Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920
    I can think of far, far worse gifts than a new cell phone. Besides, a lot of gift cards are given these days, and they can often be used for buying new phones.
    sorry but I just had a minor epiphany.

So I've been one of those guys that think the pre is a perfect size and would only really like a slightly larger screen, not a bigger device.I like the size and portability of the pre, it just feels right.
    but since I lost ANOTHER because the skipping stone design happens to slide out of my pocket quite often I was sitting @ my desk in my house being mad because my moniter crapped out so I hooked up a spare (1994 packard bell crt) Man! What colors! Seriously, I forgot how crisp and vibrant the colors of a crt are, and with the older ones how you could just flip the dial and the contrast would go to nothing and look like an e-ink and be so easy on the eyes. Which made me think, where is my ipaq.
    found it, sitting there in the craddle, ghost n' goblins paused from god knows when lol and as I looked at it I realized, man I was comfortable carrying this around in my pocket...in the steel case no less. So what I'm really sayin I guess, is----

-next device, ok bigger I'm ok with. Now that I think about it, I hope it is a bit bigger and I hope hp brings back the steel protective case because I'm not hard on my devices, I'm a clutz!
    -if there isn't a hardware keyboard, give us bluetooth keyboard support.
    -palm, don't pay any atention to the people 'threatening to go to android' if they already made up their mind and will be back.

I'm still thinking this device is going to be available for sale before black friday. Still wondering how much hpalm changed from the c40 (if this is really it)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD View Post
    If Palm wants to stay alive, it better be a damn good phone with a lot less let down than the Pre. I'm not being negative towards the Pre, but we all must admit, for the time we waited to the overall App count, the Pre hasn't been able to stand up next to an iPhone or even some Android based phones.

So my guess would be that it will be leaked, and then we will just be waiting month after month for another release. Once released, the app catalog will still lack any major backing from other companies and we will be exactly where we are now.

HP/Palm needs to figure out how to get companies interested in building apps for this OS. Otherwise, WebOS will fade out, it's just a matter of time.
    I've been preaching this for quite some time now, but no one seems to understand it. It's kind of a vicious cycle, people want apps and developers want a market to develop for. It's difficult to capture one or the other with the other is missing.
    that is one ugly and stupid looking phone
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    sorry but I just had a minor epiphany.

So I've been one of those guys that think the pre is a perfect size and would only really like a slightly larger screen, not a bigger device.I like the size and portability of the pre, it just feels right.
    but since I lost ANOTHER because the skipping stone design happens to slide out of my pocket quite often I was sitting @ my desk in my house being mad because my moniter crapped out so I hooked up a spare (1994 packard bell crt) Man! What colors! Seriously, I forgot how crisp and vibrant the colors of a crt are, and with the older ones how you could just flip the dial and the contrast would go to nothing and look like an e-ink and be so easy on the eyes. Which made me think, where is my ipaq.
    found it, sitting there in the craddle, ghost n' goblins paused from god knows when lol and as I looked at it I realized, man I was comfortable carrying this around in my pocket...in the steel case no less. So what I'm really sayin I guess, is----

-next device, ok bigger I'm ok with. Now that I think about it, I hope it is a bit bigger and I hope hp brings back the steel protective case because I'm not hard on my devices, I'm a clutz!
    -if there isn't a hardware keyboard, give us bluetooth keyboard support.
    -palm, don't pay any atention to the people 'threatening to go to android' if they already made up their mind and will be back.

I'm still thinking this device is going to be available for sale before black friday. Still wondering how much hpalm changed from the c40 (if this is really it)
    Now you have me thinking of my Handspring Visor with the Sprint Springboard expansion. That apparatus was an brick! Not so much the dimensions, but the unbalanced weight. I'm a belt-clip guy, so I don't care for pocketability. Nevertheless, I wouldn't want the new device to be bigger than an iPhone at max.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    3.8inch screen or > they shouldn't even waste time with anything smaller
    Quote Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post
    3.8inch screen or > they shouldn't even waste time with anything smaller
    I think Palm shouldn't go any bigger than 3.8" screen. Right now the Palm Pre isn't too small and isn't too big.
    You can always get the PalmPad if you want a bigger screen with webOS. Kinda like Apple did with the iPhone and the iPad. It seems like people with the iPhone still went out and got an iPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnaMayShun View Post
    I think Palm shouldn't go any bigger than 3.8" screen. Right now the Palm Pre isn't too small and isn't too big.
    You can always get the PalmPad if you want a bigger screen with webOS. Kinda like Apple did with the iPhone and the iPad. It seems like people with the iPhone still went out and got an iPad.
    Uh, that's because they're two entirely different devices. It's not just an oversized iPod Touch like many Apple-haters love to "claim".
    Quote Originally Posted by vertebra View Post
    I was thinking about using my upgrade. Looks like I will be waiting a little longer!
    same here, sprint will be giving me and my wife two new phones of our choice for free..."because of troubles" i will be keeping tabs on this and wait a bit. my hero can tide me over until this.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    jingle bells?
    yeah id say by x-mas time there will be something. cannot see them waiting until after the busy holiday shopping season.
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920