Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    What is this certification for? If we have model numbers and industry certifications I think we are getting very close to a release. I hope they do it after Windows Mobile Phone 7 to ride the wave. With all the Current Generation Mobile OS's out the time to strike is now!
    I think the clue lies within the German word Freisprecheinrichtung, which can be roughly translated into "Handsfree".

My guess is that it passed NRTL testing for the built-in speakerphone or speakerphone accessory (the new touchstone?). Or it could be referring to the bluetooth.

My hope is that it really has something to do with voice commands.

I'm just taking a guess, really because I don't know anything about the NRTL or TUV Rheinland for that matter.
    Last edited by RafRol; 09/26/2010 at 11:15 PM.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroven Taulrok View Post
    About flipping time we saw SOMETHING! I'm ready for a new phone, bring it on!
    I'm with you. Give us something good, Palm!
    This bodes well for a multiple-carrier launch.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Just like what Samsung with Galaxy
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    can someone post this to rahul sood see his reaction?... i jus hope we get an announcement this month and a launch next month.. comon lets get a picture outt..
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Okay guys, the P100EWW (Sprint Pre) was certified on that site on April 17, 2009. The Pre was released less than two months later. Does this mean the new phone could be released next month, like Phone Arena predicted for Verizon, since that was approved on August 3??
    The Sprint Pre release date was June 6th according to Wiki (I got mine in November).. which if I did my math correctly for 2009, was 50 days. On the east coast, it's the 27th now... making it 55 days after this certification (again, if my math is good atm lol) ... Can't really draw anything concrete from that, but we could hope that they are pretty far along the process now..! My ideal release date would be November 1st for my upgrade. ;p Anyway, let's hope this means that they are super close to making at least an announcement!
    I promise Rahul is following this here and on Twitter!
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Exactly! A "pre2" for all carriers. Hopefully it will make it up north soon after the launch in US!
    If these are new upgrades then it looks like they could possibly stick with the "Palm" name and not the "HP" prefix...

Not going to get hopes up quite yet. Thanks for sharing rwhitby! Just in time maybe...I am on my 5th Palm Pre...I slacked on putting a new screensaver the other day and it managed to scratch....One year warranty over and maybe only 30 days or so left on the "refurb warranty"...
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckywildcats View Post
    I am slightly dissapointed that it's 102 and not 201...to me a 201 designation would imply a significant upgrade compared to 102. I hope I am wrong.
    there is one in every crowd. Just multiply by 2. It will be the same phone regardless of what they call it.

try looking at the glass as half full for a while.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I was thinking about using my upgrade. Looks like I will be waiting a little longer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    I promise Rahul is following this here and on Twitter!
    ... And I promise you he won't be making any comments about this. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    ... And I promise you he won't be making any comments about this. :-)
    Unless he's on here, using an alias & making "speculations"... Though I highly doubt it.
    This and Sprint slashing their Palm prices ...

Better have a kick *** name and marketing
    interesting, HP has a fcc filing for wifi frequency on 08/05/2010 2 days after the tuv grant date the details are conf. Until the end of 12/2010 !!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    I lost that cover 12 months ago...
    lol.

And I pulled my usb cover within a month... it's really annoying closing and opening it...,

Is the skimaskguy a member here
    woohoo!!! We have one of four pre's that's fallen part, been screwed (both halves) back together. It's blind (it's camera doesn't work), it can't speak (front phone speaker doesn't work) and can't sleep (the power button doesn't work). No love from sprint since past 1 year and out of warranty.

Bring on a new phone, anything quick, but make it feature rich!!!!

well we heard rahul talking about a new phone right - even rumor he was demoing it? So this is the legendary roadrunner?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    UNA and EWW refer to GSM and CDMA respectively.

-- Rod
    This is great news. Thanks for sharing.
    Sprint customer for 12 years...still on my launch day Pre...please oh please oh please bring daddy a new pair of shoes! :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    try looking at the glass as half full for a while.
    OMG, did he just say "glass"?!? We're getting glass screens on the new phone!!!1!!1!

Sorry, back to our regular grasping at straws, already in progress...
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast