Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 390
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Okay guys, the P100EWW (Sprint Pre) was certified on that site on April 17, 2009. The Pre was released less than two months later. Does this mean the new phone could be released next month, like Phone Arena predicted for Verizon, since that was approved on August 3??
    Yeah, but remember, Palm announced the Pre before April 17th...they haven't even announced anything yet
    Twitter: adamcarter
  2. drexaljim's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    #62  
    could just be car kits (hands free)
  3. #63  
    Few things to think about:

    1) This was back in August. The Palm deal had closed only a month before that, and they were very likely working on a new phone at that time. That could be the phone(s) that is showing up here. Those were CANNED, and they started over, but these things were probably already in the works and thus got certified.

    2) Sprint considered putting out the Palm Pre Plus, but... something fell through. It doesn't really matter because, let's be honest, we all know Sprint isn't moving a ton of Pres or Pixis right now. Anyway, this could have been the Pre Plus on Sprint.

    3) I'm not sure what that site is or what the hell products it could be talking about, but couldn't this also refer to a tablet? I thought it was clear that there would be a webOS tablet out before there was a new phone out.

    I want this as bad as you all, but I know for a fact that three months ago there were no webOS phones planned for release this year. Tablets, maybe, but not phones. That COULD have changed, but I have serious doubts about the build quality of a phone that takes only a few months to plan for. Smartphones take over a year of planning to bring to market.
  4. #64  
    Endgadget has an article up about it, with new WebOS 2.0 screenshots also
    WebOS 2.0 gets fresh round of screenshots; new Palm phones and Touchstone certified? -- Engadget
    Twitter: adamcarter
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by WrlsFanatic View Post
    Few things to think about:

    1) This was back in August. The Palm deal had closed only a month before that, and they were very likely working on a new phone at that time. That could be the phone(s) that is showing up here. Those were CANNED, and they started over, but these things were probably already in the works and thus got certified.

    2) Sprint considered putting out the Palm Pre Plus, but... something fell through. It doesn't really matter because, let's be honest, we all know Sprint isn't moving a ton of Pres or Pixis right now. Anyway, this could have been the Pre Plus on Sprint.

    3) I'm not sure what that site is or what the hell products it could be talking about, but couldn't this also refer to a tablet? I thought it was clear that there would be a webOS tablet out before there was a new phone out.

    I want this as bad as you all, but I know for a fact that three months ago there were no webOS phones planned for release this year. Tablets, maybe, but not phones. That COULD have changed, but I have serious doubts about the build quality of a phone that takes only a few months to plan for. Smartphones take over a year of planning to bring to market.

    I'm sad to say this, but what you say sounds realistic.
    Twitter: adamcarter
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by vtboyarc View Post
    I'm sad to say this, but what you say sounds realistic.
    Posting it didn't put a smile on my face either...
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by WrlsFanatic View Post
    Few things to think about:

    1) This was back in August. The Palm deal had closed only a month before that, and they were very likely working on a new phone at that time. That could be the phone(s) that is showing up here. Those were CANNED, and they started over, but these things were probably already in the works and thus got certified.

    2) Sprint considered putting out the Palm Pre Plus, but... something fell through. It doesn't really matter because, let's be honest, we all know Sprint isn't moving a ton of Pres or Pixis right now. Anyway, this could have been the Pre Plus on Sprint.

    3) I'm not sure what that site is or what the hell products it could be talking about, but couldn't this also refer to a tablet? I thought it was clear that there would be a webOS tablet out before there was a new phone out.

    I want this as bad as you all, but I know for a fact that three months ago there were no webOS phones planned for release this year. Tablets, maybe, but not phones. That COULD have changed, but I have serious doubts about the build quality of a phone that takes only a few months to plan for. Smartphones take over a year of planning to bring to market.
    1) factual citation for this 'canning' rumour requested ..

    2) No. Pre Plus on Sprint would be a P101EWW.

    3) Read the site - they are phones.

