Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Hopefully the new devices will make kernels obsolete... No hard feelings to the kernel developers but an 1ghz or higher phone don't need to be beef up any more. If the new phones not 1ghz than I don't want it.
    It has already been explained that mhz and ghz are not the "end all" when it comes to phones. As long as the phone is smooth and not laggy it shouldn't matter WHAT mhz the processor runs at.

And on that note, here's to hoping for a dual core 1.5ghz chip lmao.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Perhaps someone should mention to them in the comments that they forgot to cite @webosinternals as the original source of the information in their article ...

-- Rod
    Updated our original story with credit to twitter as well.
    if the device was sent in Aug. 3. Does this mean that our hopes for omap 4 dual core are out of question? Or was that chip ready for testing by then
    Quote Originally Posted by acaplinger View Post
    whooooaaaaaah!! Double Palm phones!! All the way!!! What does it mean??!!
    Took me a second to recognize the double rainbow reference...
    the dual core with speeds up to 1ghz was ready for testing and production then.
    rod,u are the man,great find. I feel bad that are many out there that need to be negitive so you must repeat the facts over and over,instead of people just comprehending what they read. This is great news today. I just feel bad for all the haters who were waiting patiently for webos to go down,,,,,,NOT!
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    To Rod and the rest of the webOS-Internals folks - MANY THANKS for keeping hope alive in the Palm community! This news and the many Apps, patches, and Kernels, have been the main factor in keeping many from giving up on Palm.

I really can't thank you guys enough!

Seems like a good time to contribute to the webOS-Internals cause.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    true GHZ isnt as major as most people think, hence the benchamrk test of the G2 for tmobile only boasting a 800mhz chipset: www.phonedog.net So to me as long as the device is optimized correctly (all the enough power to run the device without lag, and issues) Im ok with that. So this whole omap 4440 chipset which i heard most likely wont be ready for smartphone consumption this year, I hope they don't wait just for a chip like that to release these devices, since there are enough powerful chips to run webos now.
    well said. You try to help out the community and this is what happens

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    rod,u are the man,great find. I feel bad that are many out there that need to be negitive so you must repeat the facts over and over,instead of people just comprehending what they read. This is great news today. I just feel bad for all the haters who were waiting patiently for webos to go down,,,,,,NOT!
    I'm so happy I can barely work. Wouldn't it be cool if Hp/palm put multi color leds .. I just brought berry buzz for my blackberry and didn't know a led can have so many colors..
    lets hope it turns into a triple rainbow!
    It would be AWESOME if a new device could come to VZ sometime in November...unless that relationship is totally ruined.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    true GHZ isnt as major as most people think, hence the benchamrk test of the G2 for tmobile only boasting a 800mhz chipset: www.phonedog.net So to me as long as the device is optimized correctly (all the enough power to run the device without lag, and issues) Im ok with that. So this whole omap 4440 chipset which i heard most likely wont be ready for smartphone consumption this year, I hope they don't wait just for a chip like that to release these devices, since there are enough powerful chips to run webos now.
    The OMAP 4430 is scheduled to be shipping sometime in the second half of 2010. This is dual core with speeds up to 1ghz. Samples to mfrs were sent out as early as February 2009. Yes, 2009.

The 4440 isnt expected to be shipping until 2011.

The next webOS smartphone is quite likely to include an OMAP 4430, I believe.

There's a good discussion here on WebOsWorld (I contributed that article there, after researching and posting the information in a new thread here on PreCentral).

And if you want to see what TI is planning in 2011for their OMAP4 platform devices, you might want to see my post in this thread on PreCentral, and then smile, alot.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Great find, thanks WebOS Internals team! I can't wait for some new hardware, but I'm going to anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    The OMAP 4430 is scheduled to be shipping sometime in the second half of 2010. This is dual core with speeds up to 1ghz. Samples to mfrs were sent out as early as February 2009. Yes, 2009.

The 4440 isnt expected to be shipping until 2011.

The next webOS smartphone is quite likely to include an OMAP 4430, I believe.

There's a good discussion here on WebOsWorld (I contributed that article there, after researching and posting the information in a new thread here on PreCentral).

And if you want to see what TI is planning in 2011for their OMAP4 platform devices, you might want to see my post in this thread on PreCentral, and then smile, alot.

cool, so in your opinion do you think we will see new devices released this fall on carriers running the omap 4430?
    wellwellwell;

Yep. That's my opinion.

Based on when Rahul Sood implied in his August WebOSRoundup interview that Palm really liked the TI OMAP platform - I would go so far as to prognosticate that any smartphone they would put out next would likely be highly optimized for that platform, as well, especially with HP behind them, demanding performance and quality. Palm had to have been working on optimization features at the OS and hardware performance level since early 2010, given the known issues with the Pre by then.

Last edited by LCGuy; 09/27/2010 at 09:43 AM.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    I still want the Touchstone to be able to connect to my computer and wirelessly transfer data to my phone.
    You can already do that w/ the Pre itself! use filezilla or winscp, I dont get why you think the t/s needs to have b/t capabilities. That would be redundant and raise the cost of the already overpriced t/s.
    Sorry that just makes no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    why wouldn't that happen directly with the pc via bluetooth or via wifi. What pard does a a big electromagnetic puck play in that?
    x2 !
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

So NOW 5 days after I'm forced to upgrade because my pre decided to get stuck in the dreaded "Phone Offline" mode theres some juicy official leaked info about new Palm phones .... grrrrrr.... PALM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good news, saw some of last night, but wanted to learn more today. When HPalm releases official hardware details and a solid release date, I will be able to make a decision, as superior hardware is a huge factor. I don't have an upgrade available for some time and am paying full price, this device better be super phone!
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast