Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    EWW does not mean Sprint. All CDMA webOS devices so far are EWW, not just Sprint ones.

a => b does not mean b => a

-- Rod
    so does this mean that sprint my yet be compatible with the new device and could receive it as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by drew145022 View Post
    so does this mean that sprint my yet be compatible with the new device and could receive it as well?
    We don't even have confirmation that there are new devices quite yet. Just a certification that no one know's exactly what for. It's WAY too early to make any sort of assumptions.
    There is some rumor that an EVDO/CDMA device is coming out, and some rumor that a Verizon device is coming. Sprint MIGHT have a device, but nothing suggests that yet, and I wouldn't count on it.
    Verizon gets all the good phones
    --Marvin
    Quote Originally Posted by WrlsFanatic View Post
    There is some rumor that an EVDO/CDMA device is coming out, and some rumor that a Verizon device is coming. Sprint MIGHT have a device, but nothing suggests that yet, and I wouldn't count on it.
    If Palm is to maintain any sort of foothold, they MUST realize that Sprint is where all their launch day Pre-owners (primary Palm afficionados) are housed. They damn well BETTER release something on Sprint.

Also, if they plan on releasing P102 as a "minor spec bump over the Pre Plus" then ALL the more reason for it to come out on Sprint, which didn't even get the "minor spec bump over the Pre" i.e. Pre Plus.

They honestly better come to Sprint... for their benefit.

As well as mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Yes, like the iPhone, the EVO, and the Epic (the top-rated devices on Engadget right now). No, wait...

Oh, and Verizon got the Pre first also, right?
    Last edited by WrlsFanatic; 09/28/2010 at 05:02 PM.
    if this is the case I most like be leaving the palm community. Sorry but I bought the pre on launch day and I can't stand that there is no new device out by now, when android has made numorous devices and the iphone is constantly getting updates. I'm getting tired of waiting for nothing.
    somewhere on the forum (nope don't want to find it) someone said that sprint turned down the next Palm phone so if sprint doesn't get it don't be blaming Palm blame sprint.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    that was sprint turning down the pre plus
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    EWW does not mean Sprint. All CDMA webOS devices so far are EWW, not just Sprint ones.

a => b does not mean b => a

-- Rod
    correct he only meant to say EWW meant CDMA which we all know in the states as sprint and verizon. My question is lets say the rumor about Verizon launching in October will it be a 4G device even though Verzion not launching 4G devices until Novemeber? Hence for me thinking that Sprints version the original C40 that was rumored to be Sprints first 4G phone, that was supposed to be released last july would be first to be released in october with Verizon behind them in november when they launch the LTE network for phones. To me why launch a phone on a network thats only 3G a month before they will be launching a 4G campagin. Also is Verizon old roadmap showing the palm pre 2, was that put there way back before Palm was bought out, way back when they were testing the Palm C40 for sprint and advising Verizon they will release a 3G version of it for that carrier in october. It would give 4 months between the releases on par with Palm releases for the Sprint and Verizon carrier after the exclusive deal with sprint. To me I see this as the highly anticipated HD Webos device, and with the rumors ill stick with a sprint release, followed by a Verizon release both 4G in 2010, then a AT&T release first Q 2011.
    as stated the only confermation so far is devices CDMA, and GSM certs nothing stating which carrier at all. If even you want to look at supposed roadmaps we have one even with sprint showing the HP/palmC40 in detail being released on sprint this year, but that like the Verizons road map stated just a palm pre 2 in october are just rumors and a roadmap. Both suggest what I was stating they could have got confermation from Palm before the buyout of the supposed C40 device being released on each carrier, hence even sprints roadmap stating it changed and that HP was making tweaks to the device and was pushed back to be released later this year. So to me with my insiders, and with the rumors of course if a CDMA device is being launched you better bet money sprint will def get the device just do to sprint not just holding on to more current webos owners of the supposed 2.5mill users, but that Verizon is not only catering to Android, but dosent support Palm at all before and now.
  12.    #292  
    A P102EWW would presumably work on any CDMA network, subject to carrier acceptance. That's what the EWW means in all existing webOS devices.

Oh, and also subject to it actually being a device that is going to be released ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    somewhere on the forum (nope don't want to find it) someone said that sprint turned down the next Palm phone so if sprint doesn't get it don't be blaming Palm blame sprint.
    either way launch day users have waited far to long to receive nothin in there long wait. Sorry but this is true.
    GSM is mostly used to refer to the voice technology used by carriers, and in the US it is used by AT&T and T-Mobile. GSM data was 2G at best. GSM carriers use HSPA (High-Speed Packet Access) or HSPA+ to deliver data these days. The 4G technology of choice for GSM carriers is called LTE (Long-Term Evolution).

In other words, GSM ≠ 4G
    Yes, but if it were a 4G phone on Verizon it would most likely be a GSM phone, and therefor not have the EWW suffix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    but understand this was from someone who was told this by a sprint rep, and we all know sales reps do not have inside information. If you hear a rumor of any kind of credit coming from a cell phone company, you better hear it from the mouth of the CEO otherwise not even a grain of salt is worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Splitbiker View Post
    Yes, but if it were a 4G phone on Verizon it would most likely be a GSM phone, and therefor not have the EWW suffix.
    hmmm now thats a very good point there never thought about that. So unless its a 3G phone launched in the rumored october(before verizon launches 4g), would it be considered EWW/CDMA if launched under LTE?
    either way launch day users have waited far to long to receive nothin in there long wait. Sorry but this is true.
    Not disputing that fact of sprint users not having something new... But for those that blame Palm maybe it's not Palm's fault.. Maybe Palm went to Sprint and it was denied. (if that gentleman's post was correct from his trusted source) Remember in my opinion No carrier put enough money into marketing the phone. Sprint did put more but they never (to my knowledge) said hey this is a Palm Pre come get it...

Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    but understand this was from someone who was told this by a sprint rep, and we all know sales reps do not have inside information. If you hear a rumor of any kind of credit coming from a cell phone company, you better hear it from the mouth of the CEO otherwise not even a grain of salt is worth it.

Fully understand it and It's a huge grain of salt from me.. so if Sprint users are not getting this new Pre (if it exists) over Verizon... The Sprint and Palm has had a serious falling out. I mean we all remember how Verizon treated the Pre Plus on launch and what training they gave the Sales Agents.

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    that was sprint turning down the pre plus
    Then I blame Sprint even more so for the lack of a webOS phone but all I see is Sprint users blaming Palm for not giving them a new Phone..

Caveat: This is if the rumor is true
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    sounds like we are jumping to conclusions
    to me it sounds like children fighting,,wah wah verizon is better,,no wah wah sprint is better,,verizon is getting it first,,,no,wah wah sprint is gettting first.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I feel lucky.

But now that they are talking tiered plans and such, I don't think that my 15% discount will mean much of anything if the data plan is not 'unlimited' anymore. The whole tiered plan idea stinks!

Just hope that my plan gets grandfathered, because I have already begun to read from At&t customers that their plans did not get grandfathered, and they have two options to choose from, agreeing to the terms, or opting out with no cancellation fee.

So even though it is possible that we are getting a new device soon, the tiered plan puts a bit of a damper on it all. Still I am thrilled and can't wait to get more news and double scoops
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR