Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just because everyone else is making a thread about what they think is going to happen I want to be cool to and make my own.

Ok here we go...

HP doesn't care if it looses the current webOS user community because we are such a small percent compared to the entire spectrum of phones and not to mention Android and iOS are gaining thousands daily while webOS has shown no growth.

I may be the only person but unless the preview of webOS2.0 was not showing 90% of the features I'm pretty disappointed in it. *Flamesuit ON*

So there you go my prediction of what is going to happen as an unhappy webOS user.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    well, your signature says it all. Goodbye
    Dan
    I pretty much agree with you. If webo 2.0 does not have 90% more things to show it will not make a big splash. People will not be impressed and we will forever depend on "you have to wait for the updates, its coming"
    No, you are not cool to (too).
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Just because everyone else is making a thread about what they think is going to happen I want to be cool to and make my own.

Ok here we go...

HP doesn't care if it looses the current webOS user community because we are such a small percent compared to the entire spectrum of phones and not to mention Android and iOS are gaining thousands daily while webOS has shown no growth.

I may be the only person but unless the preview of webOS2.0 was not showing 90% of the features I'm pretty disappointed in it. *Flamesuit ON*

So there you go my prediction of what is going to happen as an unhappy webOS user.
    Wheres the Prediction?
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Wheres the Prediction?
    i don't think there is one. the point was to be cool, and as is par for the course with him, to voice his opinions on how all things Pre and webOS suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcolon3 View Post
    I pretty much agree with you. If webo 2.0 does not have 90% more things to show it will not make a big splash. People will not be impressed and we will forever depend on "you have to wait for the updates, its coming"
    ditto. well, maybe not 90%... i think stacks will be a blessing for me, that's for sure. i think (hope) there is a lot more. it has been said many times though that all that has been mentioned so far is more developer centric and that the user-oriented stuff will really excite us. whenever we finally hear what it is...
    the avg consumer doesn't give a rats Equus africanus asinus what the device has.

the iphone is successful and apple is successful simply because apple gets it. The iphone is a fashion trend.. People are sheep and follow trends.. Its as simple as that. That's why they get away with having mediocre os's and what not.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/24/2010 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Language - Forum is PG-13 - Please review forum guidelines - Post edited
    It's amazing...a PREVIEW gives is just a small glimpse of what is coming. Until you've had a chance to play with it and learn the new things it offers, don't spout this stuff.

And yes, your signature says it all. You chose a Pre+ on Verizon and it's VERIZON that locks down the GPS, not Palm. Take your "unhappiness" to Verizon's message boards, not P|C.
    Here my .02$...

WebOS2.0 alpha SDK APIs and features are what works with the Pre today. Additional APIs and features are still being developed as Palm solidifies the exact hardware that will be in the next new device. At that point, they will bake those APIs/features into the gold 2.0 that'll work with existing and current hardware.

Just speculation....

Ok here we go...

I though you were leaving for Droid land:

http://forums.precentral.net/cross-p...ade-early.html

Are you just being a tease? We were genuinely happy for you? (And for us too.)

Or is it time to break out the Troll repellent?
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Here my .02$...

WebOS2.0 alpha SDK APIs and features are what works with the Pre today. Additional APIs and features are still being developed as Palm solidifies the exact hardware that will be in the next new device. At that point, they will bake those APIs/features into the gold 2.0 that'll work with existing and current hardware.

Just speculation....
    They are still missing Mic and camera API. They can't even deliever that right now, I can only expect to see half baked WebOS2.0, even then I doubt they will have Mic and camera API.
    I totally understand not getting your hopes up. It's totally human. And if this is what you need to get through this dry spell, then fine.

But come on,

There is no way that what we've seen of WebOS 2.0 is everything they've got in the new OS. I'm not saying that when they finally release 2.0 it will revolutionize the world, but we will see new things that they haven't announced.

I think Palm and HP understand that they have to keep the customers that they have, but at the same time, there are not many of us to hold onto. I think Rahul's recent blog post was very telling. They are working on blowing us away with new hardware, but not any time soon.

He also said that with the right hardware and software, Palm/HP can win back the people who leave the platform.

Let's hope he's right.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Here my .02$...

Just speculation....
    The 2.0 developer's release is alpha code now?
    OP - I agree with you 100% - You need to find a OG Droid to replace your Pre+.
    I on the other hand will keep my Palm Pre Plus on Verizon and bid you a fond farewell.
    Last edited by not-yet-pre; 09/24/2010 at 08:02 PM.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    It seems the OP was saying that he predicts the update will not meet expectations. I think I have to agree that is most likely. The reason is that this community has been in anticipation mode for so long, it has built up a series of unrealistic expectations that nothing can meet.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    It seems the OP was saying that he predicts the update will not meet expectations. I think I have to agree that is most likely. The reason is that this community has been in anticipation mode for so long, it has built up a series of unrealistic expectations that nothing can meet.
    This maybe true unfortunately all those companies hp bought have many resources and features that can be implemented to webos but i dont think there is enough time to do that.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    No, you are not cool to (too).
    Sorry I typed this on my Pre+ and as we all know the keyboard doesn't like to repeat the same letter. First I got too many leters and now it's skipping the double when I need it.

Also Verizon is one reason I'm not liking my Pre it's also the unreliable hardware and slow speed even with UK 1ghz. Verizon cripples the GPS but why does my phone get uncomfortably hot when using data for over 15min, speakers die with normal use, keyboard issues, luna restarts, getting signed out of my Palm Profile, and many more. It isn't just Verizons fault...

I'm not trying to just bash the Pre orwebOS some people are lucky and don't have many issues but naerly every user thinks HP cares about releasing something soon because they care about the current customers. Well IMO they don't because losing all current users wouldn't fo much considering how small the percentage is.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Verizon cripples the GPS but why does my phone get uncomfortably hot when using data for over 15min, speakers die with normal use, keyboard issues, luna restarts, getting signed out of my Palm Profile, and many more.
    Change it in for a new Pre +. I have the original Sprint Pre & have not had a SINGLE issue you mentioned. Not one. Do you pay for insurance? My speakers are fine. My keyboard is fine, I have never signed out of my Palm Profile, no luna restarts unless I do them based on adding a home brew app. None of the above.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    The 2.0 developer's release is alpha code now?
    No, apparently it's in beta.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast