – Cert #72090250 – Issued on May 6, 2010
    Vehicle Charger – Cert #72101236 – Issued on July 26, 2010
    UNKNOWN PHONE: Cert #72090412 – Issued on July 28, 2010
    The dates from previous phones (Palm Pre/Pixi put the cert issue date and release around 2 months. This would potentially mean we may see a new device in October or maybe November (Aug -> Oct). This goes in line to what we have heard before.

the unknown device, could it maybe be the original C40 as noted at webosworld:

What Happened to the Palm c40? (UPDATED!) « WebOS World

1ghz CPU
    3.7″ glass screen
    Revamped physical keyboard
    Amazing thinness ~0.5″
    Newer versions of webOS
    5MP camera with 720p recording capabilities
    800 x 480 resolution

they might have also upgraded the specs which is what NOX was saying in his post to match these:

4″ LCD capacitive glass screen
    8MP camera with 720p recording
    Front facing camera
    960 x 640 resolution
    DLNA support
    1.2ghz CPU

so hopefully this is what it is, two version for sprint and verizon Q4 2010, and the GSM version for overseas first then AT&T early 2011 thats my guess at least.
    Last edited by wellwellwell11; 09/27/2010 at 11:29 AM.
    I had a launch day Pre and Sat I finally switched to an EVO. Three days in a row of lock ups (including missing an important conference call b/c of no reminder) and two "palm profile sign outs" I had enough of my Pre (3rd replacement).

Now I am being tempted to return the EVO. Here is too hoping there is more news in the next 25 days!
    my hope is that the next phones have huge batteries... the time has come to end the battery life limitations so we can recommend these phones to regular users who won't play battery roulette and carry a touchstone in their pocket.

question about the german site: were these posts there since those July/August dates and just now noticed by Rod?

Or were they just now posted even though the certification happened back on those dates?

Just curious if this info has been sitting under our noses all this time... especially since the roadrunnerHD rumors exploded shortly after.

gj rod whitby!
    Hopefully Bell wouldn't F this one up and make it CDMA.
    haha here here. First thing I thought last night. Ill snap if it comes cdma to canada
    Quote Originally Posted by minimalposter View Post
    I had a launch day Pre and Sat I finally switched to an EVO. Three days in a row of lock ups (including missing an important conference call b/c of no reminder) and two "palm profile sign outs" I had enough of my Pre (3rd replacement).

Now I am being tempted to return the EVO. Here is too hoping there is more news in the next 25 days!
    I just returned my 3 day old Evo yesterday. I missed WebOS's gestures and ease of use. Android was just to fiddly for me.

C'mon HPalm!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    my hope is that the next phones have huge batteries... the time has come to end the battery life limitations so we can recommend these phones to regular users who won't play battery roulette and carry a touchstone in their pocket.

question about the german site: were these posts there since those July/August dates and just now noticed by Rod?

Or were they just now posted even though the certification happened back on those dates?

Just curious if this info has been sitting under our noses all this time... especially since the roadrunnerHD rumors exploded shortly after.

gj rod whitby!
    thats a good question, though Im guessing they kept it under wraps to hide the project until (lets hope this is why) they are getting ready to release the phones. Prob at this point Im more in believe of the roadrunner HD stuff, due to like you said the same time frame deves were exclaiming about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by guyjin View Post
    I just returned my 3 day old Evo yesterday. I missed WebOS's gestures and ease of use. Android was just to fiddly for me.

C'mon HPalm!
    I agree. I was trying to help a relative with his Droid2 over the weekend and I couldn't figure out how to do basic stuff without lots of trial and error. Eventually I figured out how to bookmark androidcentral.com for him and I told him to ask lots of questions on that site...

then I should him webOS and blew him away. I really think if the screen on the Pre wasn't so small, there isn't any android user I couldn't win over with a demo of webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I agree. I was trying to help a relative with his Droid2 over the weekend and I couldn't figure out how to do basic stuff without lots of trial and error. Eventually I figured out how to bookmark androidcentral.com for him and I told him to ask lots of questions on that site...

then I should him webOS and blew him away. I really think if the screen on the Pre wasn't so small, there isn't any android user I couldn't win over with a demo of webOS.
    This illustrates one of the key challenges HP/Palm face in marketing webOS 2.0 and new devices.

The ease of use and elegance of webOS is something that is best demonstrated by an experienced user and is very difficult to sum up in a 30 second commercial, or in a feature list sitting on a placard next to a display model. The "Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing." ads were the closest I've seen to actually pulling it off.
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast