Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Anyone want to help me start a Trending Topic on Twitter?
    #FreeThePre
    I'm not trying to be troll like but I have to ask this.

P102UNA (GSM) – Cert #72090412 – Issued on August 3, 2010
    P102EWW (CDMA) – Cert #72090412 – Issued on August 3, 2010

How do we figure that the 102eww is cdma only?

Here in the USA for those that dont know, we have CDMA and GSM.
    Sprint = CDMA p100eww Pre-
    Verizonwireless = CDMA p101eww Pre+
    AT&T = GSM p101eww Pre+

Not saying anybody is wrong but now does this confirm a CDMA and GSM version?

Now let me say this, I believe whole heartedly that there will be at least 1 new device this year, accompanying webOs 2.0 so please no flaming I am just asking because it does not make sense.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

3.    #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    I'm not trying to be troll like but I have to ask this.

P102UNA (GSM) Cert #72090412 Issued on August 3, 2010
    P102EWW (CDMA) Cert #72090412 Issued on August 3, 2010

How do we figure that the 102eww is cdma only?

Here in the USA for those that dont know, we have CDMA and GSM.
    Sprint = CDMA p100eww Pre-
    Verizonwireless = CDMA p101eww Pre+
    AT&T = GSM p101eww Pre+
    AT&T Pre+ is P101UNA - look at the model number, not the webOS Doctor filename (which matches in most cases, but not for the AT&T phone).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    AT&T Pre+ is P101UNA - look at the model number, not the webOS Doctor filename (which matches in most cases, but not for the AT&T phone).

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod, I was sure I was missing something.

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drew145022 View Post
    this would be great but highly doubtful
    What would be highly doubtful? The compatibility or the bluetooth?

If you were to say bluetooth, I wouldn't blame you. But I have some ideas that would be pretty cool if HPalm were working on such.

The compatibility should be expected however, they can come out with a new type of touchstone as long as it has the same circumference as the old. The height and angle shouldn't matter much. They would have to change the angle to make it work with a larger device, hence a new touchstone.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwan2know View Post
    First, store techs have no idea how hard the Pre is or isn't to disassemble/reassemble because they are not allowed to do so.

Second, Assurion does not rebuild phones.

All repairs and refurbs are handled by Palm.
    Really I didn't want to keep taking this off topic. However I have watched them take apart my Pre, screw up the volume button. and say they had to order me one. I was ok with that one because THAT "cough, cough -Rebuild" was bad. Then I had one I asked them to not replace but they screwed up the power button. I would have rather had no speaker than a different Assurion (thanks for the spelling) rebuild (it was actually a good rebuild).

They may not have been allowed to take them apart for a time, but they attempted anyways. And yeah I thought Palm rebuilt them as well, and if so I stand corrected but the rebuilds were always a hit or miss. Came unwiped, half with low versions of the OS, and whether it was Palm or Assurion the rebuilds sucked.

Ok, I am out on this part and back to being excited about P102. Done talking past...
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Being that palm, HP, or Webos is not listed anywhere on CTIA's itinerary for that show, I highly doubt that they will be announcing anything there. It would be nice though.
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    Being that palm, HP, or Webos is not listed anywhere on CTIA's itinerary for that show, I highly doubt that they will be announcing anything there. It would be nice though.
    Yeah, I saw that as well. Just hoping that HPalm has a new device released at either the Verizon or ATT keynotes (please HP/ Palm).
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    try looking at the glass as half full for a while.
    That advice appears to contradict with your handle...
    Who's flying this thing?
    Sorry guys but is there a picture of this. I followed the links and can find any picture of this.

Just the certification page.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Yeah, I noticed they weren't on the list too, just pointing out that there is a CTIA event coming up soon. Not sure how big of an event this is, but sometimes products are announced "around" these types of conferences. Who knows, I'm not up for an upgrade till February anyway.

--Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Sorry guys but is there a picture of this. I followed the links and can find any picture of this.

Just the certification page.

Rob
    if there were a pic don't you think it would be on the front page?
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Is it any coincidence that Mr. Ski Mask returns at the same time this info leaks?
    I'm telling you, he works for Palm.
    I'd rather see the guy from your avatar than Mr. Ski Mask. That and some good old metal trash cans.
    Who's flying this thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post
    Take it for what you will, but with this breaking last night I texted my sprint guy who has been pretty good with inside info( I have also added preware to his pre ) with this question "Any new news on a new palm phone?" His response: "Soon, Ctia" so, take it for what you will, Im just sharing info of what I recieved, dont flame me

Ken
    Hmmm... "Soon, Car Talk is awesome"?

I'm not sure he was paying attention to what you asked.
    Who's flying this thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by snowbound View Post
    I'd rather see the guy from your avatar than Mr. Ski Mask. That and some good old metal trash cans.
    Believe it or not....
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Notice the unknown phone and the two P102s share the same cert?

I'm willing to guess it's P102UEU.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Hmm - I hadn't considered that possibility.

-- Rod
    OK, if *UNA means GSM and *EWW means CDMA, what would *UEU mean?
    Who's flying this thing?
    My guess is Europe GSM

Follow the link below.

who's looking forward to there hopefully being some announcements at HP's event tomorrow?
    Twitter: adamcarter
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    If it is any indication.. One of the last times something like this was spotted on TUV Rheinland's web site, it was on 22January2010. On 17May2010, the Pre Plus was released on AT&T.

If the timing from this to release is similar, it would stand to reason that we will see a new webOS phone in late November (the new entry on the latest is from 03August).

This also jibes with rumors posted predicting an October/November released of the successor to the Pre!

I recognize that this is purely speculation, but how is my logic?

By then perhaps and beyond, most certainly I believe; by next year it will be hpOS
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    My guess at how to parse these things...

The first letter denotes radio technology: "E" for "EVDO" (the 3G technology used by CDMA carriers such as Verizon and Sprint) or "U" for "UMTS" (the 3G technology for GSM carriers such as AT&T and anyone in Europe).

The other two letters denote geographical region: "NA" for North America, "EU" for Europe, or "WW" for worldwide. This is mostly for GSM/UMTS, which uses different sets of frequencies in Europe and North America. CDMA/EVDO is not used in Europe anyway, so don't expect to see any "EEU" models. There's no need for an "ENA" designation if "EWW" covers the entire CDMA world (basically, North America and a few East Asian countries).

So, to answer your question, "UEU" models would be GSM/UMTS phones using the European set of frequencies.