Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920 LastLast
    that has to mean something lol....SOMETHINGG!!! only time will tell ..sooner the better though COMON PALMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    what does it mean???
    It seems Palm really wants to pull an Apple with a release shortly after the announcement.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    So....., the plot thickens
    Are they going to let us down AGAIN!!!
  6.    #366  
    Just as the existence of a public TUV certification record did not imply a release decision, the removal of the public record also does not.

Speculation about releases or lack thereof based on TUV certification certificate public visibility status remains pointless.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I have a feeling these were old phones that were left on the palm roadmap before H/P came. However with release of EVO, Galaxy and droid-2 our aka palm pre-2 i.e pre H-P palm pre-2 became rapidly old. After talking, they decided to shelf them and build new phones w dual core, dual camera, dual flash, hence they are taking these off as they are old old old. On the other hand, plma-H/P told them to just keep them secret till phone comes out. Most likely the touchstones are real.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    To explain this, here's some iPhone users taking a group photo:

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/6...ockofsheep.jpg
    That's a pretty good picture for a mobile phone. Nice depth of field, contrast and clarity.
    I just stole it from Wikimedia, don't know what it was taken with.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I'm just curious if anyone can compare the stage we're in while waiting for a new device with the stages of the Pre release.

What I mean is....at what point during the "buildup" to a Pre release did you start seeing it in "TUV" inventories and at what point did you start hearing the rumors about the Pre?

In other words; if/when the Pre started popping up on TUV, how long after that did the Pre launch?

If this question isn't applicable or the two would be entirely irrelevant, then let me know and I'll delete!
    I don't think they are very relevant, the pre was notoriously a long wait from announce to launch.

there is also the fact that hp is now involved and may have very different ways of doing there releases.

as to TUV specifically, I cannot attest as I am new to precentral and following palm news with any regularity.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I have a feeling these were old phones that were left on the palm roadmap before H/P came. However with release of EVO, Galaxy and droid-2 our aka palm pre-2 i.e pre H-P palm pre-2 became rapidly old. After talking, they decided to shelf them and build new phones w dual core, dual camera, dual flash, hence they are taking these off as they are old old old. On the other hand, plma-H/P told them to just keep them secret till phone comes out. Most likely the touchstones are real.
    Possible, but the date of issue of the TUVs was 03 August. Announcement of the buyout was 28 April & closing of the deal was 01 July--more than a month before the issuance date of the TUVs. Who knows what it all means?
    I believe the last time a TUV report came around 60 days before the Pre release... we have our fingers crossed now.
    Plus you know, in order to stay competitive they need 4G phones on sprint, probably these earlier models didnt even have 4G or LTE on them (Verizon is rolling out LTE at the end of this year). Hence a whole redo.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    FWIW as a reference on HP leaks, the iPaq Glisen (HP K3 Obsidian) was first leaked and spotted via AT&T in May 2009, subsequently released in early December 2009. So an educated guess would say we're 6 months away...

Though I sure hope not. Hope it's "in time for the holidays".
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    jingle bells?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    With Palm, the pattern has been 2-3 months from TUV cert, as others have pointed out. A lot of signs have been pointing to an October-November time frame for a while now.
    If it does, that wil be just in time to be a step ahead of the anti customer tiered plans

Upgrade, and make a run for the hills to wait out the remainder of my two year plan. I'm going to milk the utters (data) off of Verizon until then

The revolution will be posted here on Pre Central and via webos-internals
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    If Palm wants to stay alive, it better be a damn good phone with a lot less let down than the Pre. I'm not being negative towards the Pre, but we all must admit, for the time we waited to the overall App count, the Pre hasn't been able to stand up next to an iPhone or even some Android based phones.

So my guess would be that it will be leaked, and then we will just be waiting month after month for another release. Once released, the app catalog will still lack any major backing from other companies and we will be exactly where we are now.

HP/Palm needs to figure out how to get companies interested in building apps for this OS. Otherwise, WebOS will fade out, it's just a matter of time.
    What I wonder is, why does anyone want a phone for the holidays? From what I know, giving someone a new cellphone for Christmas is one of the worst gifts that can be given, unless it's an off contract full price payed phone, and we know how often that happens. :P