    -- Rod
  8. #68  
    "Freisprecheinrichtung" is just a headset.... no phone....
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by vtboyarc View Post
    Yeah, but remember, Palm announced the Pre before April 17th...they haven't even announced anything yet
    But Palm most likely won't make the same mistake again and announce six months before release. They'll most likely announce close to release within a month or so this time around, like Samsung, HTC, Apple, etc.
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by huso81 View Post
    "Freisprecheinrichtung" is just a headset.... no phone....
    Look at the sibling entries for the other Palm phones on that site. You are mistaken.

    -- Rod
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by WrlsFanatic View Post
    Few things to think about:

    1) This was back in August. The Palm deal had closed only a month before that, and they were very likely working on a new phone at that time. That could be the phone(s) that is showing up here. Those were CANNED, and they started over, but these things were probably already in the works and thus got certified.
    This is possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by WrlsFanatic View Post
    2) Sprint considered putting out the Palm Pre Plus, but... something fell through. It doesn't really matter because, let's be honest, we all know Sprint isn't moving a ton of Pres or Pixis right now. Anyway, this could have been the Pre Plus on Sprint.
    If this was the Pre Plus on Sprint it would have the Pre Plus model number. This is an entirely new model number.

    Quote Originally Posted by WrlsFanatic View Post
    3) I'm not sure what that site is or what the hell products it could be talking about, but couldn't this also refer to a tablet? I thought it was clear that there would be a webOS tablet out before there was a new phone out.
    Again this model number directly reflects the Pre line, not a new tablet model.

    Quote Originally Posted by WrlsFanatic View Post
    I want this as bad as you all, but I know for a fact that three months ago there were no webOS phones planned for release this year. Tablets, maybe, but not phones. That COULD have changed, but I have serious doubts about the build quality of a phone that takes only a few months to plan for. Smartphones take over a year of planning to bring to market.
    Not sure where you are getting your info, but it was never said that there was never a phone planned for this year, and it was never said that the tablet would launch before new phone hardware.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  12.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    engadget has this story as the lead on your engadget app with more webos2.0 screenshots!
    Perhaps someone should mention to them in the comments that they forgot to cite @webosinternals as the original source of the information in their article ...

    -- Rod
  13. #74  
    I wonder if the new Touchstone could be a special version designed for in car mounting?
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  14. #75  
    All I gotta say to this news is, I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain, what a glorious feeling I'm happy again.
  15. #76  
    Freisprecheinrichtung really means just Handsfree, beleave me I am German, I should know.

    The only possibility could be an error from the TUV, and I hope it's one

    €: Just saw this was my first post, hello everybody
  16.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyruss89 View Post
    Freisprecheinrichtung really means just Handsfree, beleave me I am German, I should know.

    The only possibility could be an error from the TUV, and I hope it's one

    : Just saw this was my first post, hello everybody
    Then that is the category used by that certification body for smartphones it seems, as all other existing Palm Pre/Pixi Pre+/Pixi+ phones are in the same section - please go to the site and see the facts for yourself.

    -- Rod
  17. #78  
    Yeah you are right, but why the hell can't they use a adequate term?

    I mean they have a reputation, atleast in the EU and they can't even distinguish between a smartphone and a handsfree...


    Maybe they just tested the internal handsfree, actually this sounds like the most realistic thing to me. Can't be that they make such mistakes.
    Last edited by Cyruss89; 09/27/2010 at 01:22 AM. Reason: new idea
  18. RafRol's Avatar
    Posts
    544 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyruss89 View Post
    Maybe they just tested the internal handsfree, actually this sounds like the most realistic thing to me. Can't be that they make such mistakes.
    Those were my initial thoughts as well, but I'm going to have to side with Mr. Whitby on this.

    P.S. Welcome to PreCentral!
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
  19.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyruss89 View Post
    Yeah you are right, but why the hell can't they use a adequate term?

    I mean they have a reputation, atleast in the EU and they can't even distinguish between a smartphone and a handsfree...


    Maybe they just tested the internal handsfree, actually this sounds like the most realistic thing to me. Can't be that they make such mistakes.
    Look at this page: http://www.tuvdotcom.com/pi/web/Prod...&sLand=&sLang=

    Note where it says (and I quote):

    Certified Product: Freisprecheinrichtung (Phone)

    Model designation:
    P102UNA, P102EWW
    It's clear what their intent is with that word, irrespective of whether it is a correct translation or not.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions