View Poll Results: Would you want palm to demonstrate WebOS 2.0 4 weeks before Hardware release?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, demonstrate WebOS 2.0, 4 weeks before hardware

40 57.97%
  • No! Both hardware and Software at the same time

25 36.23%
  • We dont need new hardware, overclocking if just fine

1 1.45%
  • I just like to push buttons.

3 4.35%
  1.    #1  
    In order to keep the buzz going, palm should demonstrate web OS 2.0 capabilities.
    I know a new device is around the corner, most likely end of October, palm already has released web OS 2.0 SDK beta version. In order to keep the buzz going palm should demonstrate web OS 2.0 to public. It should not be available to download yet, but atleast people should know what features are coming. This way all the hype is created to keep palm in focus and then in month's time, have another meeting to release the hardware.
    So here is my timeline:
    1) First week of October: Demonstrate webOS 2.0
    2) First week of November: Demonstrate Hardware
    3) Last week of November: Release the hardware to ALL carriers.

What do you guys think? Would a webOS 2.0 demo 4 weeks before hardware be a good idea?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    WebOS needs all the hype it can get - so yes! Let's see demos, leaks, commercials, blog posts, tweets. Unless it's vaporware (which it clearly isn't) there is no possible downside to promoting WebOS as much as possible.
    What buzz? October and November are going to be laden with Windows Phone 7 launch news and reviews. That's pretty much what people are talking about, and you can bet Microsoft will spend the print and TV ad dollars to bolster that.

Even if that wasn't the case, it takes a bit to do a multi-carrier launch of a highend device. Samsung announced the Galaxy S in March, and didn't get it released in Asia until June, with US releases in July, August, and September. There's a reason Rahul Sood said that a new smartphone was coming "not soon".
    HP and Palm needs to demonstrate the capabilities of webOS 2.0 and announce the specifications for new hardware to the public. Any publicity about coming software or hardware will help build momentum toward a actual launch.

If you create something in secret, you shouldn’t be surprised that no one knows about it.

Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    is webos 2.0 coming for the pre or no?
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    In order to keep the buzz going, palm should demonstrate web OS 2.0 capabilities.
    I know a new device is around the corner, most likely end of October, palm already has released web OS 2.0 SDK beta version. In order to keep the buzz going palm should demonstrate web OS 2.0 to public. It should not be available to download yet, but atleast people should know what features are coming. This way all the hype is created to keep palm in focus and then in month's time, have another meeting to release the hardware.
    So here is my timeline:

What do you guys think? Would a webOS 2.0 demo 4 weeks before hardware be a good idea?
    Question: How do you know a new device is around the corner? what are your sources?
    no elaborate demonstrations...
    just teasers and shadows of the new phone
    So here is my timeline:

You can't demo something that's not yet ready to be demo'ed. When it's ready, you'll see the news begin to flow.
  9.    #9  
    Check this out, phones getting ready, close to being released.
    http://forums.precentral.net/future-...v-website.html
  10.    #10  
    wonder what is the analyst meeting is about today.
    wonder what is the analyst meeting is about today.
    You can watch the stream of it here: HP Investor Relations - HP Securities Analyst Meeting 2010

I can't promise it will be worth the watch, though...
    the best way to demo 2.0 would be for them to allow a public beta once it's stable. like MS did with the first Win7 release candidate. If they let power users have it 30 days before general availability.... we could make some serious noise...
  13.    #13  
    You got some point there, but 30 days is not enough to make changes. Maybe there should be a beta version that people can use anytime to help the development.