Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Donkey View Post
    I thought this was interesting:

This accredited test mark, also referred to as "cTUVus mark", is proof of compliance with U.S. National and Canadian National standards in accordance with OSHA and SCC regulations. It shows the buyer, customer, or consumer that a device has been successfully tested and certified by an impartial and independent Testing Laboratory accredited by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Standards Council of Canada (SCC). It allows clients to gain a significant competitive advantage by reducing time-to-market and costs for certification and follow-up by combining U.S. and Canadian approvals with one test mark through one source.
    where did you find this ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  2.    #102  
    New link added to the first post.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    This day just keeps getting better and better
    so please people as stated before these are phones stop reading into it and looking at it as the glass half empty. All this information and rumors before this, we all know Palm had device before the acquisiton and we all know HP and Palm were working on it afterwards. Not even here with Rod, but also gizmodo, engadget, and webosworld already and they all state phones not bluetooth device, headphones, air forces, hats, belt buckle, shoe laces, wrist watchs, goodyear tires, phones so lets be freakin happy please.
    Last edited by wellwellwell11; 09/27/2010 at 07:41 AM.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Sorry Rod, webOS Internals is getting screwed over on this one from anyone past PreCentral and webOSRoundup.

On the up side, who said webOS was dead? Google shows dozens of websites already running with this story. Ethiopianreview.com? A new webOS device is big news still, at least in the tech world.
    @wellwellwell I think you mean 'stop looking at it as a glass half empty' or stop looking for the downside...

however in this case, the glass is neither hald empty or half full - it's a new container that will be just right to hold everything without spilling.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    New touchstone also? I hope they are backwards compatible. What the hell am i going to do with 3 touchstones that don't work the next gen.

It would be killer if the touchstone has bluetooth audio built in!
    why would bluetooth be important is a charger puck? The phone has bluetooth to connect to other bluetooth devices already are you expecting power over bluetoth to send a charge to the phone?
    This is semi-related. I'm not sure if it had been posted already but I've been gone this weekend so I have some catching up to do.

It's about the new phone(s) and new screenshots of WebOS 2.0.

WebOS 2.0 gets fresh round of screenshots; new Palm phones and Touchstone certified? -- Engadget
    Sprint Love
    I still want the Touchstone to be able to connect to my computer and wirelessly transfer data to my phone.
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    This is semi-related. I'm not sure if it had been posted already but I've been gone this weekend so I have some catching up to do.

It's about the new phone(s) and new screenshots of WebOS 2.0.

WebOS 2.0 gets fresh round of screenshots; new Palm phones and Touchstone certified? -- Engadget
    Edited: Joshua Topolsky just replied on Twitter: "Added a source link in to you guys -- sorry for missing that!"

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 09/27/2010 at 07:50 AM.
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    @wellwellwell I think you mean 'stop looking at it as a glass half empty' or stop looking for the downside...

however in this case, the glass is neither hald empty or half full - it's a new container that will be just right to hold everything without spilling.
    well said and thanks lol i fixed that.
    At least WebOSWorld gave the proper kudos to WebOSinternals:

http://www.webosworld.com/2010/09/27...fication-docs/
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    this is why I dont come here as often as I used to, Some of you just cant be happy for more than a couple of mins w/o using the downer card.

Be Happy, This confirms that there will be new hardware with or near the 2.0 thats been promised this year!
    Hey, I WANT to be happy, but I also don't want to be CRUSHED if this turns out to be not true.
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by leez View Post
    This news has put me in a celebratory mood. I'll donate $5 to webOSinternals today. I'll donate another 10 if we hear something official by the end of the week, 5 if by the end of Oct. Who wants to match me?!
    WebOS Internals is going to need to purchase a number of these P102UNA and P102EWW devices so that we can get Preware, Govnah, kernels & patches working on them.

Our donation link is http://donate.webos-internals.org/ or PayPal to donations @ webos-internals.org

-- Rod
    Rod,
    I'll throw a few bucks your way once a device is officially announced - I really appreciate all you have done, it's worth it to pay something for it!
    one question, will all the patches not work on the new phone - will all new ones, and preware, need to be re-made?
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vtboyarc View Post
    Rod,
    I'll throw a few bucks your way once a device is officially announced - I really appreciate all you have done, it's worth it to pay something for it!
    one question, will all the patches not work on the new phone - will all new ones, and preware, need to be re-made?
    Can't speak for Rod or WebOS 2.0, but a good chunk of the patches should be easy to port to 2.0. Kernals are a diff story as that deals more with hardware. Also, some patches will be rendered useless because they are for features already in 2.0.
    hopefully webOS 2.0 will make many patches unnecessary because the provide features that should have been there from day 1...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    I still want the Touchstone to be able to connect to my computer and wirelessly transfer data to my phone.
    This would be one of the best parts of having a webOS device
    On touchstone = synced and charged

in this case, maybe we don't even need the USB-Plug anymore ..
    Hopefully the new devices will make kernels obsolete... No hard feelings to the kernel developers but an 1ghz or higher phone don't need to be beef up any more. If the new phones not 1ghz than I don't want it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    why wouldn't that happen directly with the pc via bluetooth or via wifi. What pard does a a big electromagnetic puck play in that?