Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    I am not arguing,i know there have been hardware issues,,all I'm saying is,,,,, that is still the minority.
    "Information leaking out of Verizon Wireless, however, indicates that the next webOS smartphone will debut in October, and this device will be the successor for the Palm Pre."(Ed Hardy- Brighthand)

HP Prepping a Followup for the Palm Pre

Anybody else see this or know what leaks/rumors he's talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyK View Post
    "Information leaking out of Verizon Wireless, however, indicates that the next webOS smartphone will debut in October, and this device will be the successor for the Palm Pre."(Ed Hardy- Brighthand)

HP Prepping a Followup for the Palm Pre

Anybody else see this or know what leaks/rumors he's talking about?
    Do you even read the front page of P|C? This has been discussed there and in the forums already.

Mods - merge this thread...
    hey I must have missed this I read the front page and didn't see anything verizon!!!!
    I'm just wondering where he got such specific info...
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I believe hes talking about this: http://www.precentral.net/new-palm-m...102una-p102eww

Notice the quote is under the "What the Rumors Say" section. Its all the same....
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
    I will still swear this was the case. Store techs have told me the Pre is the hardest to take apart and reassemble right. So just taking that at face value the Pre's which had faults early on or where returned because they where "scratched" were sent to Assuriane (or whatever their name is). In my experience with them they suck at rebuilding phones. When I had a horrible Mogul every rebuild was a mess. The Pre rebuilds were the same. They didn't get the sliders right so suddenly Oreo's were everywhere. Power buttons, the same deal. The cracks, well that was straight up not on them. Finally if ya all remember Palm said no more rebuilds, give out new devices. I got one and noticed the battery instructions. So I swear it was a new gen, not a rebuild. It has been flawless. Maybe the first iteration was bad, but rebuilding those phones made it way worse until Palm learned and corrected. I doubt they will make that mistake again.
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by minimalposter View Post
    I agree that Android takes a few more steps and the web/HP OS really is a thing of simplified beauty. Hell I went through 6 palm OS devices because I loved the simplified way of getting information when I needed it (on a mobile device) and saved my PC/Mac for the time intensive projects.

That being said, the EVO's build quality is amazing coming from a Pre (well three actually). I was so tired of dealing with my USB cracks (when I use a touchstone) and failing headphone jacks/power buttons. And the apps that I really wanted to try (slingbox, full dropbox, full USAA, better maps, etc) are really making it a touch decision.

I am ready to stay with Web/HP OS but the next device better be solid and it needs to attract a few better apps (Just MHO)
    I totally agree. The Evo feels awesome. The build quality is everything the Pre should have been. My only beef is the size. Just a squidge smaller and I'd have been happier with it. I'm on my second Pre, but it seems to be holding up pretty well at this point. I only went with the Evo because I'd gotten tired of waiting for new hardware. Well, the grass is always greener I suppose.

I really hope the Palm guys that went to Google can do a number on it (Android). I just don't have as much fun on Android as WebOS. I certainly don't question the power of Android, but like Linux, it's just not that approachable in my mind. I can use it, I can get stuff done, but dang it's just not as nice a place to be.

Anyway, to get back on topic: If these numbers are dated in August, and given the stories of HP pulling the models back for retooling, how is it possible that these could even be accurate? If HP went for a spec upgrade, I'd expect there would have to be new boards designed, new internal testing done, case designs, prototyping the build; all sorts of stuff. As I recall from my days at HP, it took 3-5 months, just to get the case molds working right. Can anyone shed more light? Did HP pull the Palm models to redo them, or are they just pushing those out the door and will follow up with more in-house designs later?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by guyjin View Post
    ....Anyway, to get back on topic: If these numbers are dated in August, and given the stories of HP pulling the models back for retooling, how is it possible that these could even be accurate? If HP went for a spec upgrade, I'd expect there would have to be new boards designed, new internal testing done, case designs, prototyping the build; all sorts of stuff. As I recall from my days at HP, it took 3-5 months, just to get the case molds working right. Can anyone shed more light? Did HP pull the Palm models to redo them, or are they just pushing those out the door and will follow up with more in-house designs later?

Thanks!

I haven't seen any stories, do you have a link?

All i have heard is that palm is accelerating their roadmap and not a "reboot" in any way

http://www.precentral.net/phil-mckinney-mobilebeat-2010
    There are four lights.
    (fingers crossed)

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    I will still swear this was the case. Store techs have told me the Pre is the hardest to take apart and reassemble right. So just taking that at face value the Pre's which had faults early on or where returned because they where "scratched" were sent to Assuriane (or whatever their name is). In my experience with them they suck at rebuilding phones. When I had a horrible Mogul every rebuild was a mess. The Pre rebuilds were the same. They didn't get the sliders right so suddenly Oreo's were everywhere. Power buttons, the same deal. The cracks, well that was straight up not on them. Finally if ya all remember Palm said no more rebuilds, give out new devices. I got one and noticed the battery instructions. So I swear it was a new gen, not a rebuild. It has been flawless. Maybe the first iteration was bad, but rebuilding those phones made it way worse until Palm learned and corrected. I doubt they will make that mistake again.
    Oh come on, it's not THAT hard... look at the Pre Plus conversion thread. Lots of success stories and counting...
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    my question in regards to these filings:

P102UNA (GSM) Cert #72090412 Issued on August 3, 2010
    P102EWW (CDMA) Cert #72090412 Issued on August 3, 2010
    Inductive Battery Charger Cert #72090250 Issued on May 6, 2010
    Vehicle Charger Cert #72101236 Issued on July 26, 2010
    UNKNOWN PHONE: Cert #72090412 Issued on July 28, 2010
    The dates from previous phones (Palm Pre/Pixi put the cert issue date and release around 2 months. This would potentially mean we may see a new device in October or maybe November (Aug -> Oct). This goes in line to what we have heard before.

the unknown device, could it maybe be the original C40 as noted at webosworld:

What Happened to the Palm c40? (UPDATED!) WebOS World

1ghz CPU
    3.7″ glass screen
    Revamped physical keyboard
    Amazing thinness ~0.5″
    Newer versions of webOS
    5MP camera with 720p recording capabilities
    800 x 480 resolution

they might have also upgraded the specs which is what NOX was saying in his post to match these:
    4″ LCD capacitive glass screen
    8MP camera with 720p recording
    Front facing camera
    960 x 640 resolution
    DLNA support
    1.2ghz CPU

so hopefully this is what it is, two version for sprint and verizon Q4 2010, and the GSM version for overseas first then AT&T early 2011 thats my guess at least.
    Notice the unknown phone and the two P102s share the same cert?

I'm willing to guess it's P102UEU.
    To reassemble? Yes I know, but that insurance company screws up most of their rebuilds. You don't have to agree, just my experience and it makes complete sense to me. If you think the build quality was just horrible, then cool, I disagree...
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    I haven't seen any stories, do you have a link?

All i have heard is that palm is accelerating their roadmap and not a "reboot" in any way

http://www.precentral.net/phil-mckinney-mobilebeat-2010
    You know what? I don't. That's just me going with the impression I picked up in one of these threads. So here's my mea culpa. My bad!
    First, store techs have no idea how hard the Pre is or isn't to disassemble/reassemble because they are not allowed to do so.

Second, Assurion does not rebuild phones.

All repairs and refurbs are handled by Palm.
    Wow this thread has gone down a whole different direction I'm just glad to see some info about new stuff. Some of you should relax and enjoy the ride.
  18.    #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Notice the unknown phone and the two P102s share the same cert?

I'm willing to guess it's P102UEU.
    Hmm - I hadn't considered that possibility.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrazy88 View Post
    Wow this thread has gone down a whole different direction I'm just glad to see some info about new stuff. Some of you should relax and enjoy the ride.
    +1. I keep reading new posts hoping for some more info or good insight, but am getting tired of the analysis of previous products...
  20.    #200  
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrazy88 View Post
    I'm glad I was asleep (timezones - gotta love 'em) for the long digression into discussions about current devices in this thread which is in the Future Palm Devices subforum ...

-- Rod
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast