Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vtboyarc View Post
    who's looking forward to there hopefully being some announcements at HP's event tomorrow?
    I'm betting that we get another little morsel to ponder, but no full announcement until sometime after Oct 5th.
    Last edited by Vociferous; 09/29/2010 at 07:27 AM.
    hmmm... What's happening Oct 5th I wonder???
    Quote Originally Posted by mpfef View Post
    Except there's also this:

CTIA Enterprise & Applicationsā„¢
    According to the exhibitor list neither Palm or HP is listed. Maybe I'm overlooking it, but I can't find either anywhere.

http://www.ctiaenterpriseandapps.com...hibitor-list#H
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    What would be highly doubtful? The compatibility or the bluetooth?

If you were to say bluetooth, I wouldn't blame you. But I have some ideas that would be pretty cool if HPalm were working on such.

The compatibility should be expected however, they can come out with a new type of touchstone as long as it has the same circumference as the old. The height and angle shouldn't matter much. They would have to change the angle to make it work with a larger device, hence a new touchstone.
    yeah the bluetooth
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    What would be highly doubtful? The compatibility or the bluetooth?

If you were to say bluetooth, I wouldn't blame you. But I have some ideas that would be pretty cool if HPalm were working on such.

The compatibility should be expected however, they can come out with a new type of touchstone as long as it has the same circumference as the old. The height and angle shouldn't matter much. They would have to change the angle to make it work with a larger device, hence a new touchstone.
    If the Evo was able to be hacked and work with a Palm touchstone, I don't see why a new larger webOS device wouldn't be compatible.
    who's looking forward to there hopefully being some announcements at HP's event tomorrow?

That's a no brainer. I'm pretty amped.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    If the Evo was able to be hacked and work with a Palm touchstone, I don't see why a new larger webOS device wouldn't be compatible.
    I was thinking along the lines of a tablet. That being said, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a TS with an extra bell and maybe a whistle.
    Oh God.. please let there be a concurrent release of a WebOS device on Vzw. I so want to go back and make an ugly stink with the in store sales reps who told me WebOS is dead.

Even tho, me and my Pre+ hardware will be settling in for a while, I would really really want this next phone to be an uber-success. If it takes a little longer to do it right, so be it; we need that bigger market and mind share if we are going to get some of those brand name apps coming to the platform of choice. And, oh yeah, would be nice to have something to start saving up for.
    Any of this data indicate a 4G phone at all?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Any of this data indicate a 4G phone at all?
    It doesn't say anything on paper about 4G,but you can bet your sweet Super Cape that 3G/4G will be in the mix.

Eventually at some point all the major carriers will be transmitting 4G data, especially with those tiered plans sneaking their ugly heads around the corner. At&t already got hit, Sprint and Verizon are in the hunt for more of our hard earned loot as well. Scrooge is on a bogard rampage. I don't see the consumer gaining anything from tiered plans. 5¢'s per mb is evil and appalling.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
    My guess at how to parse these things...

The first letter denotes radio technology: "E" for "EVDO" (the 3G technology used by CDMA carriers such as Verizon and Sprint) or "U" for "UMTS" (the 3G technology for GSM carriers such as AT&T and anyone in Europe).

The other two letters denote geographical region: "NA" for North America, "EU" for Europe, or "WW" for worldwide. This is mostly for GSM/UMTS, which uses different sets of frequencies in Europe and North America. CDMA/EVDO is not used in Europe anyway, so don't expect to see any "EEU" models. There's no need for an "ENA" designation if "EWW" covers the entire CDMA world (basically, North America and a few East Asian countries).

So, to answer your question, "UEU" models would be GSM/UMTS phones using the European set of frequencies.
    Gosh, that makes too much sense.

Thanks for clearing that up.
    Who's flying this thing?
    This one?

HP, VMware and Intel business continuity workshop
    (September 28th 11am-1:30pm in Scottsdale, AZ and Indianapolis, IN)

I'm not kidding, I have no idea what event you're talking about.

EDIT: Actually, looking here there is nothing for September 28th or 29th

http://h41267.www4.hp.com/calendar.aspx?cc=ie&lang=en
    they have an analyst event this afternoon.
    OK, found it:

HP Blogs - HP Securities Analyst Meeting: Quick reference gui... - The HP Blog Hub

I'll be watching at 1PM Pacific time, though I feel certain I'll be let down.
    it's an in-person event, so I'm hoping that they will show analysts new devices and a webOS 2.0 demo even though they would have to do that outside of the webcast...

it should be a big part of impressing that sort of audience...
    Somehow I think they'll be showing off webOS printers instead.
    or toasters..
    hopefully they would show printers in the context of their smartphone strategy.

HP is smart enough to know that sizzling demos are what dazzle analysts, so they will show anything that has a high level of sex appeal. they also have to justify that $1.2b purchase to those same analysts.
    I'm sure this has probably been discussed, but I don't have it in me to read 13 pages of posts

Since the original Pre was listed as P101UNA and the new one is P102UNA, is it most likely that this is a Pre Plus kind of upgrade just to buy time until they can release a really new device? Based on the numbering, what are the odds that this is a significant upgrade?
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Based on the numbering, what are the odds that this is a significant upgrade?
    50/50 I'd say, either it's a big upgrade, or a small one