Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    They wouldn't has 2 phones with different resolutions if they are smart. That is a big issue with the Pre and Pixi since many apps aren't cross compatible.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I'm glad I was asleep (timezones - gotta love 'em) for the long digression into discussions about current devices in this thread which is in the Future Palm Devices subforum ...

-- Rod
    That's my bad. I wasn't trying to take the thread somewhere else, I just get frustrated when I hear of lists of "what people want" in the next phone and build quality is not only NOT at the top of the list but not even ON the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    They wouldn't has 2 phones with different resolutions if they are smart. That is a big issue with the Pre and Pixi since many apps aren't cross compatible.
    I am not a developer, so I don't know, but I once read that webOS is completely scalable, and it could go onto any device with any resolution and be completely scalable. Is that not right?
    I read the PC front page, AND the forums and the Verizon leak is new.

Thanks Jimmy K
    it can. but with games it takes a bit more to make them look the same at a different resolution...
    grrrrr...... I am currently checkin every day to get any info on this new device and now this new touchstone. So if anyone has any info please post. I will also be posting on what new news I find. Also feel free to dicuss what you would like the new device to have componets, apps, updates, memory, ect
    The so called Big Red leak in this article is this...

Information leaking out of Verizon Wireless, however, indicates that the next webOS smartphone will debut in October, and this device will be the successor for the Palm Pre.
    No source listed....

<<Threads Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    New touchstone also? I hope they are backwards compatible. What the hell am i going to do with 3 touchstones that don't work the next gen.

It would be killer if the touchstone has bluetooth audio built in!
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    +1
    this would be great but highly doubtful
  8. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Look for the Deuce before CES '11 . . . anything sooner is wishful thinking~
    Take it for what you will, but with this breaking last night I texted my sprint guy who has been pretty good with inside info( I have also added preware to his pre ) with this question "Any new news on a new palm phone?" His response: "Soon, Ctia" so, take it for what you will, Im just sharing info of what I recieved, dont flame me

Ken
    If you do a quick search for engineering jobs at Palm (Career Opportunities - Palm USA) you'll notice a lot of job openings that pertain to what seemingly would be product development. Not sure what this is indicative of.

Many of the jobs were posted just last month.

http://cl.ly/2ZcO/content
    The way WebOS Internals is posting this news is making me think that they know for sure that the new Pre's are coming out soon. Interesting... Also, Sprint is putting the Pre and Pixi on almost clearance. Another thing is that HP and Palm are giving away Pre's whenever they have a chance. Plus, now they are giving away Pre's to all qualifying devs? It sounds a lot like getting rid of inventory now, before the new Pre's come out and nobody will want the old ones.
  12.    #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    The way WebOS Internals is posting this news is making me think that they know for sure that the new Pre's are coming out soon. Interesting... Also, Sprint is putting the Pre and Pixi on almost clearance. Another thing is that HP and Palm are giving away Pre's whenever they have a chance. Plus, now they are giving away Pre's to all qualifying devs? It sounds a lot like getting rid of inventory now, before the new Pre's come out and nobody will want the old ones.
    Sorry, but my posts are purely based on the discovery of some public information in the TUV database (which has likely been there for weeks).

Any inference about release schedules (or even whether these two certified devices are intended for release at all) is made by the reader, not the poster.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post
    Take it for what you will, but with this breaking last night I texted my sprint guy who has been pretty good with inside info( I have also added preware to his pre ) with this question "Any new news on a new palm phone?" His response: "Soon, Ctia" so, take it for what you will, Im just sharing info of what I recieved, dont flame me

Ken
    CTIA is in March 2011.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Except there's also this:

CTIA Enterprise & Applications™
    This is so awesome. I will pick up the refreshed version on AT&T in 2012 when my upgrade becomes available again.
    Since the PDK Hot-Apps programm ends just by 30th of September, those winners and a presentation of new hardware could be presented together.

seems like everything hints on a Presentation or at least a Release of new webOS devices in October.

Hurry Palm, RIM rushes right in front of you with it's adaption of CardView!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mpfef View Post

These next 10 days are going to be brutal. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by mpfef View Post

Nice, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnaMayShun View Post
    These next 10 days are going to be brutal. :/
    the past few hours have been bad enough LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post